Reviews- Main Street Bakery and Earl of Sandwich

Natalya

Mouseketeer
Main Street Bakery - A++

Food - A++++

We only ate breakfast from here. Since we were staying at the Grand Floridian, my 12 year old and I would hop on the monorail and go to the Bakery for take out. I got 2 coffees, a chocolate milk, and whatever drink my son picked out. I had the French Toast Loaf (HIGHLY recommend!!!!!! SOOOO Good), DH got the egg and cheese croissant (he loved it!), my little one got a plain croissant (he always loves croissants but proclaimed that Mickey makes the BEST croissant of ALL), and my older son got whatever was there. One day it was glazed donuts, the next it was the honeybun (which is very big). We asked for it to go and took the boat back to the GF. Awesome! The only thing better would be if we were on the dining plan and could use our snack credits for it! But we weren't.

Service- A+++

There was ALWAYS a HUGE line first thing in the morning. But there are 4 or so servers back there and they move through the line relatively quickly. If there was a line like that at my local bakery, we would be there all day long...the Main Street Bakery servers were quick.

Earl of Sandwich

A+++++

My husband proclaimed this to be his favorite place.

Food- A+. I had the Scudetto...YUM! DH had the Full Montagu.... Double YUM! and my older son had the Cannonball...YUM, YUM, YUM. The only person less than thrilled was my 3 year old whose idea of a sandwich is 1 piece of american cheese, one piece of bologna, and mayo on plain white bread. They didn't have american cheese so he had PB&J. He liked the sandwich but the bread wasn't his cup of tea. He's more of a "simple pleasures" type of guy. He did eat quite a bit of it though which leads me to believe that he liked it okay.

The only thing that may be considered a negative was that they only seemed to have one type of bread. Some sandwich companies have different types to choose from. For our purposes though, we all LOVED the bread (besides my 3 year old of course) so we didn't even consider the fact that there wasn't a choice. It wasn't until I was pondering the meal for this review that I even thought about it.

I also had the Pineapple Coconut smoothie. OMG, the smooth yummy goodness! It was awesome, so creamy and tasty. I had one at Epcot that was like flavored ice...yuck. The Earl of Sandwich smoothie was the best I've had, ever.

The only other negative was that this restaurant was at DTD. For us, it was just so inconvenient. BUT, if you are staying at PO...it's only a boatride away. I might even consider a stay at PO JUST so I can visit Earl of Sandwich more often :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the review. We just came back from our own 10 day stay at the world this past Monday. We always have to get the French Toast Loaf at least a couple of times on every trip. It is so good.............

The Earl is a life-saver. Not only is it delicious but it's CHEAP. Under $5 for a GREAT sandwich!

I can't count how many times we've ended our day at Disney by going to Downtown and hitting the Earl for dinner.

It's a great way to go to Disney and not go broke from the price of food!

Ummm French Toast loaf and Earl's have now both been added to my Jan must have list... :thumbsup2

cathy0124 said:
Ummm French Toast loaf and Earl's have now both been added to my Jan must have list... :thumbsup2

;)

The earl is great because since it's so cheap you can allocate more money to other meals and not feel guilty about it (if you're budget-conscious).

Another popular strategy for us is to have lunch at a more expensive TS restaurant like Biergarten where it's cheaper to have lunch there than dinner, then have a late dinner at the Earl. Much better money-wise than having a more expensive CS lunch and a much more expensive TS dinner.

Just an idea. :)

Thanks for the reviews. Earl's is one of our fave CS. We always make it over there to eat, and usually plan to on days we are shopping at DTD. Its been yummy every time.

I'm going to have to give that french toast loaf a try next time. It sounds good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter