ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm noticing just by my real quick searches is that there seems to be a lot more company grantees than I thought there would be. Must be lucrative to rent out points. No wonder there's so much walking of reservations going on!
Is it mostly the board sponsor and other major brokers or are there other rental companies?

I wonder if it’s possibly to hold DVC within a corporate entity for tax/liability purposes if you do a lot of rentals.

Is it mostly the board sponsor and other major brokers or are there other rental companies?

I wonder if it’s possibly to hold DVC within a corporate entity for tax/liability purposes if you do a lot of rentals.
The LLCs or obvious company names I'm seeing do not match any of the major known resale/renatl companie but honestly I've only been doing this for about 45 minutes so take everything anecdotally and with a grain of salt! Tom can probably tell it like it is.

Oh and honestly...this is super addictive. Now I've found a new time suck! Also in 45 minutes of searching I'm seeing people paying prices higher than counter offers I've been rejecting! Maybe I'm being too cheap!

You're a good guy for doing this because it seems tedious from the little research I've currently done! I managed to bring up the deeds to let's say BWV and only clicking on person to person transfers and looking at the deeds. I thought the deeds would list points and per point cost but apparently not! So I see the contract prices but again not seeing how to find out how many points. It's fine by the way I appreciate the tutorial until this point but it was more curiosity than anything else.

One thing I'm noticing just by my real quick searches is that there seems to be a lot more company grantees than I thought there would be. Must be lucrative to rent out points. No wonder there's so much walking of reservations going on!

Edit: Ok I'm kinda seeing how this works a little more. Thanks again Tom for the tutorial!
I used to do these type of searches for my job as a tax investigator. When I started you had to do searches manually by looking through dusty old books.

[/QUOTE] Sure, "my wife's addonitis", I tell myself the same 😉...9 direct contracts later just this year (VGF=1, RIV=2, VDH=6). The vast majority are small ones. Curse "my wife's addonitis"!!! o_O.

ETA: do I count the resale AUL contract that closes in Feb 2024? hmmmm🤔
[/QUOTE]

The addonitis is my wife's, the getting a deal 'itis', that's all me. I have always bought 150 pt+ contracts but getting a small one this time could be appealing. We have 625 points and somehow we only have half that for next year, so my wife says it means we need more points, lol.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter