ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made a couple (higher price per point) BLT offers that didn’t work out during the week leading up to this. I was really hoping that making an offer on both contracts would give us a slight advantage, but extremely surprised when the sellers accepted the $125 pp offers immediately with no counter. We were just about ready to move on to SSR!
Keep trying and hold the line on what you are willing to offer. I just bid on a $170pp 100 point BLT and got countered with $140.

Keep trying and hold the line on what you are willing to offer. I just bid on a $170pp 100 point BLT and got countered with $140.
Piggybacking on this a bit but until ROFR returns there is no reason so bid high unless you have an imminent need for the points.

Wdwbride09---$80-$2934-25-OKW-Feb-0/22, 25/23, 25/24- sent 3/8

Finally heard today...Disney found that the contract is in probate, and no one knows why...who...or how...so I guess I will be looking for a new one. Fingers crossed for another good deal!
I’m sorry. This happened to me with my first offer on a CC. Prices have fallen even more since then though so it was for the best in the end! Hope you find an even better deal!

AP had no value to me and I assume others who come once a year or every other year. It is not a cheap deal and I can buy a lot of hopper days before it breakseven. Glad others have the option though!
Don't forget the value in the AP for those of us that come once a year by getting 2 trips out of one AP so long as you schedule your trip in the 2nd year earlier in the season then the trip in your first year. If your annual trip scheduling has the flexibility to do this, you only have to pay for a new AP every 2 years (which averages out to less than $500/yr per ticket which is about the equivalent of a 3 or 4 day hopper ticket each year).
We will be getting our 2nd trip out of our AP in August but who knows whether it will be available for next year's trip. Though I am considering investing in a new AP after my renewal period lapses since I believe in that case the new AP shouldn't become effective until the 1st day of our trip in 2024.

Don't forget the value in the AP for those of us that come once a year by getting 2 trips out of one AP so long as you schedule your trip in the 2nd year earlier in the season then the trip in your first year. If your annual trip scheduling has the flexibility to do this, you only have to pay for a new AP every 2 years (which averages out to less than $500/yr per ticket which is about the equivalent of a 3 or 4 day hopper ticket each year).
We will be getting our 2nd trip out of our AP in August but who knows whether it will be available for next year's trip. Though I am considering investing in a new AP after my renewal period lapses since I believe in that case the new AP shouldn't become effective until the 1st day of our trip in 2024.
I am aware but that is not what I meant by the person that comes once a year (or every other year). Sounds like you are going twice a year lol. Well twice within 365 days. Yeah sign up once for it and double dip if you can but I still calculate tickets to maybe still be cheaper in some cases. 2 packs of 4 day hoppers is still cheaper for most of the year. AP is just pricey for most families and the average visitor as it probably should be. I know many have lots of points and want to do many small trips so that math is much easier to breakeven on. If you do two longer trips close together, you of course took advantage of it well.

Yeah, you are correct. I'll take the 'L' here on a technicality. 🤣
It is a thing I wish I pulled off last trip but no AP. We will try to milk this with a Jan and Oct trip probably in the future if I can and it still is a thing. lolm Maybe Jan and Jan if weeks lay out well.

Reminder…all sites you want to mention or share info from must be linked. If you use a site to gather info, then please post the link as required…avoiding that and talking around it is not allowed.

Last edited:
The economy does suck right now and people forget how impactful that is on families.
This is not a factual statement for the broad US economy. There may be softening in some areas, but it does not “suck”.

1) Jobs: There are still significantly more job openings than people who say they are looking for work 1.7 jobs available for every 1 worker seeking a job.
2) Unemployment: 50 year low of 3.5%
3) Wage Growth: 5% (see recent Disney CM raise @ WDW)
4) Inflation: Falling every month (from 9% down to 6%)
5) US PMI: 52.3, Global PMI: 53.4
6) SP500: Up 7.4% YTD
7) Corporate Profits: Analysts expect to hit another all time high by end of the year.

Plenty of families will still be taking annual Disney trips or AP looping (2 trips in 365 calendar days) and the availability of APs will be beneficial for some of those families.

This is not a factual statement for the broad US economy. There may be softening in some areas, but it does not “suck”.

1) Jobs: There are still significantly more job openings than people who say they are looking for work 1.7 jobs available for every 1 worker seeking a job.
2) Unemployment: 50 year low of 3.5%
3) Wage Growth: 5% (see recent Disney CM raise @ WDW)
4) Inflation: Falling every month (from 9% down to 6%)
5) US PMI: 52.3, Global PMI: 53.4
6) SP500: Up 7.4% YTD
7) Corporate Profits: Analysts expect to hit another all time high by end of the year.

Plenty of families will still be taking annual Disney trips or AP looping (2 trips in 365 calendar days) and the availability of APs will be beneficial for some of those families.
How about the inverted yield curve?! 🤣. I agree with you though. The economy for the most part is not terrible. I think we just got used to a crazy hot economy and near-zero interest rate environment for way too long. And like you said, unemployment is the lowest in half a century. It’s just going to take some time for everyone to get used to higher interest rates and inflation.

I am aware but that is not what I meant by the person that comes once a year (or every other year). Sounds like you are going twice a year lol. Well twice within 365 days. Yeah sign up once for it and double dip if you can but I still calculate tickets to maybe still be cheaper in some cases. 2 packs of 4 day hoppers is still cheaper for most of the year. AP is just pricey for most families and the average visitor as it probably should be. I know many have lots of points and want to do many small trips so that math is much easier to breakeven on. If you do two longer trips close together, you of course took advantage of it well.

Yeah, for me, when talking about getting an AP...taking a trip "once a year" doesn't necessarily mean once a calendar year. For me, it means once in a 365 day period.

Example, I went to Disneyland in February 2023 and plan to go again in June 2024. Sure that's once a year, via the calendar. But it wouldn't be a "year" on an AP. So for people like me....buying an AP would make no sense.

WImouse---$105-$27195-250-BWV-Oct-229/22, 250/23, 250/24- sent 3/21

We ended up pulling out of this contract. We already have BWV points and thought our extended family would be happy to add to the pool we all share at this home. Turns out they’d rather diversify, so we’re back in the hunt for BCV points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter