ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else have odd issues with http://www.fidelityresales.com/ ? I am in the process of completing an offer on our first DVC contract and I've received the wrong purchase price (much less then it should be) twice. I've had to send it back to them to correct. There's no point for me to sign it since the seller would never sign for that amount. This makes me a bit hesitant to work with a company that is have issue with the most basic procedures. Should I be concerned?
I have had absolutely no issues working with Fidelity and find their customer service excellent. I've purchased two contracts through them already and recently put in an offer on another; I've worked with 4 agents and multiple other employees and always found them incredibly nice, fast, honest and upfront.

I've also heard here multiple times that they aren't as available over weekends. While that may be true, I called on a Saturday last year and had an offer accepted that day, which was also independence day.

On another note, I have received contracts to sign with errors in them as well from other brokers. I've caught errors in my name, the number of points, the cost of the contract (can't remember the exact error here but basically it would have had me paying for points that were not present which I didn't plan to do).

Kudos to you on doing your due diligence and carefully reading anything you sign. I don't think brokers want to make errors but it is inevitable they will so all we can really do is be extra careful ourselves if we plan to purchase.

I have had absolutely no issues working with Fidelity and find their customer service excellent. I've purchased two contracts through them already and recently put in an offer on another; I've worked with 4 agents and multiple other employees and always found them incredibly nice, fast, honest and upfront.

I've also heard here multiple times that they aren't as available over weekends. While that may be true, I called on a Saturday last year and had an offer accepted that day, which was also independence day.

On another note, I have received contracts to sign with errors in them as well from other brokers. I've caught errors in my name, the number of points, the cost of the contract (can't remember the exact error here but basically it would have had me paying for points that were not present which I didn't plan to do).

Kudos to you on doing your due diligence and carefully reading anything you sign. I don't think brokers want to make errors but it is inevitable they will so all we can really do is be extra careful ourselves if we plan to purchase.
Thank you for the feedback.

I will post the contract once we get it signed. My wife and I are excited to join the club!

I got my 270 point BWV $115/pt taken; then immediately submitted a 300 point BWV $115/pt international seller...looking to prove this international seller theory....still awaiting
Well, wouldn't you know, international seller came thru! The Mouse likes American Cheese, not Isle of Mull Farmhouse Cheese (i.e. Scottish)! Submitted Jan 13, passed Jan 22nd.

Are you kidding? We wouldn’t give up our VWL contract for anything!!! LOVE it so much 🥰
It is the best!! Much as I love AKV for the animals and would also never give it up, WL remains my first love.

Actually, I was misremembering! I think it's because you own these ROFR threads, so sorry about that. I was thinking of @ScubaCat advocating BCV was the best in the last ROFR thread. ;-)

I am in process on my second contract with Fidelity right now. Based on feedback from this board I selected my own closing attorney both times which I think helped a lot. They are still awful on communication, but I find if I bug them enough to verify things are moving along they do get it done. The prices for Fidelity contracts are typically lower, I am assuming because they have lower fees for the seller. The $195 admin fee stinks but is more than made up by the lower cost per point.

I used fidelity and my own choice of title. No issues. Did this in August.

From our friends at DVC Resale Market:

"Life is full of possibilities. You just need to know where to look." - Joe Gardner ("Soul")

Congrats to the following 52 awesome families that passed ROFR in the last week! Huge thanks as always to everyone out there for another incredible week of making magic - stay safe & magical
🙂

ALLERS, BRITT, APPLE, MCGOWAN, JEAN, MARX, GOERNER, SCHECK, WOOD, FONTANA, FULLER, HERNANDEZ, ARANCIVIA, BACKMAN, GILLEN, COOK, JESCHKE, PHILLIPS, DELOACH, CHANG, CAYWOOD, EPPENSTEIN, PRICE, ZHOU, MOYER, FIGUEROA, WERNER, SILVER, WARNING, STAHLECKER, LONDON, MAZZUCA, MCCOY, BURROW, GARCIA, ARMSTRONG, CLAGETT, ZELENAY, BURKE, BEHMLANDER, PUTNAM, REILLY, TIERNEY, SCHEDEL, MISITI, EBBELER, GANESHRAAM, KRAUZA, GONZALEZ, GLAISYER & SWITZER

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter