Road Warrior Poll: How far did you drive to get to Disneyworld/Disneyland last trip?

How many miles did you drive (one way) to get there?

• 0-50

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • >50

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • >150

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • >500

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • >1000

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • >2000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
About 1300 US Miles. Just long enough to go from "What the h--l is BUCK-EE's"? on the way down, to actually stopping for gas and a browse on the drive home!

We are between 1300 and 1400 from the Toronto, Canada area or between 2100 and 2300 KM...lol depends on which way around Lake Erie we want to go.
Always drive straight thru and always between 22 and 24 hours. That is with stops and a 2 hour power nap since I am the only driver. But I like it that way.
Have no issue driving. Last time I drove solo and loaded wife and 2 daughters up on a plane. Peace and quiet drive, had all our luggage and my clubs. Went early and played a couple of rounds before they landed. Customs had a hard time with 3 ladies travelling with no luggage, not even carry on.....lol.
Brilliant! I love this idea!!!

Last trip was an add-on from a trip to Florida panhandle so just over 400 miles. From home it is around 1100 miles.

about 20 miles...Taking the cat to the vet for a dental on 9/13, so spending the day at EPCOT & DHS while he's getting his teeth cleaned!

I have to say we do catch up on a lot of things when traveling this way but I really don't like that drive from MD thru VA very much. There are always road accidents which equal delays. This past Spring we sat in traffic for 3 hours just north of Baltimore. I always cross my fingers and offer up a little prayer going through there.
Our trip is around 940 miles coming from the Baltimore suburbs and we make the trip generally twice a year now. Our best time was 13 1/2 hours when we left at around 2am. We stopped and picked up a couple grocery items and were checked in having cocktails at Stormalong Bay at Y&B by 5 pm. We started driving several years ago when DD was looking at colleges and we liked the flexibility of being on our own schedule and being able to bring a few comforts from home so unless I am just doing a long weekend with friends we drive. We both drive so that helps. We feel your pain with regards to the stretch on 95 between DC and Richmond. We have learned the best way to avoid that is to do that stretch super early. Our goal is to hit the NC line by 6 am avoiding rush hour in all the metro areas in MD and VA. We still haven’t figured out a way to avoid the traffic in that area when heading north other than to spend a night south of Richmond and hit it early in the morning again but by time we get there we see the light at the end of the tunnel and just want to get home so we never do.

Our last trip we actually left MD at rush hour, knowing we would hit traffic, but trying to get some of the miles behind us to break up the trip. We made it to the half way point (Florence SC) by about 1:15 am and checked into a hotel but we were so wound up from the trip we didn’t really sleep so we don’t know if we will try that strategy again. We have a trip coming up in October and are still trying to decide which way to go.

1,050 miles from Lehigh Valley PA. Takes 15 hours give or take. Usually leave around 2-3am and get there around 6pm. We always drive straight through and always use the express lanes when available.
That's some good Road Warrior-ing! My days of driving that far in one day are behind me.

Our trip is around 940 miles coming from the Baltimore suburbs and we make the trip generally twice a year now. Our best time was 13 1/2 hours when we left at around 2am. We stopped and picked up a couple grocery items and were checked in having cocktails at Stormalong Bay at Y&B by 5 pm. We started driving several years ago when DD was looking at colleges and we liked the flexibility of being on our own schedule and being able to bring a few comforts from home so unless I am just doing a long weekend with friends we drive. We both drive so that helps. We feel your pain with regards to the stretch on 95 between DC and Richmond. We have learned the best way to avoid that is to do that stretch super early. Our goal is to hit the NC line by 6 am avoiding rush hour in all the metro areas in MD and VA. We still haven’t figured out a way to avoid the traffic in that area when heading north other than to spend a night south of Richmond and hit it early in the morning again but by time we get there we see the light at the end of the tunnel and just want to get home so we never do.

Our last trip we actually left MD at rush hour, knowing we would hit traffic, but trying to get some of the miles behind us to break up the trip. We made it to the half way point (Florence SC) by about 1:15 am and checked into a hotel but we were so wound up from the trip we didn’t really sleep so we don’t know if we will try that strategy again. We have a trip coming up in October and are still trying to decide which way to go.
There is no good time on 95 between Richmond and DC. It's always a mess. Either it's traffic, construction, or accidents or any combination of the 3! We usually leave MD around 5am and get to Brunswick GA mid to late afternoon which seems to work for us. Next day, we pull into WDW around noon or 1.

We've also thought about staying a night somewhere before hitting Richmond and DC but never have. Now, we just make sure we stop at a rest stop and get food before hitting Richmond. So we sit and eat in the car while sitting in standstill traffic!

No road warrior here! We drive about 15 miles to the airport. We have driven twice to Florida and, nope, done with that (hopefully).

While flying is better. I looked for a trip we have coming up. It's $750 for the 3 of us to fly BHM-MCO. Also, there is a 1-hour drive to the airport. Parking would also have to be factored in.

Or, we could drive the 8 1/2 to 9 hours and pay about $200 in gas...
I’m in BHM too and we will fly if we get a good enough price which is about half the time. Door to door from my house to the hotel really isn’t even that much faster to fly vs drive unless we’re unlucky with traffic. If we leave the house at 6am for a 830 am flight, we’ll be at the hotel around noon Orlando time, vs 330 or 4.

Last time we drove it was 9.5 hours each way, $12 in tolls and $73 in Tesla supercharger costs (total). I’d drive every time if it were up to me, even though the car rarely moves for a week while we’re on property. We are going in 2 weeks and flying since we’re taking my son, DIL and granddaughter.

Roll Tide!

750 miles and I usually leave about 4 ~ 5 pm. Driving through the night is more relaxing. I'll probably hit a rest area in Florida and snooze for an hour or two. I've been doing this for over 20 years and pretty much have it down pat. The really nice thing is that it's been a company vehicle the whole time so my travel cost is essentially food on the road.

It's about 900 miles for us from just south of Baltimore.

I DESPISE Northern VA driving any time of day, so I usually insist on going 3/301 South across the Nice bridge whenever possible.

We've done the drive a few times over the years, with kids and this last time (March 2023) just two adults. We've done a 4am leave time many times but this time we decided to do a late morning departure, just past morning rush hour and on a Tuesday. We crossed into NC around 2pm and FL border around 10pm. We didn't book a hotel for Tues, waiting to see how far we would get, and last minute we booked a room in Daytona Beach for that night, having never been there. It was nice. We did stop at BUC-EES also for the first time on the trip down, and also on the return trip.

For the return trip, I was DETERMINED that my SUV (Toyota Highlander) would get us to BUC-EES as our first stop. We filled up at the Speedway outside MK and we stopped at BUC-EES for gas and another visit. This time was much more chaotic than our stop on the way south. From there that tank of gas got me back home to Maryland.

No plans to drive again anytime soon, but it's never out of the question. We've had weekend where we've said "nothing to do...let just go to FL" but have yet to do that...and I say YET because it could happen.

There is no good time on 95 between Richmond and DC. It's always a mess. Either it's traffic, construction, or accidents or any combination of the 3! We usually leave MD around 5am and get to Brunswick GA mid to late afternoon which seems to work for us. Next day, we pull into WDW around noon or 1.

We've also thought about staying a night somewhere before hitting Richmond and DC but never have. Now, we just make sure we stop at a rest stop and get food before hitting Richmond. So we sit and eat in the car while sitting in standstill traffic!

Agreed about that drive! Our trips we've done more often than not the same thing...leave extra early and get into FL around dinnertime or leave extra early and do a stop in the GA area.

We drive from Tuscaloosa, AL and it's about 580 miles. Takes us about 9.5 - 10 hours. We fly sometimes too but it takes about five hours by the time we leave the house to drive to the airport, and hour and a half flight, and then drive from the airport to WDW.

We drive from Tuscaloosa, AL and it's about 580 miles. Takes us about 9.5 - 10 hours. We fly sometimes too but it takes about five hours by the time we leave the house to drive to the airport, and hour and a half flight, and then drive from the airport to WDW.
Howdy Neighbor!

Not a WDW trip, but stopping to charge up at a Buc-ee's next to Texas Motor Speedway, I got to see Mr. Buc-ee himself. DW will do photos with me with all the Disney characters, but not Buc-ee; she's the one taking this picture.
IMG_7503.jpeg

It's 905 miles from our northern house to our Kissimmee house. We drive it, round trip, 3 times a year. Ugh!

My drive is 1288 or so, and planning another one for Spring.
I do 800 miles from Rochester NY to Columbia SC, then the remaining 500 on day 2 for arrival around 12 or 1.

I love to have my car but only do this for a 2 week trip given the loss of 3-4 days travel time. Plus gas, food and hotel compared to flying is an easy call - flying is cheaper. But then I have to uber for groceries and have to rent a car for any offsite side trips. Renting a car for the whole trip is crazy expensive. I have a trip in December and have made a car rental reservation on the new Turo car-share service. Crossing my fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter