"Restricted usage" roads?

K9pal

<font color=green>Just call me Miss Patient!
We usually take FL 429 (Western Way) into Disney. Looking at Google Maps, it looks like we could shave off about 4 miles by taking Exit 19 (Winter Garden Vineland Rd) off 429 instead of Exit 8. But several of the roads on Disney property are flagged as "restricted usage" on Google - Center Dr, Floridian Way, Seven Seas Dr. Are they actually restricted from public usage, or will we be able to use them? I can't tell by looking at the street views. We'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary. Thanks for any help!

You will be ok if you want to go that way. There won't be any welcome to disney banners etc and you will be coming in behind MK which you may or may not consider magical (power plant, huge warehouses, cast parking etc) When you turn off Reams Road into Disney the signage does indicate it is restricte but Walt Disney World Guests are included in the verbage as to who is allowed.

The other roads are considered restricted because they are typically for Disney guests or you have to go through the toll plaza (coming the other way) to access the road.

Liz

Great! Won't have kids with us, so 'magical' doesn't matter to us. :) Thank you so much!

As long as Google has you turning right from Center onto Floridian, you'll be OK.

It's shorter to turn left on World Dr., but you can't get into CR from that direction.

I would add a caveat that Floridian Way is closed back there during MK fireworks. I think it's closed from about 1/2 hour before until 1/2 hour after the show. It and 7 Seas are also closed for early morning footraces - marathons, half marathons, etc.

As long as Google has you turning right from Center onto Floridian, you'll be OK.

It's shorter to turn left on World Dr., but you can't get into CR from that direction.

I would add a caveat that Floridian Way is closed back there during MK fireworks. I think it's closed from about 1/2 hour before until 1/2 hour after the show. It and 7 Seas are also closed for early morning footraces - marathons, half marathons, etc.

Yes, turning right from Center onto Floridian, then left onto Seven Seas and another left onto World Dr. And we'll be driving in on a Sunday morning, so the fireworks closing won't be a problem.
Thanks!

When we have driven to the Winter Garden Shopping Plaza we always went down World Drive past the Contemporary, Magic Kingdom and Monorail service station for getting there, then went the same way coming back into WDW and never had any problems taking those roads.

Plus I always it's weird seeing the Cast Member parking lot for the Magic Kingdom and across the street from it are some apartment condos, so one side is WDW property and the other side is offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter