Review of Best Western LBV

baileyboy7

Earning My Ears
Stayed here one night (Weds., 12/19/01) with Priceline bid of $20 + $5 bonus. We liked it, and loved the location; can't beat it for the price. The lobby is somewhat small and dark, but typical in my experience for a BW. It all appeared clean to us, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Arrived 2 p.m., they couldn't find my reservation. First time that's ever happened with Priceline. Called whoever they call, and eventually it was determined my reservation had been made in a "last name first name" format with no commas between. Weird. It's not like my name is Bob Jim or something. Anyway, once that was worked out, I asked if there was any chance for an upper room, park view. It took a few minutes, but the clerk found one, and it was a smoking room to boot.

We were not asked to pay the $10 upgrade mentioned on the BW LBV web site, and no mention was made of this being a priceline reservation.

Room 1012 had a terrific view facing downtown Disney and Epcot. Enjoyed watching the sunset and Epcot fireworks from the balcony. The room itself is your standard hotel fare. Two queen size beds, a TV with 2 sets of 3 drawer chests on either side and a small table with two chairs. The balcony has a small glass table and 2 chairs. Bathroom was standard with sink inside the bathroom itself, and there's a vanity outside the bathroom door with a mirror, a chair, and some outlets--but no second sink. The room was very comfortable--nice vellux blankets and fluffy pillows, gppd temperature control, very clean, adequate towels, good shower, etc. There was also a coffee maker with styro cups, and a real ice bucket. This room was just across from the ice and soda machines, which was handy.

We did not use the pool, but you have to walk around the entire building to get to it due to construction in process in the back of the hotel. I'm sure once that's done, it'll be more accessible. The pool is big and appeared clean; temperature was warmish, but not warm enough for me in 60 F air temps.

Upon arrival, we ordered a burger and fries from the lobby snack stand, which is the only food outlet open during mid-afternoon, though the food is cooked in the restaurant kitchen. The burger was huge, hot and perfectly cooked, as were the fries. Very tasty, and plenty enough to split, so at about $8 total, a good deal for lunch.

We also ordered personal pan pizzas from room service, which were just okay, and not a terrific deal at $5 each plus the usual room service charges. But they arrived warm enough and just over the 35 minutes promised. BTW: the room service guide says these pizzas are for kids, but we weren't questioned. Regular 14" pizzas are also available.

There are also two stores in the lobby: the usual gift shop, and a small Disney store, which had the same prices as the park stores.

Disney transport is available for free. Buses leave on the 1/2 hour before opening until about 2 hours after, then they go once per hour until just before closing, when they go back to every 1/2 hour until about 2 hours after.

Upon check-in, we were given Disney transport passes and a couple of discount coupons for dinner at the hotel restaurant--we didn't use either.

The only beef: We had the "privacy please" tag on the door, and at 9:15 a.m., housekeeping knocked, and actually asked when we were leaving. I said, "Sometime in the next two hours." Hmph. Housekeeping is welcome to ask when I'm leaving if it's past check-out time, but it is inappropriate and unprofessional to ask this two hours prior to check-out. Not to mention the privacy tag... We left about 10, and I mentioned this to the desk clerk. He said, "You're kidding," rolled his eyes, and said he'd say something to them about it. A suitable response.

Overall, we liked this place and would happily stay there again. Happy to answer questions.

I stayed here last year and found the rooms to be quite large. We had a king bed and queen sofa bed (comfortable. I slept on it.) Most hotels have full beds and not queen. My DH and i may stay there again in March. I found a $99 rate with breakfast for two. Did you see the breakfast there????

No, sorry, didn't see the breakfast spread.

They're currently offering rooms at $35/night on the BW web site, but possible that isn't available for March--too close to spring break. But that tells me that $99 is too much for this room, even with breakfast, considering the low rates available in the area. I'd find out the best price w/o breakfast; in my experience, the amount they add for breakfast is more than it costs to eat out. btw: their buffet is only about $7 with tip and tax.

Good luck!

Rates are going up, up, up for March (onsite anyway). Even with my AP discount we will probably stay off- site. I can get Fairfield Inn (just down street) for 48.99 . It's a AAA promo for a king bed and cont. BF included. I've read so far only good reviews, but it's probably not too shabby since it's only been open a year. I really wanted a king bed for my adults only trip. It just gives the room a more "grown up" feel.

We ate the breakfast buffet a couple weeks ago and it was small but had made-to-order Belguim Waffles and omlettes ... I beleive the price is around $6-$7 per person.

Ps...I thought the father-inlaws room at the Best Western was better than our room at the Hilton down the street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter