Reopening dates for Citrico's, Trails End plus more dining news

not necessarily cost-cutting; more for your safety than anything else. your local Chinese buffet is not dealing with the sheer volume of people coming from all over the place during a pandemic. Unfortunately, The pandemic is NOT over, despite everyone wishing it to be so.

I could possibly agree with this is they weren't already herding people together like cattle at rope drop and on the buses. People touch things everywhere, that are then touched by others. I don't see what is different about a buffet. I still think it's totally cost cutting. Charge the same price and drop all the bigger ticket food items, or have them as an up-charge.

I could possibly agree with this is they weren't already herding people together like cattle at rope drop and on the buses. People touch things everywhere, that are then touched by others. I don't see what is different about a buffet. I still think it's totally cost cutting. Charge the same price and drop all the bigger ticket food items, or have them as an up-charge.

People are not taste testing things with their fingers and then putting them in other foods, putting foods on plates and back, and all the other disgusting things people do at buffets. Buffets are gross and I hope they never come back. And family style will always be better than a cafeteria (what some people like to call “a buffet where you are served by someone”).

People are not taste testing things with their fingers and then putting them in other foods, putting foods on plates and back, and all the other disgusting things people do at buffets. Buffets are gross and I hope they never come back. And family style will always be better than a cafeteria (what some people like to call “a buffet where you are served by someone”).

I've been to a lot of buffets, and I've never seen what you describe happening, unless maybe it's a kid at the buffet that a parent has let roam free. Clearly you hate buffets, so I don't think you can give an objective answer.

I've been to a lot of buffets, and I've never seen what you describe happening, unless maybe it's a kid at the buffet that a parent has let roam free. Clearly you hate buffets, so I don't think you can give an objective answer.

Oh it happens - and not just kids left unattended. Full grown adults doing it too. I’ve seen it both at Disney and on cruise ships (Disney, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity).

And the same could be said that clearly you live buffets so I don’t think you can give an objective answer.

I have seen a woman stick her finger in each salad dressing to taste them before choosing which to put on her salad. The sad thing was we reported it to the person working the buffet and they didn’t do anything, not even remove and replace the dressings. That was the last time we went to a buffet. It may not happen often, but it’s disgusting when it does.

So do we think the lounge at Citricos will open up with the restaurant? I miss grabbing a drink at the bars at many of the signature restaurants.

My grandfather had a lung transplant about 10 years ago at the Cleveland Clinic (so, long before COVID.) He's on immunosuppressive drugs and at the time one of the instructions from the doctors was "never eat at buffets again - they are hotbeds of disease transmission."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter