rides!!

Did you just modify this thread from the question about wheel chair accessible rides? I just sent you a PM about it.

yes i changed it by accident. you see, i wanted to add this thing about diabetes at the bottem, but by accident i deleted the rest of the post.

Princess**PoohGal said:
can diabetics go on all rides??

Well you might want to skip the all you can eat sweets ride in France but other then that.... :rotfl2: Sorry couldn't resist.

My ex-wife was a type 1 diabetic from 2 years old on and we went to WDW many times. She never had any problems with any of the rides. I can't think of any physical limitations that might occur with diabeties that would affect your ability to enjoy any ride at WDW.

So go and ride them all, have fun and enjoy your trip.

Princess**PoohGal said:
yes i changed it by accident. you see, i wanted to add this thing about diabetes at the bottem, but by accident i deleted the rest of the post.

Oh okay...I thought I was losing my mind there for a minute!!! :earboy2:

I don't recall any of the warning signs specifically prohibiting diabetics from riding.

Since I am a person with an anxiety based mental illness, when I see "nervous conditions" mentioned on a ride I've never ridden I always ask a CM. Is it loud, fast, spinning, dark, closed in, stuffy, gory images... what is likely to bother those with "nervous conditions"? :sad2:

While spinning, stuffy and unexpected loudness could send me to first aid, I love most of the wilder Disney rides. For someone else it may be dark and gory which does them in.

If you have any questions about a ride, ask a cast member. They explained to me that Star Tours is actually a motion simulator which never moves more than a few feet in any direction and I have been able to enjoy it ever since. On Soarin over California, I was shown to the seat on the far end of the bottom row, where I could fix my vision on the side wall if I got scared. The 3rd time I rode, I chose the center seat on the top row and kept my eyes open.

For me, Disney has been a place to start to conquer some real world fears. :earsgirl:

I have been diabetic for 30 years and I used to go on all the rides. I no longer do but it has nothing to do with my diabetes.

I ride just about anything. If I can get to it, I might disconnect my insulin pump, just in case. Theoretically, magnets could affect it. Otherwise, I hang on and have fun. My pump did hop out of my pocket on a coaster once, and my dd thought it was funny. Wouldn't have been too funny if I'd disconnected it that time and it had landed on the ground somewhere. . .

Anita

Diabetes itself won't prohibit you from riding any of the rides. However, always keep an eye on blood sugar levels. If you're on the verge of an insulin reaction, it's better to sit down and eat a snack than to feel miserable during the actual ride. Pay attention to how you (or the diabetic you're with) are feeling. Don't try to squeeze in one more ride if you think your blood sugar may be dropping. Check your blood sugar levels more often, if you can. All of that walking can really affect your sugar levels.

Good point about insulin pumps, Anita! I always check to make sure mine is securely clipped inside my pocket before getting on a wild ride. I take it completely off for the Kali River Rapids ride... I just don't want to risk it getting too wet. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter