Rides breaking down at alarming rate

Also had a couple of issues with general service, as usual most of the CM’s are absolutely amazing and really go the extra mile to make you smile and remember why we love Disney so much but it really magnifies the issue with CM’s who really dont seem to care or even attempt to help!
We had a major issue with the MDE app, 5 daus into our vacation the App began to just close every time we opened it (both of our phones affected), we called technical assistance 4 times, 2 said they couldnt help as we were connected to Disney Wifi and beyond that it wasnt down to them, 3rd call the chap said it was a know issue with UK phones (a complete lie as we were using Wifi not our roaming date) 4th gentleman was wonderful and kept us on phone for 30mins and fully resolved the ossue (was a ghost account on MDE from years ago that we couldnt see) we gave a staff compliment but the 2 days we had no app to use we missed a GOTG virtual queue at Epcot and were also unable to amend a couple of ADR’s we needed to (we missed our Le Cellier ADR by 3 minutes and it was cancelled, we still got in to eat but had to wait 45mins.

Universal is having the same issue, I was there a couple of weeks about and 6 of the rides were about to go on broke down(1 while we were on it), MIB, Spider-Man, Kong, Rip-ride, Hagrid and one of the Harry Potter rides went down but we weren't going on it. This was in a span of 3 days. We were stuck on MIB for around 20 minutes, they turned the lights on so we got to see everything which was kind of cool. The guns were still working and I still couldn't get to 999,999, I was at 850,000 😭😭😭.

Universal is having the same issue, I was there a couple of weeks about and 6 of the rides were about to go on broke down(1 while we were on it), MIB, Spider-Man, Kong, Rip-ride, Hagrid and one of the Harry Potter rides went down but we weren't going on it. This was in a span of 3 days. We were stuck on MIB for around 20 minutes, they turned the lights on so we got to see everything which was kind of cool. The guns were still working and I still couldn't get to 999,999, I was at 850,000 😭😭😭.
Jurassic Park River Adventure goes down every single time I'm at IoA and when you do get to ride it, many of the animatronics don't work. Funny how the two dinosaur themed dark rides in Orlando have animatronics that are busted. Dudley Do Right also needs a massive amount of TLC as both the queue and ride look extremely old and kind of gross.

Hagrid's goes half the time I'm in line and it has gotten to a point where the woman announcer's voice on the ride makes my heart stop as that's when they announce "a delay in today's lesson" 😭

I will be buying an ILL for Rise just because of the breakdown issues. This is a must do for my husband.

We got at least 27 redemption passes (3 people, 3 breakdowns over 3 days) from Mickey and Minnie’s RR in DHS. It was awesome! We used the passes to ride Toy Story and Rockin Rollercoaster over and over. We just kept re-booking the ride and it would inevitably break down.

It was so comical we started calling Mickey and Minnie’s RR the fast pass generator. We finally rode it on our last night/ last ride. Couldn’t believe it was up and running.

We got at least 27 redemption passes (3 people, 3 breakdowns over 3 days) from Mickey and Minnie’s RR in DHS. It was awesome! We used the passes to ride Toy Story and Rockin Rollercoaster over and over. We just kept re-booking the ride and it would inevitably break down.

It was so comical we started calling Mickey and Minnie’s RR the fast pass generator. We finally rode it on our last night/ last ride. Couldn’t believe it was up and running.
Holy crap! Didn't know it broke down that often.

While I was there:

Saturday HS - Slinky was down at opening and stayed down most of the morning. R&R went down as I was standing in the chute to board - got a LL for return but for R&R only. It stayed down for a couple of hours but I'm not sure how long.

Sunday EP - I think Remy was down at opening but I wasn't trying for Remy, just saw it on the app. No idea how long it was down. Frozen also went down but again, I wasn't trying so I didn't pay much attention.

Monday MK - 7 dwarves down at opening, Space mountain down at opening. That really bit into my plans for early entry rope drop. At one point Big thunder was down but I had already been on it so I don't know how long. Then, of course, it started pouring before 8:30 pm and everything sucked so I went back to the hotel.

I guess we were pretty lucky when we were there recently. The only ride to go down was Dinosaur. We were next in line and it went down. We were given a LL pass. I feel like the Runaway Railroad was glitching a bit when we got the area where Daisy was but it went back up and we finished the ride.

I guess we were pretty lucky when we were there recently. The only ride to go down was Dinosaur. We were next in line and it went down. We were given a LL pass. I feel like the Runaway Railroad was glitching a bit when we got the area where Daisy was but it went back up and we finished the ride.
Yes Daisy glitched when we rode it also.

This is just a personal observation ….but I am wondering if the issues at the Opening are either castmember shortage or they do not want to pay Full Time Operational Level Cast ($$$ mine money than the college program castmembers ) and do not schedule them to check the safety and tech issues one hour before Open .
In the past at DL/ DCA I could observe from early morn resort views … many attractions operating empty over & over again for inspection and insurance , etc…
In Florida it is not as strict as California State .
Maybe the castmembers , maybe show up at Opening time or maybe not even until one hour after opening depending on crowd and popularity for specific attractions.
WDW relies on the college interns for standard procedures too much and just delays for other choices that would be full time Operations/ Management level.
I repeat this is just my unprofessional thought and trying to figure out what are some of the things goin on … Cause it does not make any sense …
Think about the prices for resorts and ticketing and food , etc .
Hard to believe there isn’t enough money to do basic maintenance …

and you should be washing your hands frequently while on property !
Unless you really believe anybody cares or knows how to clean nowadays…

The last time I saw the cannons on Rise working was September 2021. They've been broken ever since and I expect it to be that way similar to the Yeti on Everest.

But yeah, I agree that ride maintenance is really bad and has been bad for years now. So many rides need some serious TLC and I believe that Disney doesn't want to deal with guests complaining about rides being closed for an extended period of time, so they keep them open in not so great condition.
This is probably it. My guess is that Rise would need to be closed to fix its issues and they’d rather keep the ride open with the issues instead of shutting it down. Maybe next summer when things are slower? It feels like it’s starting to get to the point where you think about a refurb.

This is just a personal observation ….but I am wondering if the issues at the Opening are either castmember shortage or they do not want to pay Full Time Operational Level Cast ($$$ mine money than the college program castmembers ) and do not schedule them to check the safety and tech issues one hour before Open .
In the past at DL/ DCA I could observe from early morn resort views … many attractions operating empty over & over again for inspection and insurance , etc…
Maybe the castmembers , maybe show up at Opening time or maybe not even until one hour after opening depending on crowd and popularity for specific attractions.
WDW relies on the college interns for standard procedures too much and just delays for other choices that would be full time Operations/ Management level.
I repeat this is just my unprofessional thought and trying to figure out what are some of the things goin on … Cause it does not make any sense …

Ya. I have often thought that there could be more to this than just needed maintenance. There is no shame with them cutting cost any way they can.

While I was there:

Saturday HS - Slinky was down at opening and stayed down most of the morning. R&R went down as I was standing in the chute to board - got a LL for return but for R&R only. It stayed down for a couple of hours but I'm not sure how long.

Sunday EP - I think Remy was down at opening but I wasn't trying for Remy, just saw it on the app. No idea how long it was down. Frozen also went down but again, I wasn't trying so I didn't pay much attention.

Monday MK - 7 dwarves down at opening, Space mountain down at opening. That really bit into my plans for early entry rope drop. At one point Big thunder was down but I had already been on it so I don't know how long. Then, of course, it started pouring before 8:30 pm and everything sucked so I went back to the hotel.
I have the impression it takes time to get things going on some days. It happened to me on the last trip that Pirates of the Caribbean was not open at Park opening and only got going a few hours later. When this happens, the crowd moves to the next best ride in the land. Huge line for Jungle Cruise that morning.
It doesn't bother me much. A small change of plan is normal when visiting WDW. I miss attractions that I wanted to see because there was too long a line or I was just tired. Something to look forward to on the next visit.

My husband said the same thing every time we experienced the early morning closures. They aren’t staffing the way they need to to cut corners. Those rides were likely fully operational in the morning with no one to work them.

This week we were at DHS on Wednesday and MMRR, Rise, Slinky and ToT were all down at once. When we finally rode Rise, both Kylo and Hux were frozen in the "there's nowhere to run!" Scene and Hux's head was slumped to the side.

And we all know those laser cannons are never moving again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter