Resort Monorail - Why does it stop at the TTC?

While this involves some element of 'paying for a service', the original point is that people are being charged a premium for being on a monorail resort based upon the proximity and ease of monorail transportation, ergo, there is an insinuation (real or perceived) as paying for additional services
Respectfully, no. Proximity, sure. Ease, not necessarily. This thread is starting to sound like the nimby comments about the Skyliner at the International Gateway. Yes, the Resorts monorail is primarily for the MK-area (Disney doesn't designate them as monorail resorts - we do) but not exclusively.

The large majority of our Disney trips have been stays at the monorail resorts during all sorts of times.... New Years, 7/4, slow times, busy times, packed monorails, empty monorails, etc. We’re a heavy monorail-using family.

As a monorail resort guest, I've never once considered the current monorail configuration to be a problem in any way. I'm sorry it seems to have inconvenienced some, but it's never been a problem for us.

The biggest problem I see with allowing everyone on the resort monorail is the poor people at the contemporary. With full monorails coming from the MK, how many people get off making room for Contemporary guests to get on.

I have experienced this first hand and it is annoying.

Understood, but it's probably faster to just walk from the Contemporary. I mean, the monorail trains have stop/unload/reload at the TTC, then again at the Polynesian, then a third time at the Grand Floridian, before finally getting back to MK. A good 15 minutes. Now, Contemporary guests going to Epcot on the other hand...

One thing that we're all missing is that these resorts aren't 'monorail' resorts, they're MK resorts. Yes, they get crowded. But in all reality, you can walk back to the CR in about 8 mins, you can take the small boats to both the Polynesian and GF. You can also take the ferry to the TTC (worse than the monorail sometimes!!!). It's a huge pain in the behind to get from the GF or CR to Epcot...you have to wait for the resort monorail, then get on, get off at the TTC and transfer to the Epcot line. This is the big reason the resort line stops at the TTC. The only solution would be that all MK resort guests would have to go to the MK monorail platform and take the express monorail line to the TTC. Now, that's a pain as well.

One thing that we're all missing is that these resorts aren't 'monorail' resorts, they're MK resorts.
Not all :D. I said the same thing.
The only solution would be that all MK resort guests would have to go to the MK monorail platform and take the express monorail line to the TTC. Now, that's a pain as well.
It would be a bigger pain, with more complaints. Magic Kingdom-area Resort guests having to transfer twice? Puh-leeze ;)

I'd say there's a little more than a sprinkle of semantics here... lol

Just remember it's ok to have a difference of opinion and your lens may well be different than that of others, it doesn't invalidate anyone else's experiences :magnify:

The resort monorail starts running earlier to get people to their breakfasts at MK resorts.

I say at the Polynesian often and I don't mind sharing. Now don't get me wrong I have a problem with people abusing the system (asking for extra magic etc) but I don't understand why people paying for the Monorail resorts think the Monorail is theirs only? You are paying to be near Magic Kingdom and for the theming, view of the lake, of the fireworks, room size, multiple restaurants within walking distance and 3 forms of alternate transportation is just the way I look at it. If you stay at other Deluxe hotels you may only have 1 or 2 modes of transportation and they don't complain they don't have a monorail and they (depending on the day) could be paying just as much as the Poly. Monorail restaurants are open to the public so how are people supposed to get there and to the park and back for example? I think most people hate waiting in lines but it's just how it is at Disney.

Ok I get that every guest should have access to all the Monorails. Im not looking for a "paying resort guests only" Monorail. But why does the Resort Monorail stop at the TTC when that is literally the point of the MK monorail, to take people from MK to the TTC. I saw and heard many day guests make use of the resort line to get to the TTC to avoid the long waits for the MK express at bust times. Any addition the extra stop at the TTC is unneeded for those travelling to the resorts, paying resort guest or not. Thoughts?

If I remember correctly, back in the day, the busses did not go into the magic Kingdom where they do now. Busses from other resorts Beach club for example, would drop off at TTC then those guests had to take the monorail to MK. And if a guest from say the Contemporary wanted to go to Disney Springs they had to go to TTC to get a bus. So the TTC is not used as it was way back then but it's still needed.

Understood, but it's probably faster to just walk from the Contemporary. I mean, the monorail trains have stop/unload/reload at the TTC, then again at the Polynesian, then a third time at the Grand Floridian, before finally getting back to MK. A good 15 minutes. Now, Contemporary guests going to Epcot on the other hand...

Problem is, you can’t walk to the TTC from the Contemporary. Contemporary guests need to be able to board the monorail to get to the TTC for Epcot access.

Problem is, you can’t walk to the TTC from the Contemporary. Contemporary guests need to be able to board the monorail to get to the TTC for Epcot access.

Which is exactly why the resort loop has to stop at the TTC. Would you really want to stay at the contemporary and have to get yourself to the MK in order to get the monorail to the TTC in order to transfer to the epcot line?

Which is exactly why the resort loop has to stop at the TTC. Would you really want to stay at the contemporary and have to get yourself to the MK in order to get the monorail to the TTC in order to transfer to the epcot line?

Right...which is why I said that Contemporary guests need to board the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!