• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No update yet, obviously. But I thought I'd mention the original price/offers. So it was listed at $115pp. I put in an offer for $95. (Kind of wish I'd gone lower but oh well.) They countered with $105. So I offered $100 and they accepted.

$100pp was really the maximum we wanted to pay and the main goal was under $6000, after fees/closing. So we got what we wanted.

And now we just have to wait. I suspect we aren't going to hear for at least 3 weeks but as far as I know, no BRV contracts have been taken back recently, right??

I think the $100 is a great price. Think of it this way --- how would feel if you lost out on the contract over $250 (50 pts X $5/pt)? That would not even pay for 1 night at the WL. I was regretting over $2 a point one time and realized I would have been more upset to lose the contract over $100 (also a 50 point contract).

And I do not recall seeing any BRV taken in the last few years...

Nice! You found a 50 point BRV, and pretty quickly too! Don't sweat the five dollars one way or another. Hope the ROFR wait is easy
Exactly. I see so many people who say they can't, or won't go above a certain threshold, and that makes complete sense. I just caution folks to not let perfect get in the way of good and if it's truly a 100% budgetary decision then hold firm, but if it's more of a principled "I refuse to pay more than___" decision, then don't let what, in this case would be $250, get in the way of all of the years of use you'll get out of the points and the possibility that you won't see another contract that's the right size, use year, and resort that you want.

I think the $100 is a great price. Think of it this way --- how would feel if you lost out on the contract over $250 (50 pts X $5/pt)? That would not even pay for 1 night at the WL. I was regretting over $2 a point one time and realized I would have been more upset to lose the contract over $100 (also a 50 point contract).

And I do not recall seeing any BRV taken in the last few years...

Exactly. I see so many people who say they can't, or won't go above a certain threshold, and that makes complete sense. I just caution folks to not let perfect get in the way of good and if it's truly a 100% budgetary decision then hold firm, but if it's more of a principled "I refuse to pay more than___" decision, then don't let what, in this case would be $250, get in the way of all of the years of use you'll get out of the points and the possibility that you won't see another contract that's the right size, use year, and resort that you want.

That's pretty much what I'm telling myself. We were REALLY firm on use year and point amount so I'm happy we got it...even if others pop up later. I think it's just hard because we essentially decided we definitely wanted to buy...and then put in an offer on a contract. I'd probably feel less weird about it if we'd been looking for a while. But ultimately, I'm happy. (Just a bit sad we won't be going back to BRV until 2026....but that has nothing to do with the contract.)

Now we'll just be waiting for a small unicorn VGC to pop up sometime!

Seeing all these subs Aulani is having a negative impact on my impulsivity. 😠 I blame you all!

Aulani is my closest DVC resort but if I buy, I cannot do my Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney trips. I MUST BE STRONG!!

Breathe, repeat your mantra, "Kawaii, not Hawaii"
I’ve never been and I’m also really tempted and although I do plan to in the next few years, I’m more likely to visit Disneyland Paris more regularly than Disneyland California so it’s not even like I’d be making a West coast trip about it every so often. It’s sorcery I tell you.

OK, so here are my contributions:

$97-$17461-160-SSR-Jun-160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 01/31

$137 - $23,819 - 160 BLT - Jun - 160/23, 320/24, 160/25 - just signed today, so hopefully sent 02/05.
Update:

$97-$17461-160-SSR-Jun-160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 01/31....waiting rather impatiently

$137 - $23,819 - 160 BLT - Jun - 160/23, 320/24, 160/25 - sent 02/05

$100 - 18,050 - 160 AKL - Dec - 160/23, 320/24, 160/25 - sent 02/08

......gonna be a long February!!!!

Update:

$97-$17461-160-SSR-Jun-160/23, 320/24, 160/25- sent 01/31....waiting rather impatiently

$137 - $23,819 - 160 BLT - Jun - 160/23, 320/24, 160/25 - sent 02/05

$100 - 18,050 - 160 AKL - Dec - 160/23, 320/24, 160/25 - sent 02/08

......gonna be a long February!!!!
Hopefully, not too long. Will you repost the contracts using the string tool https://rofr.scubacat.net/ so pangyal can add them to page 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter