ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract 1 of 2 passed today! Seems like things are speeding up. Hopefully the Aulani one submitted on 6/30 will take even less time.

kucanhead---$200-$24693-120-VGC-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 120/21, 120/22- sent 6/13, passed 7/22
Congrats! This is what I'd like, too, except for Sep UY.

The # of days waiting has slowly been dropping - It was close to 45 days last week, this week it has dropped from 41 days waiting (yesterday's best) to 39 days waiting (today's best) and today isn't over! :)

This is just the best # of days waiting and obviously some folks that got a response today waited longer (One was 52 days that got a response today).

It does look positive, and if they continue to work at this pace, they would be back below 30 days for some contracts by next week (obviously there maybe some jumps too because I assume less contracts are sent on weekends). If they keep moving at this pace, I could hear back as soon as 8/7 (submitted 7/15) which would be a 24 day wait. That might be a very optimistic timeline though.

The # of days waiting has slowly been dropping - It was close to 45 days last week, this week it has dropped from 41 days waiting (yesterday's best) to 39 days waiting (today's best) and today isn't over! :)

This is just the best # of days waiting and obviously some folks that got a response today waited longer (One was 52 days that got a response today).

It does look positive, and if they continue to work at this pace, they would be back below 30 days for some contracts by next week (obviously there maybe some jumps too because I assume less contracts are sent on weekends). If they keep moving at this pace, I could hear back as soon as 8/7 (submitted 7/15) which would be a 24 day wait. That might be a very optimistic timeline though.
I was thinking my 3 HHI contracts, sent on 6/16, might be quicker too. Since not many HHI contracts are in for ROFR. Like does each resort have different staff who look at them? I was hoping that. I am a seller and really could use that $$. With 2 college tuition bills coming soon.

I was thinking my 3 HHI contracts, sent on 6/16, might be quicker too. Since not many HHI contracts are in for ROFR. Like does each resort have different staff who look at them? I was hoping that. I am a seller and really could use that $$. With 2 college tuition bills coming soon.

I don't really know for sure, but my guess is based on how you see the ROFR's coming in that it is not related to the resort. The state that it is in COULD play a factor (so WDW and Vero Beach might be one set of folks versus HHI, Aulani, VGC) - but that doesn't seem to match the pattern we see (There was one VGC for example coming in roughly the same wait as other WDW contracts today).

I have heard resale agencies say that they just got their "batch" of contracts back for a particular date, so it seems to me that it is date based and maybe agency based.

Since there seems to generally be a pattern around the dates of when contracts are getting responses, I wonder if the ones taking significantly longer are because of a contract issue causing a re-submittal that perhaps the person posting here was not made aware of. For example, the person posting here is the buyer and the seller had an error in the number of points listed when Disney checked it causing the contract to bounce back, and the agency has to re-submit causing an extra delay - or something more simple like an error with the seller's address or name or something.

I'm just making guesses here though - I don't have any factual information to back anything up :)

Then the backlog on getting out the closing docs because they are all passing so quickly. lol. Hope not, though! Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter