Revenge of Reflections

As for the lazy river/expansion at WL or FW/Reflections 2.0 would that not be a good way to recycle all of the stuff they have to take out of MK for the new cars ride? Use it as theming for an amazing fort themed water adventure play land? Make it open to all of the resorts in the area. Would be a huge boon to the cabins that are not selling as well.....
Discovery Island reborn as Tom Sawyer's Island at the Fort Wilderness (or Reflections) resort! :dog2:

All of this talk of potential expansion at CCV/WL got my hopes up but at least it's tied to a likely soft goods refresh and I'm hopeful to get the murphy beds at CCV in the larger rooms....
Murphy beds are a given from now on, they've installed them even at the values, everyone love them.
Poly got the new Murphy beds in the last soft refurb, so it's very likely CCV will get them too in all rooms, including studios.

Murphy beds are a given from now on, they've installed them even at the values, everyone love them.
Poly got the new Murphy beds in the last soft refurb, so it's very likely CCV will get them too in all rooms, including studios.
Not 100%, some (maybe all?) 5th floor rooms at brv still have couch beds cause of the roofline the Murphy doesn’t fit. No clue how ccv is but if it has the same roofline issue those rooms won’t get em either

Not 100%, some (maybe all?) 5th floor rooms at brv still have couch beds cause of the roofline the Murphy doesn’t fit. No clue how ccv is but if it has the same roofline issue those rooms won’t get em either
My only concern in CCV is the soffit that runs above the Murphy bed lowers the ceiling by about a foot there. But every floor has about the same ceiling height (I’ve stayed on the top floor and multiple floors lower). Maybe there is a few rooms with lower ceilings but I’ve never seen reports of them.

Might it be that they need temporary storage for the cabins? The cabins aren't going to arrive one at a time, since they're being built off site and then trucked in. Because of the oversize permits and complexity of moving oversize loads, they'd transport them in groups. They're not going to park these things on the roads of FW until they are ready for each one. Hence, the need for a big parking lot...

The cabins are being built on site with pics and thread on the Camping Board. There is a large field at Fort Wilderness just inside the Outpost Bus Depot being used as a staging area for the construction forces. And the field is adjacent to the cabin area. The new parking lot is not - it is quite a distance away and adjacent to the R********** construction area.

Page 11 of this thread from the Camping Board is illustrative. These cabins are being built/assembled at the Fort, not completed off-site and trucked in (although the legacy cabins are being trucked out).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...being-done-for-new-dvc-cabins.3929532/page-11

Bama Ed

PS - and since there was no announcement at D23 about this project, maybe it will happen close to when the Poly Tower ya'll discuss nears completion/start of sales. Because once the latest build is finished, there always needs to be a "next" resort on the horizon for DVC buyers to look forward to....

Last edited:
My only concern in CCV is the soffit that runs above the Murphy bed lowers the ceiling by about a foot there. But every floor has about the same ceiling height (I’ve stayed on the top floor and multiple floors lower). Maybe there is a few rooms with lower ceilings but I’ve never seen reports of them.
Stayed in a CCV 2BR dedicated last month. No Murphy bed in the LR. Sloped roof and a ceiling soffit:

IMG_2149.jpeg

Yes, I saw that as well…. Seems like this is coming back… Boy you really see the lack of Eisner’s influence from an architectural standpoint if they do this… A repeat of the Poly tower on the outside….

Looks like DVC has their next resort in the works. If there's a lazy river like the original plans showed, we'll likely buy in. Maybe even if they still call it R**********. The River Country touches in the artwork at CFW are a good sign. Keep that theme please!!

SomeInternetGuy on WDWMagic (link) located FAA permits for a mobile crane to be on site at the former Reflections site from Oct 14, 2024-Aug 14, 2025. For reference, Poly had a mobile crane from Feb-Aug 2023. Would make sense with this ultimately being a bigger project.

That would also put the project comfortably into the 2027 calendar window for opening.

So, I think I'm over the Island Tower given the points charts and lack of 2 beds. Can we start obsessing about when "Reflections 2" will be announced? :rotfl2:
Long as it's not a carbon copy of Poly Tower... I've already told our guide that's what we're waiting on... love Wilderness Lodge and I read some threads here floating the idea of an expansion of that resort instead of a standalone.... which would be interesting, especially if they connected them all with pathways.

That would be awesome.

I still think it’s gonna be the FW cabins + Disneys Lakefront Lodge as one DVC resort, and not bookable for resale owners.

My prediction for the distant future is that the monorail eventually gets retired and replaced with more boats plus a skyliner, with WL and FW on the route as well.

That would be awesome.

I still think it’s gonna be the FW cabins + Disneys Lakefront Lodge as one DVC resort, and not bookable for resale owners.

My prediction for the distant future is that the monorail eventually gets retired and replaced with more boats plus a skyliner, with WL and FW on the route as well.

People keep saying this but it seems like the cabins and the old river country site aren’t *that* close. For perspective, can someone tell me if the distance is similar to say, the treehouses and the rest of SSR?

People keep saying this but it seems like the cabins and the old river country site aren’t *that* close. For perspective, can someone tell me if the distance is similar to say, the treehouses and the rest of SSR?
They are literally next to each other...in fact, in the original reflections prep they I believe the modified/rebuilt part of the tri-circle D ranch area to make way for part of the Reflections resort development.

For perspective, it's half a mile from the south-eastern most section of the Treehouse lodges to the Saratoga Springs main pool. It's about .35 a mile from Loop 100 of the Cabins to the originally proposed Reflections site. By comparison, it's about 1.5 miles from the originally proposed Reflections site to the Wilderness Lodge main building (probably only a mile to the eastern most CCV Cabins).

Here is a map for better perspective.

1726664589088.png

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest