Riviera murphy bed fell off of the wall

The problem will be quickly rectified. The beds are big enough for an adult,I have slept on the one at VGF, they aren't the little couches that are in some of the resort hotels.

If I had bought very expensive DVC points for a room that claimed to sleep 5 adults and the 5th was told to sleep on an airbed in the opening week, I think I might be suffering buyer remorse and asking for a total refund of the points purchase.

Is there that much difference than a thin twin mattress?

The one post I read from someone said they were given an air mattress for the night. Then maintenance came in and "secured" it the next day.
If I was paying those prices and had to deal with an air mattress I would certainly want a discount on my room too. What a pain.
Actually, I’d want them to find me a room with a real bed, if I’d wanted to go camping I would have been over at FW sleeping in a tent.
There are two problems w/ air mattresses, one they aren’t comfortable to sleep on, two they are very close to the ground & tough to get in and out of - especially if the floor is a hard surface. I know because I very recently slept on one for several nights while waiting for delivery of the bed & mattress in the second home I just bought, IME it’s actually easier on your body to get up from an air mattress when camping because the dirt under the tent is softer than a hardwood floor.

If I had bought very expensive DVC points for a room that claimed to sleep 5 adults and the 5th was told to sleep on an airbed in the opening week, I think I might be suffering buyer remorse and asking for a total refund of the points purchase.

Maybe the points refunded for that night, sure, but not voiding your contract. It's just a maintenance issue that will be fixed quickly.

At a riviera in a studio now, no sign or notice about Murphy beds. Checked in today. Have to say though, no desire at all to add on here.

Checked in yesterday and love the resort!! and the rooms!! So glad that we bought points here!

I mentioned the bed issue when checking in, we are in a 2 bedroom lock-off, and she said that the problem has been fixed and is an issue no longer.

tell us more about what makes you say that.

I think they’re still working out some kinks. Magic bands won’t open pool fence or gym, skyliner isn’t running until after parks open, bus times won’t update on signs or app, etc. We typically use the quick service at the resort and this one wasn't open for breakfast, and the lunch choices were okay but limited and overpriced (even for Disney). The bathroom layout of the studios is terrible— a bathtub and a stand-alone shower but only one sink. Overall, we feel like it’s not very Disney feeling. More like a Hyatt, but at Disney deluxe prices. We love DVC, and I’m happy to pay for WL, BC, AKL, and the like, but Riviera just doesn’t have the DVC feel for us. That’s okay, different strokes for different folks, but at soon to be $195 a point, I hope new folks rent first and try it out before jumping in.

Huh. That’s strange about Primo Piatto (the QS restaurant) not being open for breakfast while you were staying at Riviera. I’ve read multiple reviews of people eating breakfast there. Here is one:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...unch-at-disneys-riviera-resorts-primo-piatto/
The MBs not working is an issue that plagues me every time I go to WDW. We don’t know why. It stinks that they aren’t working for anyone right now at certain facilities.

I am in the camp of people who like more understated Disney theming. The resorts where I own are exactly that. I agree that this resort has Disney touches but isn’t over the top. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

MK and HS opened at 7, tried to get breakfast at Primo at 630 and it was closed.

I don’t mind understated theming at all, I just still want the Disney feel. :) definitely won’t ruin our trip, we are having a great time and come often enough to know sometimes we have to make our own magic more than other times.

MK and HS opened at 7, tried to get breakfast at Primo at 630 and it was closed.

I don’t mind understated theming at all, I just still want the Disney feel. :) definitely won’t ruin our trip, we are having a great time and come often enough to know sometimes we have to make our own magic more than other times.

Wow! I can’t believe the restaurant doesn't open significantly earlier than the parks. It opened at 6:30am today, but that would be really tight to make it to any park with a 7am opening/close to impossible. Please leave feedback with them if you have time. I’ve seen others discussing the Skyliner not running earlier either. That’s frustrating. Again, PLEASE tell Disney about this. That definitely seems like 2 specific areas where they need to improve. Thanks for sharing so when the rest of us go we know what to expect. :)

At a riviera in a studio now, no sign or notice about Murphy beds. Checked in today. Have to say though, no desire at all to add on here.

Do you have a deluxe studio with a single pull down bed or tower studio without one?

Also I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to add on there. Most resorts have kinks to work out as any hotel anywhere in the world but is it because of the bed incident or does the style of the resort or location not work for you? Hope you enjoy your stay though!

Adults have used them in all the other resorts for a couple years now and have we ever heard of this happening before? My twin DDs-20 (5' 9") use them with no problem. I think this one didn't get installed correctly or maybe it's a scammer situation where someone jumped on it or something to have this happen (I doubt that but never say never).

Thing is on opening night you should be able to have a whole family jump on it without it collapsing. I know people disagree and think you can just smack a 200 lb limit on it.

This is Disney and this should have been over engineered. This is likely something I would install in a office for an extra bed when we have guests.

They need to post weight limits on each murphy bed, especially if they are all cantilevered. It looks like some have a support under the bed that others don't have.

There shouldn't be weight limits is my thing.

Could opinions posted hours apart be any more opposite...

Checked in yesterday and love the resort!! and the rooms!! So glad that we bought points here!

Well at least we can all agree with this...

... That’s okay, different strokes for different folks,...

I just got off the phone with a CM regarding our upcoming reservation for 5 in a 1-bedroom. She said the murphy bed problems only affected deluxe studios . . . ? Is is possible this contractor only installed these units in the studios and not in any other room categories? I'm really concerned about anyone sleeping on the pull-down, but I suppose if we show up and the "do not use this bed" sign is down it means they inspected it? ugh.

It’s a different Murphy bed in the 1 bedrooms. They have support legs. They were scratching up the floor in the model room.

Do you have a deluxe studio with a single pull down bed or tower studio without one?

Also I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to add on there. Most resorts have kinks to work out as any hotel anywhere in the world but is it because of the bed incident or does the style of the resort or location not work for you? Hope you enjoy your stay though!
Deluxe studio with Murphy bed and day bed.

I love a good Hyatt Resort, and that’s what this feels like to me. It doesn’t feel like DVC to me, so I wouldn’t want to pay DVC pricing for it. We’ve stayed at every wdw DVC except GF, and Riviera just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t like the bathroom configuration, with 3 guys and me, I want my own sink. :). And while the location is convenient, I prefer beach and boardwalk in similar location but with more Disney feel/atmosphere. That’s all. Glad there are some who love RR, I’m just not among them. I hope they all stay at their home Resort often so I can enjoy the other DVCs that are more to my taste.

Last edited:
Maybe the points refunded for that night, sure, but not voiding your contract. It's just a maintenance issue that will be fixed quickly.
No. I don't think it is a maintenance issue if all rooms are being limited in occupancy. If on day 2 of opening, a majority if rooms are not capable of meting the occupancy pledge, the contracted obligation is not being met.

facebook twitter