ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to do two 2BRs or one 2BR and two studios the week of Thanksgiving each year. Not enough points to swing two cabins. Does anyone know if they ever upgrade 2BRs to cabins or do they just leave the cabins empty?
Someone on FB got upgraded to a cabin the other day. But they won’t just upgrade you because they’re empty, it’ll be mostly because of maintenance or other issues with your original room.

My plan is to do two 2BRs or one 2BR and two studios the week of Thanksgiving each year. Not enough points to swing two cabins. Does anyone know if they ever upgrade 2BRs to cabins or do they just leave the cabins empty?

They will leave them empty unless there is a reason that the room that was booked is unavailable.

I was just comparing the sales price from then until now vs what we had been seeing in the past two years for sakes prices.
Yeah, I wasn’t criticizing your comparison, I just meant that the sales prices right now are probably really a little lower in actual cost than they were in 2019.

Does anyone know if they ever upgrade 2BRs to cabins or do they just leave the cabins empty?
I wouldn’t know. I’ve never been pixie dusted with a room upgrade. But then again, my stays are usually for 2 weeks so the chances of getting an upgrade for that long is probably slim to none.

I got an email from the company handling my resale contract on Wednesday, and was told that the deed had been sent to the county for recording, but after the OCC website showed no update, I reached out to my closing agent, and was told that it would be sent to the county today. Does anyone know why the title company would wait until the last day of the week to submit the deed to the county? It's been difficult to get an answer from them and I will never use them again for any resale contract.

abetts20---$135-$22629-150-BCV-Mar- 0/22, 266/23, 150/24- sent 11/16

Still waiting...very annoyed with the realtor as I put in my offer 10/27 and even the initial submission took way longer than necessary. I know DVC isn't as luctractive as a house commission, but this has been ridiculous. I was asked to sign an addendum last week to add the decimals to the contract number. I know this means it was then sent back to start rofr all over, but no one emailed to tell me this or to say oh sorry we screwed up. This should easily have been all done before the holidays and now looking like it'll be weeks more.

And yes, I am frustrated and wanting this to go faster for a 2042 contract. All about the location for us. :)
Sorry about your Fidelity woes, bought resale contract a decade ago from them and they were fine then. I am considering offering on a BWV contract with them. What was the list price of your BCV contract as $135 for a 150 point partially loaded contract is a great price.

Last edited:
I have had good luck with Fidelity but I pretty much deal with one agent. I think they usually have lower prices than some of the other sites so I don't mind dealing with them.

Sorry about your Fidelity woes, bought resale contract a decade ago from them and they were fine then. I am considering offering on a BWV contract with them. What was the list price of your BCV contract as $135 for a 150 point partially loaded contract is a great price.
$135 was the list price. I offered $130 and seller countered with banking their 2022 points instead. Got the banking in 2 days before the cutoff date. Works for me as I am happy with the price plus some bonus points!

Since our original coordinator is no longer there, hoping for better customer service moving forward!

Newbie question here - back when we thought our points would be loaded close to the new year (and now it's looking like mid-late February), we were hoping for a quick visit in late March for Flower and Garden. We knew we'd have slim pickings in early January and are fine staying in OKW or SSR. However, now that it's looking to be maybe 6 weeks out from our visit, will there be any inventory at all? Wondering if we'll just need to wait for our planned late fall/early winter trip.

$135 was the list price. I offered $130 and seller countered with banking their 2022 points instead. Got the banking in 2 days before the cutoff date. Works for me as I am happy with the price plus some bonus points!

Since our original coordinator is no longer there, hoping for better customer service moving forward!

Newbie question here - back when we thought our points would be loaded close to the new year (and now it's looking like mid-late February), we were hoping for a quick visit in late March for Flower and Garden. We knew we'd have slim pickings in early January and are fine staying in OKW or SSR. However, now that it's looking to be maybe 6 weeks out from our visit, will there be any inventory at all? Wondering if we'll just need to wait for our planned late fall/early winter trip.

That’s spring break week for a lot of folks so I think pickings will be really slim but you never know.

The options might be limited, and you might need to put together a split stay, but I notice some people cancel reservations right before their 30 day window, so if you look right at 30 days before you need a room, you might get lucky. I did this last month and was able to get one night at OKW one night at BLT using some points that were going to expire (already banked). Hope it works out for you!

The inventory of available rooms changes daily and even hourly. I would keep checking to see what pops up. As someone already mentioned, looking right at the 30-day window might be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter