• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Requesting your own table

We requested a table to ourselves on our Dream cruise and it was perfect. We prefer to spend family time on our trips and my husband didn't want to have to make small talk with strangers.

I called and requested our own table! They said they couldn't guarantee it, but we have the late sitting and she said it would be no problem at all.

After a snafu on our second cruise, where the family that we were supposed to be seated with for dinner wanted to be seated with their friends, we were given our own table (and a bottle of wine for our trouble). We have requested, and received, our own table for each of our subsequent cruises. Like many have said here, it isn't that we're anti social, but we don't want to make awkward small talk and we like dinner time to be family time. I plan to request our own table for our upcoming December cruise, as well.

I had never thought of requesting a table to ourself as we have always had nice tablemates but I think I might try to find some friends in the FE group that might want to link reservations so we can dine together instead.

Our third cruise being a 3n, we just let it go. However, he really did not like the small talk. For our last 7n, we requested (and got) a private table for the four of us. The only issue we had was at EG where we were seated at one of the round booths. I does not accommodate four. It should be a 3-top max.

We always request our own table, as (1) we are prompt to dinner, (2) have a wine package, (3) like to have a meal as a family, (4) can eat as fast or as slow as we want.

Twice we shared, once it worked as we choose the family and they came on a number of our private tours, so we had a reference point. Once it was a bad experience, we had the wine package, offered it they had some and...nope.. No offer of a return, and whilst we were prompt they were late or eat at a different pace to us.

Before our last cruise, the DISBOARD meet thread our cruise was on, started a Face Book page. We "met" so many wonderful, interesting people that us and three other couples linked our dining reservation together for a table. I've never had so much fun in my life, it was like every night was a party, and much shinanigans going on. :) But we are empty-nesters and have dinner alone together EVERY night, so it was nice having table mates to chat with!

We like tablemates. :)

I don't need anyone seeing how much diet coke or how many deserts i get. There are plenty of other opportunities to meet shipmates during the cruise.

No one cares how much you eat and drink. I promise.

I have yet to successfully meet people on cruises, apart from in the concierge lounge. Apart from at dinner. Elsewhere, everyone just seems to be so into their own worlds. If DH and I were big drinkers I'm sure we'd meet people at the bars, but we're generally heading to bed around 10, so that's not happening LOL.

I would also like to request my own table. Can I just ask my TA or do I have to call DCL?

Actually this is very likely one of those things you can do on your own directly with DCL. It has nothing to do with revenue or changes in something fundamental. I'd try DCL first. If they say no, then talk to the TA.

Thanks so much for all your input! Now I don't feel as bad asking to have our own table lol.

I will definitely mention this when we check in.

Request it now, not at checkin.

Has anyone done this? Will I regret not sharing and meeting others? It will be 3 of us, myself, DD4 (we're celebrating her 5th birthday) and her father. I am not antisocial lol but would prefer a quiet dinner time for the 3 of us. :thumbsup2

People do that all the time, however its not always possible to honor all the requests.

As far as preferring a quiet dinner time though, that's pretty much impossible in the main dining rooms. Even if you get your own table, you'll have fellow cruisers at a table probably 3 feet away. And the hustle and bustle of the MDR would never be considered quiet.

People do that all the time, however its not always possible to honor all the requests.

As far as preferring a quiet dinner time though, that's pretty much impossible in the main dining rooms. Even if you get your own table, you'll have fellow cruisers at a table probably 3 feet away. And the hustle and bustle of the MDR would never be considered quiet.

In our experience, the next table isn't 3 feet away. It's more like 6 inches in some areas.

We've had tables to ourselves twice on 9 cruises. I don't mind either way. We've had a couple awkward table mates but most of them were awesome and we looked forward to dinner with them. (hopefully they felt the same lol). On the Fantasy last month my daughter (21) and I were sat with a mother and her 22 year old daughter....they were so fun and I can't imagine if it had been just me and my daughter at dinner lol. She's fun to hang out with...but after a few days it's nice to be able to talk to other people! I don't know how Disney does it though...it really is Disney Magic because we have made some "friends for life" just by sitting at their table at dinner!

Glad to hear smaller groups can get a table alone, too. I had my TA put in the request, but I wasn't sure how it would work with just two of us. Are there 2 top tables, or would we get a 4 top? (we're on the Dream, first time cruisers ;) )

Glad to hear smaller groups can get a table alone, too. I had my TA put in the request, but I wasn't sure how it would work with just two of us. Are there 2 top tables, or would we get a 4 top? (we're on the Dream, first time cruisers ;) )

There are no 2 top tables (except the round table/booth in Enchanted Garden in many people's opinions). If you're seated alone it will be at a four top.

Has anyone ever requested to be seated alone due to a food allergy? I always make note of my DS's allergies when we book, but now I'm thinking I should make my table request at the same time. Anyone have experience with this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter