Riviera Opening Fall 2019, Guesstimate for cash booking open date?

infobahn

Mouseketeer
Based on other DVC resorts anyone venture a guess when Disney will open up cash bookings for the rooms at Riviera? I am assuming the first few months will be entirely cash bookings or points from other resorts.

We are looking to go in October 2019, and we would like to stay there before or as part of a purchase there. I've called reservations, but they didn't know and told me to keep calling. I am guessing the resort will be in operations on or before October 2019, so 6 or 9 months out for ressies?

They won't open the bookings until they have a firm, announced open date. They will probably declare 20-25% to the association for points sales and booking, and the remainder will be builder inventory on cash.

I wouldn't expect firm dates until March or later.

I don't remember dates or details, but it seems that for CCV (and maybe VGF and Poly too?) they announced when sales would begin and at the same time announced a phased-in reservation schedule - purchasers at the new resort had a "head start" on making reservations - an advance reservation window of some length of time before owners at other DVC resorts could make reservations.

If you search this board and/or DVC News you could probably find those threads - CCV just opened in 2017, right?

I am going beginning of September. I would have booked if open. Im looking forward to seeing the new resort.

I’m going mid October. Already have reservations at Poly and BLT. Would like to change at least one of them to Riviera. Would like to buy Riviera, if the price is ‘reasonable.’

By the way, this has nothing to do with the Riviera, but I am currently at Disneyland. And I can tell you that Villas at Grand Californian is an amazing place. I fell in love with Grand Californian on previous trips. It is my second favorite resort. I just think it is so beautiful and a very well done Resort.

I’m going mid October. Already have reservations at Poly and BLT. Would like to change at least one of them to Riviera. Would like to buy Riviera, if the price is ‘reasonable.’

By the way, this has nothing to do with the Riviera, but I am currently at Disneyland. And I can tell you that Villas at Grand Californian is an amazing place. I fell in love with Grand Californian on previous trips. It is my second favorite resort. I just think it is so beautiful and a very well done Resort.

We are in AZ and have stayed at the GC, and love the convenience. When you have a park view room, you really have a park room view. Our plans are the same, mid October 2019 wanting to stay at the Riviera with plans, most likely, to buy in. I haven't booked anything, yet, for that time period.

You might want to look at booking now, depending on what you’re looking for. Right now at 11 months out, there are no standard view studios available at Baylake tower or boardwalk villas. Every morning whatever becomes available disappears within seconds. If you want to stay somewhere else or are looking for something other than standard view studios then you probably will have more luck.

We stayed at Copper Creek in November 2017 at a very big discount and there seemed to be a lot of rooms available last minute. We booked 30 days out and got a studio for 30% off. CCV of course opened in July of 2019. By next year it was impossible to get a room there after 11 months.

We're planning a stay at WDW in early December. I have the BWV reserved but would love to try out the Riviera. I'm going to keep a close eye on things and hopefully I can get something there.

So now that Disney has made sure that the resale of Riviera will be worthless, is anyone seriously still considering purchasing here?

Nope. The resale restriction plus other recent DVC news has pretty much assured I’ll never buy. It’d be several years before I’d be in a position to do it without financing and I figured if Riviera turned out nice it might be a good resale buy. Not a chance if I can’t stay anywhere else. RunDisney and Food & Wine are my big draws to Disney and also popular DVC times. What if my resort is sold out, I’m SOL.

We stayed at Copper Creek in November 2017 at a very big discount and there seemed to be a lot of rooms available last minute. We booked 30 days out and got a studio for 30% off. CCV of course opened in July of 2019. By next year it was impossible to get a room there after 11 months.

What were the conditions for the discounted room at CCV? Asking on the chance they might have something similar with Riveara when it first opens...

What were the conditions for the discounted room at CCV? Asking on the chance they might have something similar with Riveara when it first opens...

No conditions. Just the normal end of year room and package discounts. It just happened that there was plenty of availability at CCV at that time. I can only guess because it was new at the time and still had a very large amount of cash rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter