room block

Luvdancink

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry if this is elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. We are looking at doing a family reunion trip. Does Disney allow for reserving room blocks for a discount? I saw if you got married there they'd do a room block, but I didn't know if they would do it for other reasons. If they allow it, how many rooms is the minimum and what type of discount are we looking at?

I'm sorry if this is elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. We are looking at doing a family reunion trip. Does Disney allow for reserving room blocks for a discount? I saw if you got married there they'd do a room block, but I didn't know if they would do it for other reasons. If they allow it, how many rooms is the minimum and what type of discount are we looking at?

Yes, they put groups together for all sorts of reasons - meetings, events, conventions, etc. As noted, it's a minimum of 10 rooms and you'll need to sign a contract for the room block. You should be able to get a discount plus meeting/convention tickets which also offer a discount.

Back when we had our wedding in 2012, the most heavily discounted rooms were at resorts that have a convention center. It was roughly 10% off at value resorts, 15% at mods, 20% at deluxe with no convention center and 25% at the deluxe resorts with a convention center. These rates may have changed over the years (and I would suspect not for the better if they have).

We had to guarantee at least 10 nights.

I would call that group reservation number to ask those questions. What may have been true x years ago may no longer be true. Never hurts to ask the phone reservation person how to qualify for a group discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter