• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaraOswald---$100-$5501-50-BRV@WL-Jun-0/22, 0/23, 2/24, 50/25- sent 2/5
Congratulations. Another Wilderness Lodge and Grand Cal family! Peter Dominick completion award is 2/3 of the way there.

For some additional fun insight into this adventure. I noticed how passionate @ClaraOswald was about DVC and her purchase of VGC a few months ago in April 2023 and I started this private group chat with her and @UrsulaWantsYourSoul and @AstroBlasters mostly just for fun but……

1707205271199.png

Happy Birthday, HockeyMomNH :bday: I have seen pictures of your amazing cakes for years and you are extremely talented :cake: Hope you hear soon that you have defeated that ROFR monster pixiedust:
Thanks so much! One of these days I should really update my signature. Those cakes are classics now. Haha!

No word from the ROFR monster yesterday. There's still a bunch of people on this thread waiting that are ahead of me though, so I'm not worrying yet.

Congratulations. Another Wilderness Lodge and Grand Cal family! Peter Dominick completion award is 2/3 of the way there.

For some additional fun insight into this adventure. I noticed how passionate @ClaraOswald was about DVC and her purchase of VGC a few months ago in April 2023 and I started this private group chat with her and @UrsulaWantsYourSoul and @AstroBlasters mostly just for fun but……

View attachment 831889

As soon as it (hopefully) passes ROFR, I'll be adding it to my signature. I bet it will be before April so your prediction was right! Initially, I didn't think it would happen because we hadn't planned on a WDW trip until 2025. But after our recent trip, we knew we'd want to go back!

Yes, welcome! We completed our Peter Dominick trifecta and are quite happy.

That said, the architect of Aulani was a Peter Dominick student and it shows; we debate whether that means we should own at Aulani, too. ;-)

Yes, welcome! We completed our Peter Dominick trifecta and are quite happy.

That said, the architect of Aulani was a Peter Dominick student and it shows; we debate whether that means we should own at Aulani, too. ;-)

I assume the 3rd is Animal Kingdom Lodge, right?

Oh man...I'd love to visit (or own!) Aulani some day but right now, the long flights will keep us away. Fingers crossed for the future though!

Slightly shy about posting this here but I wanted to let you all know that we released a beta feature called the DealScore on dvcforless.com. It takes a lot of the grunt and guess work out of hunting for DVC resale deals. Setup an alert for 5 star deals and you'll get notified when they hit the market. The algorithm is pretty sophisticated already but we'd love to tune it further based on user feedback. Next week we'll be releasing an updated version that gives a detailed DealScore report.

I just figured that those following this thread are probably the type of deal seekers that may appreciate it, or have some constructive criticism. Again, this is still in beta and your feedback is welcome. :-)

Slightly shy about posting this here but I wanted to let you all know that we released a beta feature called the DealScore on dvcforless.com. It takes a lot of the grunt and guess work out of hunting for DVC resale deals. Setup an alert for 5 star deals and you'll get notified when they hit the market. The algorithm is pretty sophisticated already but we'd love to tune it further based on user feedback. Next week we'll be releasing an updated version that gives a detailed DealScore report.

I just figured that those following this thread are probably the type of deal seekers that may appreciate it, or have some constructive criticism. Again, this is still in beta and your feedback is welcome. :-)
That’s great! Can’t wait to play around with it!

I assume the 3rd is Animal Kingdom Lodge, right?

Oh man...I'd love to visit (or own!) Aulani some day but right now, the long flights will keep us away. Fingers crossed for the future though!
Yes, the third is Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Just for clarity for folks coming in late to the thread, Peter Dominick designed the Wilderness Lodge, the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and the Grand Californian -- which, if you've been to all three, you can clearly see his influence. The architect of Aulani was also a student of his.

You could break it up with a stay at the Grand Californian before and after... ;-)
That's honestly what we did, lol. It's a long flight from Boston!

Just do it! The flights won't get shorter! If you really hate the long travel day, a lot of east coasters combine it with additional west coast adventures like CA, Seattle or even Vegas, Arizona. All of these destinations have nonstop flights to HNL.

Just do it! The flights won't get shorter! If you really hate the long travel day, a lot of east coasters combine it with additional west coast adventures like CA, Seattle or even Vegas, Arizona. All of these destinations have nonstop flights to HNL.

No, flights won't get shorter. But hopefully our son's tolerance for travel will improve. He is autistic and developmentally disabled so the future is really so unknown. We'd also like him to be able to swim before ever doing a beach-type trip somewhere. But it's definitely something I dream about and look forward to! The resort looks so beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter