• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reviews - Le Cellier, Tony's TS, KONA Cafe

SnwflkCts

I wanna go back ... when can I go back???
Short trip to WDW. DH and I tried two new restaurants and one visit to our FAV KONA Cafe.

Le Cellier, Epcot (Canada) - Dinner

ADR for 7:40 PM - took us within 5 minutes. While we were waiting someone TRIED to do a walk-up and hostess told them that Le Cellier was BOOKED until January. WOW! Restaurant noisy at first but quieted down (or maybe after my beer I didn't notice anymore!). Spacing between tables not huge but I was not uncomfortable at all. Felt private enough.

Myself:
Cheese Soup
Mushroom Filet
Sorbet

DH
Shrimp Cocktail
Maple Filet
Blueberry Buckle

Service and food was excellent! Waitress friendly and attentive.

We each had a Moosehead ale recommended by waitress since I like light beers. Waitress brought bread which was to DIE for. All three kinds - large bread sticks (pretzel bread, muli-grain and sour dough) were yummy. The cheese soup was delicious. Wasn't sure I would like it at first but was very good. Tasted DH shrimp and wasabi sauce - good too!

Steaks were cooked to each of our standards and were buttery tender. I enjoyed the mushroom rissoto. Maple filet was sweet tasting and my DH loved it! I was stuffed by dessert time. I had a quick taste of the sorbet - I was REALLY stuffed and DH ate his blueberry buckle with enjoyment. WONDERFUL dinner! Would go there again.
---------------------------------------------
Tony's Town Square - Magic Kingdom - Lunch

ADR was 1215. Took us within 5 minutes. This was our anniversay lunch -- Table was decorated, little ceremony around dessert time. Service was wonderful. Food was good.

Myself:
Salad
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Lemon Walnut Cake

DH:
Salad
Baked Ziti
Lemon Walnut Cake

Actually this rather large restaurant was cool and airy. Lots of space between tables, not loud at all! There is an inner dining area, a large sunny dining area (where we were) and dining outside! Wonderful service. Salad was good. You may want to ask for dressing on the side. There was a lot of it but I did not stir mine up. Spaghetti was tasty. Very sweet sauce. This would be very appealing to children. I am not much of a meatball fan but they were good. (DH ate one - they are BIG meatballs!). Our entrees arrived with a garlic breadstick - that was an added bonus and tasty! I was stuffed by the time dessert arrived. A waitress announced that it was our anniversary and everyone had to spin their napkins and say "That's Amore!" - very sweet and fun. Birthdays get similar recognition! Dessert was DELICIOUS. I was stuffed again and just ate a few bites of it. I did not taste DH's entree but he said it was good.

Tony's gets a bad rap on these DIS boards sometimes. Do not expect a NY Italian quality dinner. This restaurant serves in an HOUR what some restaurants serve in a day. The meal was tasty and satisfying! I loved the atmosphere. I would go there again in a minute!!
---------------------------------------------------

KONA Cafe - Polynesian Resort - Dinner (with family!)

DBIL and DS joined us for dinner. They are PICKY PICKY PICKY and I was a little worried. DH and I LOVE (LOVE!) KONA Cafe. It was a hit!! ADRs for 8. Taken in within 5 minutes.

We all shared Pot Stickers and Sticky Wings as apps. Very very good. Steaks all around and one Mahi Mahi. DBILs face fell when steak arrived. It looked well done and crusty black on outside ... but cut into it and there is the rare he loves. Mine at medium was DELISH. DH likes his well done and they cut the steak in half (medallions). DS had the mahi mahi. I tasted it and it was wonderful. I forget what her side dish was ... (after a Mai Tai -- I forget everything!) but the mashed potaotes and asparagus were perfection! WONDERFUL ENTREES! We split two desserts. DBIL and DS shared the chocolate lava torte. DBIL said he was in CHOCOLATE NIRVANA!!! I only tasted the cheesecake. STUFFED AND TIPSY ... but DH finished it all off. Coffee at KONA is BEST in WDW. DS said the coffee was very very good. I thought so too.

Wait staff was excellent. VERY LOUD AND NOISY. Didn't like that at all! I think the acoustics in KONA are terrible. That would be my only complaint. As we stay at the Polynesian, KONA will always be on our MUST EAT AT list.

All in all, wonderful food was had by all during this trip. I can recommend all the places we ate at. :thumbsup2

Let me know if any questions.

My husband and I just love KONA. The salad is really good too and believe it or not, I usually get a cup of chicken noodle soup!!! Sometimes you just want a little comfort food after eating all the rich stuff at WDW. (Both of those are appetizers). I think you will really like KONA!

Thanks for the good review of Tony's. I was trying to decide if I wanted to eat there in July. Sounds good. I think I'll give it a try.

LoriNSC said:
Thanks for the good review of Tony's. I was trying to decide if I wanted to eat there in July. Sounds good. I think I'll give it a try.

Yes, I made an ADR for there for December...sounds yummy!

popcorn::

Also while we were at Tony's we could see one of the Family Fun parades. That was fun. Of course DH and I were laughing because my feet hurt and I said that would be something I'd get picked for -- walk in the sun with a hula hoop on hurting feet! (It looked fun for the much younger families doing it!) I really enjoyed the location. I did not expect it to be so bright and pretty!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter