Reservations for MK sold out

It's all the D23, DVC and AP Holders that suddenly are taking a trip to try out Guardians . ;) ;)

I think it’s time they stop doing this whole reservation thing. I have chronic migraines and it is impossible for me to know ahead of time what days I‘ll be able to go to the parks ahead of time. Just praying the days we reserved will be days I’m up to going

Update- I found out that if I purchase a park hopper and choose any available park, I can then park hop to any park I want after 2pm. Animal Kingdom was the only park showing available for the day I am going BUT when I bought the ticket and made my reservation it let me select Hollywood Studios instead even though it didn't show as available. So now my plan is to go to Hollywood Studios in the morning and Magic Kingdom after 2pm.

Update- I found out that if I purchase a park hopper and choose any available park, I can then park hop to any park I want after 2pm. Animal Kingdom was the only park showing available for the day I am going BUT when I bought the ticket and made my reservation it let me select Hollywood Studios instead even though it didn't show as available. So now my plan is to go to Hollywood Studios in the morning and Magic Kingdom after 2pm.

The reservation availability page is not updated in real time. So if someone cancels, or capacity is increased, the calendar doesn’t necessarily reflect that right away. Since the reservation system started, it has been advised that even if a park shows as unavailable, try & reserve it anyway. Many people have gotten the park they wanted that way.

The reservation availability page is not updated in real time. So if someone cancels, or capacity is increased, the calendar doesn’t necessarily reflect that right away. Since the reservation system started, it has been advised that even if a park shows as unavailable, try & reserve it anyway. Many people have gotten the park they wanted that way.
Yes! That's what I learned, so I was pretty excited it worked out. I'm still a little salty I had to pay for Park Hopper when I only wanted to visit one park, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Yes! That's what I learned, so I was pretty excited it worked out. I'm still a little salty I had to pay for Park Hopper when I only wanted to visit one park, but there's nothing I can do about that.

Just a quick head's up. You will have to go and check in to Animal Kingdom (the park you booked) before you can "park hop" to MK.

Edited to add: I just saw you're doing HS and decided to go there first anyway lol so nevermind. But I did want to leave my post up in case anyone else wasn't aware you have to check in at pass park first.

Is there any penalty for making a park reservation and not using it? My fiancee and I have a MK reservation for our arrival day, but depending on how much the early morning flight and hassling with luggage takes out of us, we might just decide to relax at the hotel when we get there.

I don't want to deprive someone else of the chance to go to the park, but I won't know until we get there whether we feel like going. If we wend up not going, will we somehow be penalized for not cancelling the reservation?

Not currently at WDW, but Disneyland has been talking about penalizing park reservation no-shows, apparently by either a no-show fee or restricting the nonshowing guest's ability to make more reservations. They (Disneyland) seem to be enforcing penalties against Magic Key APs who no-show to three park reservations within 90 days. These guests will be blocked from booking new park reservations for 30 days.

However, you should cancel the reservation if you know you are not going to use it, even the same day.

Glad to OP get their day scheduled....albeit after 3 hours on hold. :oops:

Welcome to the 'new' Disney.

Not currently at WDW, but Disneyland has been talking about penalizing park reservation no-shows, apparently by either a no-show fee or restricting the nonshowing guest's ability to make more reservations. They (Disneyland) seem to be enforcing penalties against Magic Key APs who no-show to three park reservations within 90 days. These guests will be blocked from booking new park reservations for 30 days.

However, you should cancel the reservation if you know you are not going to use it, even the same day.
We will. If we get to the resort and are already exhausted and/or frustrated with the state of travel these days I will absolutely cancel the reservation.

The CM was able to help you even though it was showing sold out online?
I wonder if a CM can maneuver through and somehow see all reservations in one huge pool rather than seeing AP in one, AP w/room reservation in another, Tickets in one, tickets w/room reservations in another, etc. ? So the CM on the phone has a way to see that yes, reservations for tickets without resorts stay for MK for X date is sold out but they are available in another category so I can slide a spot over as an exception for this guest.

No clue but just a shot in the dark as one possibility of a way they could make a spot where they isn't one otherwise.

I wonder if a CM can maneuver through and somehow see all reservations in one huge pool rather than seeing AP in one, AP w/room reservation in another, Tickets in one, tickets w/room reservations in another, etc. ? So the CM on the phone has a way to see that yes, reservations for tickets without resorts stay for MK for X date is sold out but they are available in another category so I can slide a spot over as an exception for this guest.

No clue but just a shot in the dark as one possibility of a way they could make a spot where they isn't one otherwise.
I got a couple reservations that showed as sold out online last week but let me select them and confirmed them. The calendar is not updated in “real time” apparently so I think odds might be that’s what happened here. Just luck of the moment when the CM was on.

I got a couple reservations that showed as sold out online last week but let me select them and confirmed them. The calendar is not updated in “real time” apparently so I think odds might be that’s what happened here. Just luck of the moment when the CM was on.
Oh, I know they change all the time. I was mostly speculating on the possibility could the GS CM see the entire pool at once somehow. Sort of see a different access system than we do? Mostly just thinking out loud kind of thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter