ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

After maxing out our 24 OTUP every year and still not having enough points this year, we decided it was time to add on a small contract! Our goal was to stay under $5,000. This BLT contract will be perfect for a long weekend trip for a Halloween or Christmas party. Never stayed there, but excited to see the upcoming refurbishment!

PoppyJ---$135-$4860-36-BLT-Sep-0/22, 0/23, 0/24, 36/25-seller pays closing- sent 6/18

After maxing out our 24 OTUP every year and still not having enough points this year, we decided it was time to add on a small contract! Our goal was to stay under $5,000. This BLT contract will be perfect for a long weekend trip for a Halloween or Christmas party. Never stayed there, but excited to see the upcoming refurbishment!

PoppyJ---$135-$4860-36-BLT-Sep-0/22, 0/23, 0/24, 36/25-seller pays closing- sent 6/18
I had been watching that one for weeks, & I finally made an offer on it yesterday, when they told me it just sold. :)

I had been watching that one for weeks, & I finally made an offer on it yesterday, when they told me it just sold. :)
What crazy timing! There were only 2 contracts in our use year that fit our budget. A 50 point SSR (our offer was rejected, no counter), and this one!

What crazy timing! There were only 2 contracts in our use year that fit our budget. A 50 point SSR (our offer was rejected, no counter), and this one!
I have no business buying another contract right now, I just kept staring at it, & thought, well I'll make an offer I cant refuse and we'll just see how it goes, but my offer was much less so it would have probably been declined anyway. Just happy to not be staring at it anymore. Congrats!!

Hey guys I need some guidance.

I received my closing docs for one of the contracts. I'm asked to print, complete the forms by hand and send them back.

By "send" I imagine they want me to dispatch a raven with the documents, sealed by my house emblem in wax?
FedEx? Use something trackable. Unless they are somehow fine with a scanned PDF.

I received my closing docs for one of the contracts. I'm asked to print, complete the forms by hand and send them back.

By "send" I imagine they want me to dispatch a raven with the documents, sealed by my house emblem in wax?
In like the mail? Is your title agency Ye Olde Landholdings Titling Patronage?

I would send it back via post rider.

Wouldn’t that be a great TaskRabbit posting.

Did the closing documents packet not include a pre-paid FedEx Or UPS shipping label to print out? My experience has always been that you receive a detailed instruction sheet laying out exactly what needs to be done with each document (what needs to be notarized, what doesn’t, etc), how to send final payment, and a shipping label to print out.

We had a couple contracts with that phrasing. We just used Adobe to type our signature and we emailed the signed pages back.

Your title company didn’t provide a pre-paid FEDEX or UPS label?

I printed, signed, scanned and emailed back.

Is this a TRCS Closing on Aulani and you are the buyer? Usually buying side is not much to do but send money for wdw dvc contracts. For Aulani, you do need to sign/notarize and fedex back but they usually provide a Fedex label, could be an oversight and just ask them to send you one.

I use DVC T&E for speed and efficiency (sometimes sellers are slow, but it's certainly not something they can control all the time). I've been the seller and buyer. When seller, I've been asked to schedule my online notary well in advance of ROFR passing so we can have the most efficient/speed closing. I appreciate that! On the buying side, closing docs come quick after ROFR is officially passed and I just have to send money and boom, we have a record date done. For locations they are not yet licensed/operating, I use TRCS, they are not quite as fast but they get the job done and the price cant be beat and I have a good relationship with their staff already, so it's always smooth and nice for my contracts it seems.

I have a late purchase report:
eMoneyBug---$149-$24388-150-PVB-Apr-0/23, 300/24, 150/25-CAD Seller- sent 5/2, passed 5/21

Recorded already, currently waiting for Disney to set up the Member#

Our 1st contract with the group Sponsor DVC Resale Market, Scotty K was a wonderful broker to work with. Good dude!
Contract Price $22,350
2024 Dues Reimb $1234.52
Closing Costs $803.85

Got this contract negotiated and agreed to like day before more PIT news was breaking and frenzy and more ROFR were happening and super lucky it was a CAD owner selling. :)

facebook twitter