• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Premium - Experiences

Just returned Saturday and did the River Belle Premium Dining on Wednesday 8/24.

PROs: View was nice - in that it was great to be removed from the very dense crowds.
The view wasn't direct (there was a pole and a tree) but we could see what was going on.
There was plenty of spacing between tables.
Servers were super attentive and kind.

MEHs: Food was not anything approaching wonderful.
We liked the scallops, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. Kid 1 liked the mac n cheese, kid 2 said the tofu was too spicy.
I could not eat the steak. It was very fatty and tasteless, unfortunately.
Appetizers were beans and rice (pretty good) and a tater tot thing with... a lot going on. My husband was nice about it since this dinner was a "family surprise" from me, but I could tell that he did not like it.
The desserts: kids pudding was good, but the chocolate dome just didn't do it for us.
Bathrooms: if you have kids gorging themselves on lemonade, the bathrooms start to feel a long way away :)

Overall, it was a fun experience. Was it worth almost $300? Of course not. Many of us lose our minds a little in Disneyland and I was no exception. We won't do this one again, but it was worth the one-time experience for us.

I understand it's hard to tell from this angle but this was my view. I've seen fantasmic at least 10 times with Blue Bayou and recently hungry bear package a few months ago, so I wasn't missing anything. Still even if it was my first time , I'd say the view is solid but my favorite is still on the ground in front of the railing.

Tables are pre assigned , it had my name placard on the table already. I've heard that these are assigned based on when the reservation was made but cannot confirm that to be true. I didn't ask about ordering off the normal menu but wish I had!

Attachments

• 20220830_190401.jpg
    20220830_190401.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220830_211537.jpg
    20220830_211537.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220830_212912.jpg
    20220830_212912.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 30
Sorry to hear about your experience. That is definitely not a steak. They did this a few years back at BB, the menu said New York strip, but it was really prime rib. The maleficent dessert you were expecting is the precovid option. Since reopening, it's been the fruity pebble dome.

Oh I didn't even think about that on the dessert, so thanks for letting me know !
I'm usually on top of these things but wanted to be surprised..and that was smy fault lol. But regardless the dessert was terrible, the flavors totally clashed and the sauce wasn't nearly warm enough to "break" the shell.

But yeah the "steak" was definitely a joke.
I do understand and go in knowing the food is more a bonus as I'm paying for the convenience and seat but definitely a one and done for now sadly.

Anyone able to confirm that bookings for this are actually 60 days out right now? I haven’t seen any availability for Oct 21st or 22nd or 28th or 29th… but other restaurants (and normal table service at River Belle) has shown that far out… I assume I’ve just missed it?

It has be
Anyone able to confirm that bookings for this are actually 60 days out right now? I haven’t seen any availability for Oct 21st or 22nd or 28th or 29th… but other restaurants (and normal table service at River Belle) has shown that far out… I assume I’ve just missed it?
It has been from what I've heard but with Disneyland everything is a crapshoot. However I will say people overall report that the website loads reservations up to 10 minutes early and that's where most have the best luck.

Yes - booking for the premium dining is loading at 60 days out, at least up until your first set of dates. I got one on the 21st and it was on there for the 22nd and 23rd.

My family really wanted the River Belle Terrace premium Fantasmic package. We were unable to book it for the date we needed but we were able to get a regular dining reservation at 7:50pm. We have never eaten at River Belle Terrace and are wondering how this will work since our reservation time may run into Fantasmic's start time. Will we be seated in an area where we can't see Fantasmic? We are hoping we may be able to upgrade to the premium package when we get there, we will ask but we are not counting on it.

My family really wanted the River Belle Terrace premium Fantasmic package. We were unable to book it for the date we needed but we were able to get a regular dining reservation at 7:50pm. We have never eaten at River Belle Terrace and are wondering how this will work since our reservation time may run into Fantasmic's start time. Will we be seated in an area where we can't see Fantasmic? We are hoping we may be able to upgrade to the premium package when we get there, we will ask but we are not counting on it.

My understanding is that you will likely be seated indoors and that you will request the second show.

Stef, would you be willing to share any updates on this? How did this work out for you? What happened? I ask because I am going to try the same thing (go to a "regular" reservation at RB and ask if I can upgrade to the Premium at that time) if I cannot get the Premium package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter