ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I don’t have all the specific details, but friends of mine got an AKV Dec use year 220pt for $95/pt. Had 381 for 2023 and full points going foreword. I know buyer paid 2024 dues and closing but I don’t have the total costs. It had been listed for about a week and asking was $110. Passed ROFR and they’re waiting on the contract to show up on their DVC account.

I also just had an AKV sent to ROFR 100 pts for $95/pt but only 60 pts in 2024, full pts forward. March use year. Buyer paying closing, 2024 dues, and fidelity fee. I’ll post the string if I remember when I’m home. I think it was listed for $115. I offered $95 and it was accepted. So I probably could’ve gotten it for less.

WoW! My husband is freaking out with that price. We are looking for the same thing but mostly a DEC UY. We might wait until next DEC or beginning 2025 when everyone gets their dues and start freaking out. It always becomes a buyers market at the beginning of the year. I am hoping that the refurbishment to AKL will be nicely done.
I wouldn't necessarily wait. I offered 20% less on the contract I just bought and threw in a couple of costs too, so you never know. Perhaps look for the sweet spot where someone has been listed for around 3mo and is also loaded.

I think the direct incentives are putting some downward pressure on resale prices so one is helping the other.

I did buy 150 with the incentives as my first (and likely only) Direct contract though.
I’ve seen the OKWe listings and it didn’t seem like much of a discount to direct at the member add-on prices.

But, I’m not checking them every day.

Last edited:

I don't look at the stripped contracts that way. I'm looking at the value of the points that you didn't get. If you'd bought a contract with full 2023-2025 points, conservatively those points are worth $18/pt on the rental market, so close to 11K for those 600 pts, possibly more. You may be paying $20ish less per point up front, but you lost more than you gained with it being stripped IMO.
I see extra points as a far lower value. I'm thinking about $18 per point rental rate (since it might be hard to use all the points in booking) MINUS the dues I'm likely paying at closing. So I'm happy to allocate $10 per point value to most points I'm not using myself - then fine tune it if looking at an actual offer. I know the "pro" renters are doing far better, but I don't see myself dedicating the effort to being very efficient on the rental side. So a "new" contract with extra points may or may not have that much benefit to me...

I see extra points as a far lower value. I'm thinking about $18 per point rental rate (since it might be hard to use all the points in booking) MINUS the dues I'm likely paying at closing. So I'm happy to allocate $10 per point value to most points I'm not using myself - then fine tune it if looking at an actual offer. I know the "pro" renters are doing far better, but I don't see myself dedicating the effort to being very efficient on the rental side. So a "new" contract with extra points may or may not have that much benefit to me...
I think this is very valid for most resorts and I agree. But for BCV, b/c it is such a high demand resort, you could use a rental company for those extra points and make $16-$18 per point, no labor on your end. You're right, I didn't take into account MF, but assuming you only pay 2024 dues on a loaded contract, it's still a big difference in overall price IMO.

I think the difference would be if it is banked points where you are not paying any dues.

With current year points, it depends on if you need them or not. The replacement cost of stripped contracts is $18 or higher per point depending on the resort.

Not saying that it’s not possible, but that is not where the market is currently listing at.
Yeah it’s a great deal for the extended resort. If they dropped animal kingdom down to this price point we would be all over it. Still a tough deal to pass if you want ap. We only go down once a year so ap would cost us more then just buying a 7 day park ticket. But still very tempting.

I see a lot of good deals for OKW and OKWe and I am also tempted especially the smaller ones! Then I think about the dues...never mind! :lmao:
I think most people overcompensate for the dues, aside for Vero Beach and Hilton Head.

People who are brand new to shopping for contracts tend to under-appreciate the impact of dues, but experienced people tend to overcorrect in my opinion.

Old Key West dues are about $1.50 higher than the average non-OKW WDW resort.

If you can save $10, $20, $30 per point on your initial purchase, it's going to be literally decades before the higher dues offset the lower initial purchase price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter