Rode Tower of Terror today, and ... it is less thrilling/LAME???

personally i am a huge fan of the long drops. the added thrill is in the suspense with the shaking, waiting and then Drop! when the drops and rises get into the yo-yo effect, it takes away from the suspense build. I wish they would come up with more sequences that play more on your emotions rather than bounce you like a yo-yo.

Sorry you didn't enjoy. It's good to hear they are trying new things with this attraction, though. Maybe they will iron it out soon due to feedback. Hopefully we'll be back on it in a couple of years when the kiddos are old enough to brave it.

I rode it for the first time in June and also wasn't impressed. I'd have been ticked if I didn't have FPs and had to wait 60 minutes in standbye. The best part of the ride was the que, inside the hotel.

I didn't get that "OMG, Holy ...." feeling I get before going downhill on roller coasters. I think it's because you're in darkness and just when you start to feel something, the drop is over.

I do think the premise behind it is very cool and was expecting a much better ride.

Did you notice the car load of people that disappeared in front of you was you and the people you were riding with? Or how about the voices at the top of the tower? There are so many details that only Disney does. Plus we dropped about 5 times just a few weeks ago. Still one of our favs! :thumbsup2

Sorry you didn't like it. I can't wait to ride it in three weeks. We don't get to DisneyWorld too often and we enjoyed it last time (5 years ago!). We like the whole theming of TOT.

I rode it twice a couple of weeks ago. The first time was a little tamer than the second, but overall both drops felt pretty big, and I loved it! Of course, I had never been on the ride before.

I agree TOT is our favorite ride but it may not be for everyone. I am sure there is a ride @ Disney for everyone. I will not get a chance to ride the new sequence as we do not arrive until after it ends.

Do you mean this is a temporary sequence change?

My fave drop was a 3/4 height fast drop, with a slow decent which made me think that was all there was, when all of a sudden it shot ALL the way back to the top, and then dropped again.

surprised the poop out of me!

My fave drop was a 3/4 height fast drop, with a slow decent which made me think that was all there was, when all of a sudden it shot ALL the way back to the top, and then dropped again.

surprised the poop out of me!

That one really got me as well. I thought it was all done and breathed a sigh of relief only to have it done all over again.

One less person to stand in line. The line just keeps getting shorter.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My family and I love the ride because they have random drop sequences. I think that the Tower of Terror is NOT LAME.

I'm going to read ONLY the original post to this thread in a devious attempt to "trick" DH into riding :lmao: He loves twilight zone but doesn't like coasters &/or drops so if he thinks it's lame, maybe he'll give it a go this trip :rotfl:

Disney just isn't the place to go if you want to get your thrill-ride on---it's not their market. Tower is fun, and a nice ride, but any of the "regular" drop towers (like this or this) will give you a bigger adrenaline rush---partly because you have a better visual frame of reference for just how much doom you've bought yourself.

If you find yourself in Central Florida, and *really* want to get a thrill, ride SheiKra, front row, far seat. I haven't been on that one yet, but I did ride its cousin in Williamsburg. Good times.

Please tell me they still have the false drops! The thing that sold me on the Tower of Terror was when we slid out into the elevator shaft, dropped, thought we were at the bottom and about to go up, but instead dropped again. Then we shot way to the top, and it was freaking awesome. Of course then the ride stopped and we had to sit there waiting for a maintenance guy to show up...

It's interesting how the same ride can have different effects on everyone. I rode Expedition Everest and was fine...Mission Space...no problem...Tower of Terror..I didn't feel "right" afterwards. I couldn't explain it...I wasn't sick or nauseous (in fact we had dinner right afterwards)...I just didn't feel the same. I told DH that I felt like one of my internal organs moved and was in a different place now...just not "right." I think it's b/c it's in the dark since I've ridden free fall rides before and was fine.
:rotfl2: :worship: :rotfl2: :worship:

Please tell me they still have the false drops! The thing that sold me on the Tower of Terror was when we slid out into the elevator shaft, dropped, thought we were at the bottom and about to go up, but instead dropped again. Then we shot way to the top, and it was freaking awesome. Of course then the ride stopped and we had to sit there waiting for a maintenance guy to show up...

They used to do that. I have to agree with the OP. This time it was NOT like that. IT was kinda lame in my opinion as well as my husband's. I have gone on this MANY TIMES. This was my 17th trip to WDW..... so it was something I was looking forward to riding since they had apparently changed it so to speak. I wanted to experience the new changes. It was not what any of us expected. It is not like we won't ride it again...it was just NOT scary this time. TOT is not my fave ride....scares me..but I do it every other trip probably. It was not as scary to me this time. The drops were not near as far at a time.

So funny you posted this, in March I thought there were more short drops and less top to botton drops! I actually thought it was very tame!
:thumbsup2 Yes exactly!!! Glad to see I am not crazy.

Did you notice the car load of people that disappeared in front of you was you and the people you were riding with? Or how about the voices at the top of the tower? There are so many details that only Disney does. Plus we dropped about 5 times just a few weeks ago. Still one of our favs! :thumbsup2

Woah! Calm down people! :scared1: I am not knocking the details of Disney, and the new special effects were very cool:thumbsup2. If Disney didn't spend so much time on the small details it wouldn't be Disney. I have been going to Disney since I was 2 and am now almost 20 and all I am saying is that tot was not as "thrilling" as it has been in the past. My mom has never liked tot because it scares the heck out of her. She rides it like every other trip because of this and rode it yesterday and was surprised at how tame it was. I remember the long top to bottom drops or "pulls, falls" or whatever dynamics you are describing. There seemed to be none of these drops. Just didn't seem to be the tot I remember it to be. :confused3

Lets all play nice now :littleangel:

I hate drops and I don't care if it's 2 stories or 10 or whatever. The theming of this ride is what makes it special IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter