ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
kms75---$170-$57161-325-VGC-Jun-0/17, 403/18, 325/19- sent 4/16
Good luck!
hoserland---$97-$16785-160-AKV-Dec-0/17, 160/18, 160/19-Split 2018 MFs- sent 3/27, taken 4/20

been lurking for the past month and with the recent news I wasn't too surpised
Sorry. Just submit another. Ironically, people seem to ultimately end up with a better deal when that happens.

I understand the feeling. I'm at day 35 and I found another contract that I will make a bid on if Disney takes this one. I'm really hopeful I will hear back today. I hope Disney waives the ROFR because I don't want to have to wait again. This has been a long 35 days.
Wow that's a long time for sure- I feel your pain!

Welp, I have migrated into the camp of Disney is going to eventually buy mine, and probably take close to the full 30 days to do so. I say this partly due to all the passed contracts that have taken way less time, and the fact that I really really need to close on something so I can book a trip in Jan. :/ I guess I'll start hunting for the next one in the meantime.

You have to give them notice at least 30 days before closing, but they actually have until closing to exercise the ROFR. However, I think most of the time they either waive or exercise the ROFR within 30 days. Not for us though.

Fidelity told me they usually get a lot of them on Fridays and Mondays so hopefully we will hear today.

Fidelity has been painfully slow for me throughout this whole process. Their title company has been so slow, too. :worried: Everything that has to go out to anywhere (ROFR, title company, etc) has taken several days to a week longer than it should’ve. Here’s my timeline so far:

Offer placed and accepted: 1/25
Signed contract: 1/26
Sent to Disney for ROFR: 2/2
Passed ROFR: 2/19
Closing docs received and returned: 4/11

And we still haven’t actually closed. I haven’t heard a response from the title Co or fidelity lately. Emailed the title Co on Tuesday and fidelity yesterday morning. I had heard fidelity would be “slower” but I didn’t expect to move this slow!

At least your alot closer to the end than a lot of the rest of us stuck in RoFR ...

I'm almost starting to double guess my 180 points decision... Maybe I should have found a 200 point contract... The mind starts to play games with you are you wait and search the web...

Thanks. I did ask them and they told me to just wait. If I don’t hear on Monday I will follow up again.

Um...no. It’s your decision, but I would tell them you want this followed up on. They’re not doing this for free, and they need to check at this point. Again, your decision, but I wouldn’t sit on it too long.

Fidelity has been painfully slow for me throughout this whole process. Their title company has been so slow, too. :worried: Everything that has to go out to anywhere (ROFR, title company, etc) has taken several days to a week longer than it should’ve. Here’s my timeline so far:

Offer placed and accepted: 1/25
Signed contract: 1/26
Sent to Disney for ROFR: 2/2
Passed ROFR: 2/19
Closing docs received and returned: 4/11

And we still haven’t actually closed. I haven’t heard a response from the title Co or fidelity lately. Emailed the title Co on Tuesday and fidelity yesterday morning. I had heard fidelity would be “slower” but I didn’t expect to move this slow!

Sorry for your delay...Which Title company is handling your contract? Not too sure how much of your delay is actually being caused by Fidelity as it looks like the delay might be in the hands of the Sellers/Title company. At this point I would suggesting not only emailing them daily but to also call them to get an update.

Updated :)!

I only skipped putting one on the list while we wait for the formatting to be fixed...if I missed anyone else, please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter