ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve stayed there before and now don’t want to stay anywhere else when we go west so it’s basically a way to save $$$ whenever we go there. I think it will probably open in the spring either by a settled law suit or a change in the requirements because even after a vaccine some areas would have difficulty meeting those standards. Without the lawsuit working or a change in”yellow” I’d say it’s 50/50 the parks open next year at all.
I’m with you. My money is in the spring either by settled lawsuit or change in the requirements. They’re opening soon Buena Vista Street in California Adventure for dining and shopping, and if that goes well maybe we’ll get Main Street in Disneyland. So at least there is some progress.

Given the DIS is a very small sample of resale buyers, no way to know for sure. But i have read here and elsewhere buyers walking when they did not close on time.

The point is that brokers and title companies are giving Disney time given circumstances but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t ensure laws and rules are applied.

It is good discussion to learn because the more informed buyers and sellers are, maybe we will begin to see some title companies step up after a reasonable time.

Could not agree more!

I’m sorry, I just don’t think Disney is the bad guy here. Of course neither are the buyers and sellers. And I don’t think there is any evidence whatsoever that Disney would be happy for parties to close without contracts officially passing ROFR, since it doesn’t appear to have ever happened.

I agree. It’s not Disney. It’s the title companies who can request and prepare the closing documents to close on time as Disney set the rules that you can and IMO they should.

Einstein509---$153-$26296-160-VGF-Oct-0/19, 176/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 10/4, taken 10/25

I mistakenly had the date sent in as 10/10, but it was actually sent in on 10/4. It took 20 days for Disney to take this one. Will look for another one soon.

That was fast! i guess the folks that say there is no chronological order are correct. thank you for posting.

Einstein509---$153-$26296-160-VGF-Oct-0/19, 176/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 10/4, taken 10/25

I mistakenly had the date sent in as 10/10, but it was actually sent in on 10/4. It took 20 days for Disney to take this one. Will look for another one soon.
Sorry to hear it was taken, but at least you didn't have to wait for more than 30 days.
Were you notified today ?? (I think my broker only works M/F - no news on weekends)

Sadly it does seem within the range of taken ones for SSR. I think anything $100pp or over would have been ok.

But fingers crossed.

The ROFR page here on the DIS from August - September had a number of SSR resorts getting on average $95/pt and passing... so, I think it's more of a possibility, there was even one that was below $90 that passed. I guess we'll have to see.

Ugh, sorry to hear this...that seems a bit high to be taken so fast! Do you mind sharing: who pays for 2020 dues on this contract, seller or buyer?

ABJrGuy---$129-$7558-49-BWV-Sep-0/19, 49/20, 49/21, 49/22- sent 10/25
Niiiice!! I didn’t even see that one pop up which is good. I don’t need to tempted for another add on and that one would’ve been tempting! Good luck on ROFR!

Ugh, sorry to hear this...that seems a bit high to be taken so fast! Do you mind sharing: who pays for 2020 dues on this contract, seller or buyer?
Buyer paid the dues. So low points, but the dues brought the price up. Surprised me too that they took it at 20 days. Disney must have had some demand for direct purchasers at VGF.

That was fast! i guess the folks that say there is no chronological order are correct. thank you for posting.

Their order and timing is weird. I have 4 VGF contracts sent in Sept at lower prices than the VGF quoted (@Einstein509), and not a word.

ABJrGuy---$129-$7558-49-BWV-Sep-0/19, 49/20, 49/21, 49/22- sent 10/25

Was this listed on one of the sites allowed to be mentioned here?
If not do you mind sharing the listing price? I am kind of thinking of picking up a small Boardwalk contract but keep seeing them listed at 170/180ish. If I am going to pay $180, I might as well pay $200 and just get them direct to have use at Riviera.
$125-130 seems more like what BWV should be for a small contract.

If not do you mind sharing the listing price? I am kind of thinking of picking up a small Boardwalk contract but keep seeing them listed at 170/180ish. If I am going to pay $180, I might as well pay $200 and just get them direct to have use at Riviera.
Hi there I spotted a live one on a DVC resale site which is banned so I can’t post details but it’s nearer the price you were asking about.
Sorry to be vague.
All I can say is that these contracts are out there.

Check fidelity
You should be able to get BWV for $115-$125.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter