ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

This is really going to poke that ROFR monster….
That would be SOO sad. Let it be Disney, let it be.

Now I need to figure out how you all get those cool banners at the bottom of your signature with your home resorts. (Already own at VGC)

We decided to stick with 1 UY for both WDW and DLR because I can definitely see us wanting to combine them some years. I just didn't want the hassle of more than one UY. I think this will be better for me so I don't try to purchase too many contracts. Ha!
Agreed. One UY keeps everything simple and easy to manage. I know a lot of buyers don’t mind compartmentalizing a contract or two in another separate UY if the points are more expensive and they only plan on using them at their home resort. I totally get it, but you never know what kind of a situation might pop up down the line, sometime in the next 20, 30 or 40 years, where you might need them elsewhere, right? I just like having the flexibility, frankly, even if I don’t use it.

Agreed. One UY keeps everything simple and easy to manage. I know a lot of buyers don’t mind compartmentalizing a contract or two in another separate UY if the points are more expensive and they only plan on using them at their home resort. I totally get it, but you never know what kind of a situation might pop up down the line, sometime in the next 20, 30 or 40 years, where you might need them elsewhere, right? I just like having the flexibility, frankly, even if I don’t use it.
Now that I know the second use year contracts show up in the same login on the dashboard and can be transferred to the other membership with a phone call if I ever need to, I thought it was definitely worth it. I also feel much safer using a Feb use year for Disneyland during the summer instead of my other Sept points at WDW to avoid the crazy heat and just in case we ever have to cancel last second

Now that I know the second use year contracts show up in the same login on the dashboard and can be transferred to the other membership with a phone call if I ever need to, I thought it was definitely worth it. I also feel much safer using a Feb use year for Disneyland during the summer instead of my other Sept points at WDW to avoid the crazy heat and just in case we ever have to cancel last second
But… transferred points cannot ever be borrowed and you can’t transfer banked points….

Also, you can only waitlist properties if you have enough points in that membership to book it.

So having things in multiple UYs can really gum things up. I’m speaking from experience.

I have a reservation broken up over 2 memberships and my wife is going to be livid if we have to change rooms mid-trip to the same room type at the same resort….not at Disney… at me for being the dummy who thought it was no big deal to have multiple UYs.

But… transferred points cannot ever be borrowed and you can’t transfer banked points….

Also, you can only waitlist properties if you have enough points in that membership to book it.

So having things in multiple UYs can really gum things up. I’m speaking from experience.

I have a reservation broken up over 2 memberships and my wife is going to be livid if we have to change rooms mid-trip to the same room type at the same resort….not at Disney… at me for being the dummy who thought it was no big deal to have multiple UYs.
But I can bank the points after I transfer. And I get a second set of waitlists just for VGC now! I can use 3 years of points if I leave them in the Feb membership, or just 2 at once I guess if I transfer, bank, then transfer the next year's points. But I probably wouldn't do that too often. I'd be more likely to transfer some extra WDW points to the Feb use year and use for VGC waitlists for extra days, then bank if they don't come through

That would be SOO sad. Let it be Disney, let it be.

Now I need to figure out how you all get those cool banners at the bottom of your signature with your home resorts. (Already own at VGC)
Go here https://www.disboards.com/account/signature

copy & paste this
Code:
[IMG]https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/dvc-resorts/blt-bay-lake-tower/PEP_PCWEB_Vignettes_930x90_Bay_Lake_Tower.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.disney.com/media/dvc/catalog/resorts/dvc-resorts/gcal-villas-at-grand-californian/Grand_Californian_Vignette_rd.png[/IMG]

I may actually find a cheap value contract somewhere (SSR? Aulani?) that I don't own yet in the Feb use year and use for combo DL/Aulani trips or use to waitlist VGC then use as SAP if nothing comes through

I am in ROFR for a contract in a different UY. My current contract is a FW and rarely to I convert to points. So it will either be used by us as the fixed week or rented. It is week 49 @ CCV and I have never had an issue renting it. So my second UY will be used as either a separate reservation to my FW or just use points solely from that UY.

I am in ROFR for a contract in a different UY. My current contract is a FW and rarely to I convert to points. So it will either be used by us as the fixed week or rented. It is week 49 @ CCV and I have never had an issue renting it. So my second UY will be used as either a separate reservation to my FW or just use points solely from that UY.

Where did you find a resale contract with a FW, if it's okay to ask? Resale contracts with FW's are so rare.
(And Week 49 at CCV is a super combination!)

Where did you find a resale contract with a FW, if it's okay to ask? Resale contracts with FW's are so rare.
(And Week 49 at CCV is a super combination!)
I found a resale CCV FW 52 on the sponsor's site earlier in the year. There was another that had been sitting for months (same week), and it was recently removed but not sold. Surprising because it was based on the resort's opening point chart, which was lower than what it is now.

(Mods: sorry if the above detail is breaking any rules)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter