rental or shuttle?

E(ticket)lizabeth

Earning My Ears
Okay, you're all going to get tired of my questions before I go, I know, but the guidebooks just don't answer my questions! :teeth:

I can rent a car for the same price or even less than taking the DL Resort Express or Super Shuttle to/from LAX & DLH. Plus, we're already paying for parking with that tres stupide "resort fee" tacked on to our room rates. However, when I rent, I'm always at an airport with on-site rental counters and car pick-up. So, is everything pretty smooth at LAX with the shuttle service? I usually use Dollar at Orlando, and they've always been great. Are they good at LAX too? ;)

If I rent, I'm thinking it will be easiest to leave DH, MIL, and DS at the airport to get the luggage and hang out while I take the shuttle and pick up our car, then come back for them. DS needs a car seat (which we'll have), so this would mean less lugging the seat around and fewer transfers for kiddo while he's (hopefully!) sleeping. (Our flight's coming in pretty late.) Good idea or not? How easy is it to navigate the terminal areas?

If price is basically the same, would you prefer to rent and drive yourself, even being completely unfamiliar with the roads (but a very good map reader!), and even being tired, or would you rather take the shuttle and possibly deal with stops along the way?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Mille grazie!

I say rent. We always rent a car. We used National, the shuttles come pretty frequently at LAX and while it is crowded we managed to get 4 adults and a toddler, her car seat, all of our luggage and her stroller on to the shuttle with no problem. I printed out directions using mapquest and we didn't get lost so the drive isn't hard as long as you're willing to deal with the traffic. But since you're coming in late I assume traffic will not be as bad as when we got in at 3pm. When you go to baggage pick up the shuttles are right outside the terminal (well I think you have to cross the street to this median area which is quite wide). I do not remember the other company I used but I don't remember having any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter