Rider Swap - single parent with 12yo and 6yo

Kippycamper

Earning My Ears
Last minute change of plans means DH may not be able to join us on our first trip to MK and AK. we have been planning for months so trying to readjust the plan. DD6 is 44 inches, so tall enough for most rides, but may chicken out. Would I be allowed to do rider swap leaving her with (very responsible) DD12? I am assuming that they would only be on their own for a few minutes while I ride - And that they would be waiting in an area off to the side of the line or somewhere sort of quiet (not out in the middle of the park?). Sorry, I have never been so having trouble visualizing how this might work. TIA.

The waiting is done totally outside the ride. Usually we go up to CM , get the kids swap and then either find a bench or start walking around to keep 2 yr happy.

And though the ride itself maybe a few mins, many rides have preshows and different rooms you must pass through before you get to the ride. I've never timed it, but I'd say a ride like TT, with a FP, you would probably be gone a good 20-25 mins.

Ok thank you for your reply - we will scratch the rider swap option off the list. I would not be comfortable with that and my kids wouldn’t either. Time to recruit someone to come in DH’s place!

If you could get someone else, that would be great all around. So many times an extra pair of hands are handy and a lot of rides are for 2 people . I believe some rides they fill every seat, so your 12 yr might be sitting next to a stranger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!