Reviews- Coral Reef, Crystal Palace, and Nine Dragons

Natalya

Mouseketeer
Coral Reef- A+
Atmosphere- A+ Do I even have to say why? We had so much fun eating next to the aquarium. My 3 year old found great joy in watching “Mr. Ray” swim around the tank just like he did in Finding Nemo. And the turtle is HUGE!!! My 12 year old was in awe that all those fish could swim with the sharks and not get eaten. And my husband and I were just enjoying the scene.

Food- A. I had the Mahi Mahi and the lobster/crabmeat soufflé. My husband had the lobster bisque and the seared Tuna. I think my kids had the pizza or the chicken fingers. For dessert my husband, 3 year old, and I shared the Chocolate Wave…OMG, that was to die for! I told my husband that we had to try it because it sounded so good and it was scrumptious, we were glad we tried it. My lobster/crabmeat soufflé was pretty good but I think next time I would order another appetizer, there was nothing wrong with it…just not really what I wanted for an appetizer (it didn't "hit the spot" so to speak). The Mahi Mahi was delicious and my Husband RAVED about his lobster bisque and tuna. He is a tuna snob and he said it was one of the best he’s had, they cooked it exactly as he asked (a little on the rare side) and he said it was perfect. My 3 year old ate most of his dad’s lobster bisque much to his dismay but he did tell me it was also one of the best lobster bisques he has ever had.

Service- A. The server was excellent and we didn’t have to wait long for a table. They WERE turning away anyone without a reservation just as Le Cellier had but we only had to wait 5 minutes for our table.

Crystal Palace (for breakfast)- A+++++. THIS was my favorite meal of the whole trip.

Atmosphere- A+ We made reservations for before the park opened so we had the Magic Kingdom almost to ourselves. It was sooo nice to experience this and to be able to take pictures of the castle without a ton of people around. I highly recommend everyone do this at least once on their vacation. I would plan the breakfast for later in the week so that you can fully appreciate the serenity of a quiet park…after a week of fighting the crowds it is an amazing experience to be there without the throngs of people. Plus the restaurant is really pretty and open.

Food- A+ Their breakfast selection was wonderful. I HAD to try everything because it looked so good. The breakfast lasagna (which I passed on at first because I thought it sounded gross…I couldn’t get the image of pasta, eggs, and sausage out of my head… was REALLY good. When I finally looked at it, it looked like a cobbler with fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bananas…although they were big enough to pick out if you aren’t a banana person). That is pretty much what it tasted like, a fruit cobbler. They also had a French toast puff that was amazing. No need for syrup or butter, they are very good, reminded me of apple fritters but without the chunks of apple and with tons of yummy sugar and cinnamon on it. They made omelets to order and the cook was very fast. I didn’t have to wait in line to order because he was taking more than one order at a time and it cooked in no time.

Service- A+ Our server was wonderful and the characters were awesome. They had a system going so that the characters didn’t miss anyone and so that you can run up to get your food before the next character came around. We didn’t have to wait at all for our table…We made the reservations for 8:30am (the park opened at 9am) and it didn’t seem overly busy, by the time we left the place was hopping though. I was considering canceling our reservation for this place the night before because I didn’t know if we would be able to make it there in time (we had a late night the night before and also it was our checkout day) but we decided to go ahead and keep the reservation and I am so glad we did. This will definitely be a must do on every Disney trip from now on. My husband agreed, he loved the food.

Nine Dragons (China) A:

Atmosphere: A They had chopsticks! It was a chinese restaurant...it looked like a chinese restaurant so I guess their theme"ing" strategy worked.

Food: hmmmm.... A?
We both had the General Tso's chicken. My older son had the sweet and sour chicken fingers and so did my younger son. It really tasted like our local Chinese joint, so my guess is that it isn't really "authentic" Chinese food but it was very very good so maybe they are on to something. The only iffy part about the meal was that my husband and I felt really really weird as we were walking to the monorail after our meal. We both felt woozy, and lightheaded in a faraway type of way. We also both developed headaches. I was feeling it and right before we got to the monorail I said to my husband "are you feeling okay?" and he said "no, actually I'm not and he went on to list the exact symptoms that I was having without me actually voicing them to him" So...it led us to consider the fact that there was MSG in the food and that we had some sort of reaction to it. I've never had food with MSG so I don't know for sure...maybe we were sick from something else but it was awfully coincidental that we had the same symptoms...especially since we didn't ride any of the same rides that day. But anyway, the food tasted really really good.

Service- B+

We got seated right away and the service itself was good but we got the distinct feeling that our server was making fun of us. My husband was trying to order the General Tso's Chicken and the server pretended he didn't understand what my husband was trying to order...then after a few times he said "oh the General Tso's Chicken" said in a very slightly different way than my husband. We both felt that was done on purpose as my husband was pretty close in his pronunciation. He said "General Sows Chicken" and the waiter said "General Chows Chicken". Also, I accidently asked for "Pork fried rice" and he said "we don't have pork fried rice and then just stared at me". So I said, "oh" (confused), I thought I saw it on here and he said "we have vegetable fried rice" so I said "oh, yes, vegetable fried rice...that's what I meant, sorry about that" and he walked away. He forgot all about the fried rice until we were halfway through our meal.

Thanks for the review Natalya. We have never been to Coral Reef and are really looking forward to dining there in November.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Natalya said:
Coral Reef- A+
Nine Dragons (China) A:

Atmosphere: A They had chopsticks! It was a chinese restaurant...it looked like a chinese restaurant so I guess their theme"ing" strategy worked.

Food: hmmmm.... A?
We both had the General Tso's chicken. My older son had the sweet and sour chicken fingers and so did my younger son. It really tasted like our local Chinese joint, so my guess is that it isn't really "authentic" Chinese food but it was very very good so maybe they are on to something. The only iffy part about the meal was that my husband and I felt really really weird as we were walking to the monorail after our meal. We both felt woozy, and lightheaded in a faraway type of way. We also both developed headaches. I was feeling it and right before we got to the monorail I said to my husband "are you feeling okay?" and he said "no, actually I'm not and he went on to list the exact symptoms that I was having without me actually voicing them to him" So...it led us to consider the fact that there was MSG in the food and that we had some sort of reaction to it. I've never had food with MSG so I don't know for sure...maybe we were sick from something else but it was awfully coincidental that we had the same symptoms...especially since we didn't ride any of the same rides that day. But anyway, the food tasted really really good.

Service- B+

We got seated right away and the service itself was good but we got the distinct feeling that our server was making fun of us. My husband was trying to order the General Tso's Chicken and the server pretended he didn't understand what my husband was trying to order...then after a few times he said "oh the General Tso's Chicken" said in a very slightly different way than my husband. We both felt that was done on purpose as my husband was pretty close in his pronunciation. He said "General Sows Chicken" and the waiter said "General Chows Chicken". Also, I accidently asked for "Pork fried rice" and he said "we don't have pork fried rice and then just stared at me". So I said, "oh" (confused), I thought I saw it on here and he said "we have vegetable fried rice" so I said "oh, yes, vegetable fried rice...that's what I meant, sorry about that" and he walked away. He forgot all about the fried rice until we were halfway through our meal.

How rude!

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to try Coral Reef, only a few more days! :banana:

Thanks for your reviews! We will be going to the CR in Feb. for the first time. I think I am going to try the Mahi Mahi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter