ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
($45.50-$9100-200-VWL-AUG-0/14, 0/15, 200/16, 200/17- sent March 3
Buyer pays 2016 maintenance and closing costs)
You can cancel this one. avoid JQ Travel and VP Title at all costs!
they list DVC contracts for sale that they dont even have sellers for. They give you a contract to sign with no DVC contract number and no sellers name listed, then say its for "privacy" reasons!
Im not sure what their game is but i've found multiple complaints from other timeshare buyers. I finally got a refund of my deposit from AMEX.

they list DVC contracts for sale that they dont even have sellers for. They give you a contract to sign with no DVC contract number and no sellers name listed, then say its for "privacy" reasons!
Im not sure what their game is but i've found multiple complaints from other timeshare buyers. I finally got a refund of my deposit from AMEX.
Sorry to hear about this very frustrating experience. Thanks for the warning and update!

Sorry to hear Italiananglo69. What a hassle.

That price is about half of what other resales go for! It seems like a scam, and even if legit I don't see Disney letting it pass ROFR. The whole situation seems odd...I wonder what they are up to as most outright scammers won't take payment with a credit card as it is easily reversible. The only thing I can think of is that they will at some point say that something happened with the Disney resale and try to sell you some different timeshare.

Last edited:
Kelly_3700---$79-$10080-120-SSR-JUN-0/15, 120/16, 120/17- sent 3/29

First time buyer, but after seeing several posts(here and other sites) don't know if I should be too hopeful or not!

Sorry this was not a legit listing. What a wonderful deal it would have been :(

First time buyer, but after seeing several posts(here and other sites) don't know if I should be too hopeful or not!
Good luck! Keep the faith... You never know.

79 for saratoga springs isn't crazy low. From the data in the posts here, it has about as good of a chance as any to go through. Good luck!
I'm waiting on my saratoga springs one, I'm on day 24 of rofr (mine was 300 ssr points @ 80 per point) and the wait is getting tough hahaha

Good luck! I'm thinking we should have offered lower! $87 seemed pretty low compared to what I was seeing! Wish I had seen this thread before!!

That price is about half of what other resales go for! It seems like a scam, and even if legit I don't see Disney letting it pass ROFR. The whole situation seems odd...I wonder what they are up to as most outright scammers won't take payment with a credit card as it is easily reversible. The only thing I can think of is that they will at some point say that something happened with the Disney resale and try to sell you some different timeshare.
I found tons of complaints for them outside of Ebay, apparently they manipulate the feedback on Ebay by buying and selling other nontimeshare items so they get a 5 star ranking.

Reading the below, does Disney look at the total price including interest when deciding whether or not to ROFR? I didn't realize that they take into consideration financing. That could bump up a base price considerably.
View attachment 163206

This is an interesting observation. I wonder how many of the contracts that are being taken are actually cash purchases and most of those being left are being financed. It doesn't make a lot of sense though since one could always include financing in the contract but just pay cash at closing or paying the note immediately. Of course you'd end up paying loan fees and stuff but it makes you wonder if it is a way to get through ROFR. That's the one statistic that isn't being tracked in these threads, financed or cash.

Q.
What is the right of first refusal?
A.
A right of first refusal (ROFR) allows Disney Vacation Club to become the buyer of your Membership on the same terms and conditions, including financing, as specified in your contract for sale.

This is an interesting observation. I wonder how many of the contracts that are being taken are actually cash purchases and most of those being left are being financed. It doesn't make a lot of sense though since one could always include financing in the contract but just pay cash at closing or paying the note immediately. Of course you'd end up paying loan fees and stuff but it makes you wonder if it is a way to get through ROFR. That's the one statistic that isn't being tracked in these threads, financed or cash.

Q.
What is the right of first refusal?
A.
A right of first refusal (ROFR) allows Disney Vacation Club to become the buyer of your Membership on the same terms and conditions, including financing, as specified in your contract for sale.
Exactly...

Pangyal - Would it be of interest to include whether or not the contract includes financing? If so - % financed, terms & interest rate? Wondering if financing plays a part in the ROFR decision (see my earlier post). Hmmmmmm... :scratchin

Pangyal - Would it be of interest to include whether or not the contract includes financing? If so - % financed, terms & interest rate? Wondering if financing plays a part in the ROFR decision (see my earlier post). Hmmmmmm... :scratchin

I would think it would only be relevant to ROFR if there was seller financing. Disney can't step into your shoes as to a third-party financing source. People finance through third parties, of course, but how often does the seller get something other than cash?

I would think it would only be relevant to ROFR if there was seller financing. Disney can't step into your shoes as to a third-party financing source. People finance through third parties, of course, but how often does the seller get something other than cash?
If the seller was financing for the buyer... I see. I didn't even consider that as an option. Thank you, Griswel.

gr8tdame---$90-$12,543.50-125-AKV-AUG 40/14, 125/15, 125/16- sent 3/24- passed Apr20

Yahoooo.........my AKV contract passed ..just got the news. I am going to be a DVC member.
Congrats! Now the wait for closing, and member number, almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

facebook twitter