ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re family of 4 but the kids don’t want to share a bed if they don’t have to. Some one bedroom only sleep 4 when a studio sleeps 5. It makes no sense to me.
Good point. My 2 kids are still small but will probably become an issue in the future. Those Riviera rooms look amazing

Really? Not surprised? I'm really surprised CCV did not make it through at $143pp. Maybe it being a loaded contract hurt?

I believe dvcnews.com reported that CCV ROFR topped out at about $140pp in May, so $143pp might be a new high.

That's what's so great about this thread. Take a look at page 1. Highest reported here that has been taken this month is $147.5.

Thanks Pangyal for all you do!!!

Really? Not surprised? I'm really surprised CCV did not make it through at $143pp. Maybe it being a loaded contract hurt?

I believe dvcnews.com reported that CCV ROFR topped out at about $140pp in May, so $143pp might be a new high.
I read one or two weeks ago Disney took 147.50 and $150 so no surprised for this one.

Good point. My 2 kids are still small but will probably become an issue in the future. Those Riviera rooms look amazing
The rooms are amazing, we got to tour them this week. However the skyliner is not reliable due to high wind and lightning. It was shut down for hours during our trip this week and we had to cancel our Topolino’s reservation last minute. I was not happy.

JoeMonzo---$120-$24365-190-SSR-Feb-0/20, 29/21, 190/22, 190/23- sent 6/4, taken 6/24

Sadness. $120/pt seems like a new high for SSR. :(

Ugh, that stinks! Sorry for your loss.

I have to wonder if very low inventory on the resale market has made Disney more desperate, nudging their ROFR threshold higher for Saratoga.

Now I'm sweating the "should be safe" $123/pt contract I sent early this week... :scared:

It’s amazing what a good room refurb does. SSR seems to have leapfrogged AKV on cost per point. I expect the same again when AKV have their refurb in the next few years
Yeah, kind of crazy. Just two years ago we kind of felt like 2nd class DVC’ers buying SSR. Now we are in ROFR on AKV, so if your assertions are correct our timing for each will look pretty good in retrospect!

The rooms are amazing, we got to tour them this week. However the skyliner is not reliable due to high wind and lightning. It was shut down for hours during our trip this week and we had to cancel our Topolino’s reservation last minute. I was not happy.
Yeah, the skyliner is a wild card that keeps me from buying there. And the crazy points chart. And the high dues! I’d rather just stay there occasionally with my direct points than to own there. It’s gonna be awhile until Riviera sells out I think. DLT May sell out sooner at this rate.

LOVE THE AVATAR! I hadn't noticed it before. I've grown up with Rush and I'm happy to say I've seen every tour since 1976 except 1 (Hold Your Fire). Did you create that Avatar yourself? Here's hoping the AKV contract passes. We're in the closing stages of a BCV resale of 230 points!
That’s awesome, I’m jealous of that tour record! Yeah, I tried my skills at graphic design to make my Mickey Eared Starman.

Congrats on the BCV contract! We love that resort and have been lucky at 7 months getting in there every April for a week in a 1 BR. The kids love SAB! Just hoping Cape May returns to its former self soon!

Yeah, the skyliner is a wild card that keeps me from buying there. And the crazy points chart. And the high dues! I’d rather just stay there occasionally with my direct points than to own there. It’s gonna be awhile until Riviera sells out I think. DLT May sell out sooner at this rate.
Exactly my thought!

Apparently, DVC took several OKW 2042's today. I don't have any details other than my own...Post 2648. I think the positive for us is, there is no worry about the buyer backing out in November.

:crazy2:

Last edited:
Wow. I sent mine on 3/29 and passed on 4/21 for $112. Within 90 days prices are increasing so high.
Looking back at the Oct-Dec '20 and Jan-March '21 threads (links on pg 1), the highest SSR was $118 and that was a small loaded 75 pts. I'm learning something new every month. Namely, how quickly prices can shoot up.

GuitarCarl---$76-$5376-50-VB-Oct-0/20, 100/21, 50/22- sent 5/25
I can only assume Disney are sitting on this one waiting for a direct buyer, the title co have confirmed they’ve not heard back yet. Kind of assumed it would sail through as not many VB contracts have been bought back recently?

After having two taken at ROFR, and going back and forth on our plans for next year, I just decided to go for this one and offer full asking since it was a fair price considering what is on the market right now. So excited to FINALLY take our cancelled/rescheduled poly trip with points of our own! Disney decided to start taking poly contracts just in time to take my last one but pretty sure this one will pass =)

lovethesun12---$160-$17443-100-PVB-Mar-0/20, 94/21, 100/22, 100/23- sent 6/25

I can only assume Disney are sitting on this one waiting for a direct buyer, the title co have confirmed they’ve not heard back yet. Kind of assumed it would sail through as not many VB contracts have been bought back recently?
I just closed Monday on a 50 VBR @ 65PP. I've had contracts slow walked through ROFR. Don't give up yet!

I didn’t think Disney were buying back any Vero Beach contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter