restaurants with less background noise for hearing aid

megrod74

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm not sure if this should go on the Restaurants board, but we are taking my dad next year and he wears a hearing aid (he should wear 2). He has a really hard time in restaurants when they are noisy. I realize that most Disney restaurants are going to be loud, but I was wondering if anyone has had good experiences in any particular restaurants, or even counter service places. I don't usually notice myself how loud a place is until I'm there trying to talk to my dad.
Thanks for any ideas!:D

Of courses it depends what your tastes are and what your budget is. If the weather is fine, you might consider restaurants where you can eat outside, such as Pecos Bill in Mk and in Epcot, try the one at the American Adventure. (sorry, I've forgotten the name.) If you want sit down service, perhaps you could go to the Contemporary Or Poly for a quiet lunch when you are at MK. Sorrry, you didn't say where you were staying, so I can't help there. At MGM you might try the commissary. Yes, it will be busy at lunch. However, it is a large restaurant and many times I've found a quiet corner, usually quiet a way from the service counter. Another thing you may want to try when at MK, is get your tray, and go toa quiet place to eat it. I've found quiet spots such as at Pirates el Perico (when they are closed) and at a quiet spot opposite Swiss Family Robinson beside Dole Whip. There are tables and chairs, and a roof. Not much for walls, but they are out of the way, hidden with shrubs so very few people notice. At AK, Pizzafari is a very large restaurant, so you might fiond a quiet corner there, although you have no control if a noisy family sits beside you. The food courts at the All Stars are busy and noisy especially where the food service is. However, the food court is huge, so if you walk to the back it shouldn't be too big a problem. Flame Tree at AK has an outside area, so there shouldn't be echo there. Hope this helps. Sorry it is so disjointed.

Yes, pampam, that's the kind of advice I needed. thank you!

Some of the quieter sit down places are:
LeCellier (Canada Epcot World Showcase)
Coral Reef (Epcot)
California Grill (Contemporary)
Hollywood and vine (Studios- probably the only quiet buffet since there are no characters or hoopla)
Brown Derby (studios)
Most of the resort sit down places that are not "all you can eat"

AVOID AT ALL COSTS:
Chef mickeys, Crystal Palace, or any character buffets-eek!

No problem! I have been looking over the menus at the different places as well, trying to avoid the places that I know have a lot of noise. Our 6yo son has a cochlear implant and it is exremely sensitive to background noise! We will do a character meal or two, but we will be turning down the volume for those meals!
You also definitely want to avoid Planet Hollywood, Rain Forest Cafe, ESPN zone and Beaches and Cream.
Another nice and quiet one would be Fulton's at DD. We did not care for the food, but the enviornment was very nice and peaceful. I imagine Portabello's would be the same, but we have never been. Hope you have a great trip!

Citricos at the GF is exceptional, and quiet. And about half the cost of the CA Grill. Get the lamb shank, and enjoy.

Difinitely a ditto here on the Rainforest Cafe. I had a hard time getting my DH to hear me when we ate there. Luckily we sat on the same side of the table this time, so I could yell into his ear.:) Those dratted monkeys are LOUD!;)
Kim

GARDEN GRILL @ EPCOT! (yes, i'm shouting! LOL!)

imo, it is the PERFECT restaurant for those w/hearing aids because the booths really block out the sound from those around you... and it's also a great all-you-care-to-eat character meal, which is just an extra bonus!

Quiet. Liberty Tree Inn even with the characters is fairly quiet because of its set up of multiple rooms. Le Cellier is quiet and has great food. Akerhus is reasonably quiet.
Avoid the Biergarten in Germany. Noisy!
I honestly like character meals but remove my hearing aids and use sign at these. Way too noisy for spoken conversation.

Thank you, Talking Hands, I was wondering about the character meals (besides Garden Grill).

I agree with Citricos. Very subdued noise level.

California Grill can be quite loud actually because it has an open kitchen and is a very large space. But you can request the "wine room" which is smaller and more quiet.

Mama Melrose at the Studios is usually quiet. Jiko at AKL comes to mind and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

For a character breakfast I think 'Ohana is relatively quiet.

Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch or dinner is quiet.

Eating early or late will help at most counter places I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter