ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not following the logic here— Disney (DVD) is a profit seeking corporation so it doesn’t make sense for them to leave the money in the table if they can easily pad revenue and slightly increase overall profitability. Plus, the higher they keep VGC (while also making a profit!) the more likely marginal buyers buy in VDH direct at $230 instead of VGC resale at $300. If I ran the division, I’d start getting direct contracts signed while VGC resale is kicking around the in ROFR queue, waiting until the ink dries on recission period to yoink the contract.

IMO, they may simply have decided that they don’t have enough interest to go through all of it.

They know how many people could be interested. Waitlists stopped years ago.

I certainly wouldn’t chase a few potential buyers when I have lots of other resorts to sell that will give me much more bang for my buck.

Since they have never taken to ROFRing VGC, it’s obviously not showing as a strategy.

IMO, they may simply have decided that they don’t have enough interest to go through all of it.

They know how many people could be interested. Waitlists stopped years ago.

I certainly wouldn’t chase a few potential buyers when I have lots of other resorts to sell that will give me much more bang for my buck.

Since they have never taken to ROFRing VGC, it’s obviously not showing as a strategy.
I think never is a bit too strong of a word, there were VGC ROFRs prior to COVID.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-december-20-report/

While the dollar amount $310-$250= $60pp is a reasonable spread with very little effort from the guides, the return on capital $60/$250 is only 24%. Maybe they need a higher margin when you back out compensation to guides and closing costs on the initial buyback?

I’d still ROFR and clear the deck of the direct demand to get the dollars in the door and to have the upsale product to make VDH and AUL look more affordable.

You have a DVC sales face now at DL…. might as well give them some more inventory…..

JGINPL---$128-$11183-80-PVB-Feb-0/23, 80/24, 80/25, 80/26-SellerHalfClosing- sent 1/30

Pretty happy with this one. I may be looking at reducing some of my smaller contracts if this one pass ROFR.
Wow that’s a great price for a small contract! I was feeling ok about my 100pt for $142 😂

So if a guide is calling saying they have VGC points available, direct. I assume that means Disney actually bought back points from someone and not everything is going through ROFR? Interesting. I wonder what price they are buying them back at.
At Which price did they offer it? Btw did they mentioned how many was available to you?

I think never is a bit too strong of a word, there were VGC ROFRs prior to COVID.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-december-20-report/

While the dollar amount $310-$250= $60pp is a reasonable spread with very little effort from the guides, the return on capital $60/$250 is only 24%. Maybe they need a higher margin when you back out compensation to guides and closing costs on the initial buyback?

I’d still ROFR and clear the deck of the direct demand to get the dollars in the door and to have the upsale product to make VDH and AUL look more affordable.

You have a DVC sales face now at DL…. might as well give them some more inventory…..

Thanks...I never remember VGC being taken!! But, that is my thought...while its not a lot of time for guides, it just may not be worth it in the end...and I still believe that when they take things via ROFR, it is for reasons beyond having someone waiting in the wings....

At Which price did they offer it? Btw did they mentioned how many was available to you?
Oh, sorry...no one called me. I was just asking generally. But someone earlier in the thread did get a call and bought some VGC direct.
That was me!
I got lucky. I was on my guide’s “check periodically list” and I had in fact asked him when we got back from VGC (and before I bid on the resale contract) if there were any VGC points available. He happened to check just at the right time 2 weeks later, saw 200 points, put them on hold (they can only hold for 24 hours) and called me.

They were $310 per point. With Magical Beginnings it was $290/point. As our UY is September, we were fine with selling back our 2023 points since our next planned trip is Oct/Nov 2025, so I’d have rented out those VGC points anyway (banking them they’d still have expired 8/31/2025, so before our trip).

Found a unicorn, she's so pretty! Offered full asking price and called the agent one minute later to make sure she got my offer. She got another call while on the line with me and said multiple offers all came in right after mine. She laughed and said "I think I priced it too low" and I responded "no, it's the perfect price!"

The_MT---$110-$13975-120-AUL-Sep-240/23, 120/24, 120/25-Subsidized dues, international seller- sent 1/29

Found a unicorn, she's so pretty! Offered full asking price and called the agent one minute later to make sure she got my offer. She got another call while on the line with me and said multiple offers all came in right after mine. She laughed and said "I think I priced it too low" and I responded "no, it's the perfect price!"

The_MT---$110-$13975-120-AUL-Sep-240/23, 120/24, 120/25-Subsidized dues, international seller- sent 1/29
Great find!!

Priced to sell, not priced to sit on the shelf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter