ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably best to wonder what the process is than to actually find out.

I look forward to welcoming all of you home when our fellow BLT neighbors' times arrive!

I still waiting for my sellers to sign the contract... trouble with having multiple of them..

Hopefully we can have it sent to Disney to pass ROFR soon (first contract so getting way more excited then I should be..)

I need to stop coming to this forum. DH & I have one daughter getting married June 2 and the other getting ready to go to college. WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE POINTS! Seriously we have 600 points but.....:P
Seriously, I find myself constantly refreshing this seeing what the latest deals are. We're about to close today on our BRV contract and I keep telling myself stop looking at listings, stop looking at listings!

I need to stop coming to this forum. DH & I have one daughter getting married June 2 and the other getting ready to go to college. WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE POINTS! Seriously we have 600 points but.....:P
June 2 is a good day to get married :) It'll be 16 years and I still like him! I keep trying to tell him more DVC points would be a very acceptable anniversary present.

AKV at $92 pp? That Savanna is awfully beautiful, the pools are nice, the beds are comfortable, and Sanaa and Boma...
I know I thought my AKV at 104 was good, but dang! I am happy for them and happy with my contract (our first!) Still waiting to hear back from ROFR

Seriously, I find myself constantly refreshing this seeing what the latest deals are. We're about to close today on our BRV contract and I keep telling myself stop looking at listings, stop looking at listings!
Wow! You are already closing?! Congrats! That was super fast! You got an awesome deal. How low can they go? - Depends how badly a seller needs to sell & when the ROFR lady is told to start to buy back again. We may have not seen the bottom of the market yet. :D Again - WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE POINTS!

MFMont---$92-$16857-160-AKV-Dec-0/21, 110/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 3/29

Typo corrected. There are 160 pts for 24'
Hello, do you mind if I ask who your broker was? And what the initial offer was and what you countered for?

Wow! You are already closing?! Congrats! That was super fast! You got an awesome deal. How low can they go? - Depends how badly a seller needs to sell & when the ROFR lady is told to start to buy back again. We may have not seen the bottom of the market yet. :D Again - WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE POINTS!
Surprisingly the seller was faster in returning closing docs. We could've closed two days ago, but my bank transfers didn't happen soon enough!

I know I thought my AKV at 104 was good, but dang! I am happy for them and happy with my contract (our first!) Still waiting to hear back from ROFR
The one we got at $94 was actually better than our $92 as it had 50 more 2022 points.
Hello, do you mind if I ask who your broker was? And what the initial offer was and what you countered for?
The $94 deal was with the TSS and I worked with JP. I believe their original asking price was $120pp.

Without the brokers permission, I don't want to do that on this specific deal on the $92pp contract. It was neither of the two brokers or companies mentioned in this post. I don't know the particulars behind this one as I was contacted about it. I believe if I didn't answer in a timely fashion, they would have contacted the next potential buyer on the list. I have been very specific with the brokers that have taken their time to understand what I am looking for as a buyer. I am part way through the process of picking up roughly 800 points. I have taken the shotgun approach to this process and have sent out something like 30 offers so far. Through that I have come to understand that there are very large differences between brokers and companies. I can only surmise that this particular deal was a co-broker situation where a DVC specific broker was working with a broker that sells primarily non DVC time shares. I can only assume the owners needed to move very quickly because there really was not any back and forth.

The $108 deal that went through ROFR was Jason @ B&S DVC. The owners started at $130 if I remember right. This contract was 386/200/200 so just as good as the others.

I actually find it odd when you get the broker that gets all personal about your "lowball" offer. There are obviously good deals to be had and some appreciate that there are buyers that don't screw around and can move quickly in the uncertain economy. I have done so much of this over the last month that I have identified at least one broker I can deal with at each company and I just stick with them. The deal is all I care about and not which resale company is listing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter