• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort Change by Disney

I got through after about 2 hours on hold. Yes - they're charging the price difference to move resorts. However, if you had an offer (ex. I had Sun & Fun), they'll apply that to the new resort reservation. Since my original reservation was for a AKL Jambo House cash stay in August, the CM wanted to keep me in the Deluxe category and presented me with the Contemporary but it was more money. I just got moved to Jambo DVC and actually saved money.

Last edited:

I got through after about 2 hours on hold. Yes - they're charging the price difference to move resorts. However, if you had an offer (ex. I had Fun & Sun), they'll apply that to the new resort reservation. Since my original reservation was for a AKL Jambo House cash stay in August, the CM wanted to keep me in the Deluxe category and presented me with the Contemporary but it was more money. I just got moved to Jambo DVC and actually saved money.

That's messed up that they are charging now. I swear it's like one day you are going the next you're not with all this new info from day to day. I don't know if I should call now or wait longer to see if they decide to open more hotels.

Just to add fuel to the fire, I called UT, who booked my room only. They stated that they are awaiting official guidance from Disney on how to proceed, but implied that it would be a no charge move, and that they would contact me when they know where they will be moving me to.
I'm gonna stay on hold though, just to see what they (WDW) offer.

If the upcharge is true, thats pretty crappy for the 5th sleeper moderates that need a room that sleeps 5, they havent provided a cost comparative option for those people and now making them pay hundreds more per night?

I got through after about 2 hours on hold. Yes - they're charging the price difference to move resorts. However, if you had an offer (ex. I had Fun & Sun), they'll apply that to the new resort reservation. Since my original reservation was for a AKL Jambo House cash stay in August, the CM wanted to keep me in the Deluxe category and presented me with the Contemporary but it was more money. I just got moved to Jambo DVC and actually saved money.

This is excellent news! I have Sun & Fun as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter