Rejected Offers Thread

How do we get you a job at DVC management??? We need to channel your $135pp vibes!

All joking aside, I think we are looking at north of $190pp (with incentives), probably higher. I can’t see it being any lower than that given they are activating ROFR poly at ~$125pp.
I’m with you on this one, but still holding out slim hope that they create an aggressive point chart with lower per point costs and low dues—because they just did the opposite at CFW and people did not like it. Still have to assume it will be a lot closer to $235 than $135.

I’m with you on this one, but still holding out slim hope that they create an aggressive point chart with lower per point costs and low dues—because they just did the opposite at CFW and people did not like it. Still have to assume it will be a lot closer to $235 than $135.

Yup. I bought a power ball ticket too.

How do we get you a job at DVC management??? We need to channel your $135pp vibes!

All joking aside, I think we are looking at north of $190pp (with incentives), probably higher. I can’t see it being any lower than that given they are activating ROFR poly at ~$125pp.
If its under 200 with incentives I'll be impressed tbh. I’m fairly certain Disney understands the product they have on their hands and they saw how quickly VGF flew off the shelves.

With the poor sales of CFW, Disney will likely try to milk this thing.

If its under 200 with incentives I'll be impressed tbh. I’m fairly certain Disney understands the product they have on their hands and they saw how quickly VGF flew off the shelves.

With the poor sales of CFW, Disney will likely try to milk this thing.

I am with you. I think it’s going to start to March VDH and with incentives, be between $200 and $210, if they stick with the MB program.

Are you saying between $200-210 after MB credit or before it?

Also, if it becomes part of PVB would you get 2024 year points?

After MB. I think it’s going to start at $239, same as VDH. Then with MB and incentives it gets down to that $200 to $210 range.

And, if it opens in late 2024, then they will give 2024 points

But, it could be like RIv which only gave them for March UY and beyond. Feb UY didn’t start with 2019 but 2020.

After MB. I think it’s going to start at $239, same as VDH. Then with MB and incentives it gets down to that $200 to $210 range.

And, if it opens in late 2024, then they will give 2024 points

But, it could be like RIv which only gave them for March UY and beyond. Feb UY didn’t start with 2019 but 2020.
I was wondering if it might be different (assuming it ends up as part of PVB) because the rest of the club is already open.

Fun new rejected offer twist— I put in an offer on a 100 pt VGC contract at $220 today, assuming I would either get no counter or a counter around $250, and almost immediately heard back from the broker that there was another offer and that I should submit a best and final offer (recommended above $267/pt) because he and the other broker would meet Sunday to decide which to present to the seller.

Um, has anybody else been told they are bidding against someone else and to submit best and final? Seems crazy to me for DVC contracts. Maybe it’s not that different than saying “we already have another offer that is materially higher than yours, do you want to raise your offer before the seller decides to accept the other offer?” but I actually laughed out loud reading the reply.

I wrote back that while there may be some buyers willing to pay over $250 for a resale contract, we’re content to wait for direct points with an extra year of points at $310 if we’re paying in the mid 200s anyway. I received a polite response saying they totally understood.

Um, has anybody else been told they are bidding against someone else and to submit best and final?

Submitted an offer on CCV points in October of 2020 with seller paying dues. After confirming receipt of offer, broker messaged again suggesting I as the buyer should be paying dues and concluded with the following: "I have currently just submitted an offer to the seller on this property from someone else so if you would like to put in an offer please do so as soon as possible." My immediate reply was that I would be holding off [from changing my offer].

3 hours later I got an email congratulating me for my offer having been accepted. 🤔. I did go through with the purchase & have never regretted it...but still wonder if there was ever a second bidder.

Also - I'm curious if this contract is one I've been watching. The recent listings in my UY have all been so frustrating. Extremely delayed closings + unwillingness to negotiate dues reimbursement for a calendar year that will basically be over by the time of said closing 🤷‍♀️

Submitted an offer on CCV points in October of 2020 with seller paying dues. After confirming receipt of offer, broker messaged again suggesting I as the buyer should be paying dues and concluded with the following: "I have currently just submitted an offer to the seller on this property from someone else so if you would like to put in an offer please do so as soon as possible." My immediate reply was that I would be holding off [from changing my offer].

3 hours later I got an email congratulating me for my offer having been accepted. 🤔. I did go through with the purchase & have never regretted it...but still wonder if there was ever a second bidder.

Also - I'm curious if this contract is one I've been watching. The recent listings in my UY have all been so frustrating. Extremely delayed closings + unwillingness to negotiate dues reimbursement for a calendar year that will basically be over by the time of said closing 🤷‍♀️
I guess we’ll see if it actually goes pending on Monday or not.

Fun new rejected offer twist— I put in an offer on a 100 pt VGC contract at $220 today, assuming I would either get no counter or a counter around $250, and almost immediately heard back from the broker that there was another offer and that I should submit a best and final offer (recommended above $267/pt) because he and the other broker would meet Sunday to decide which to present to the seller.

Um, has anybody else been told they are bidding against someone else and to submit best and final? Seems crazy to me for DVC contracts. Maybe it’s not that different than saying “we already have another offer that is materially higher than yours, do you want to raise your offer before the seller decides to accept the other offer?” but I actually laughed out loud reading the reply.

I wrote back that while there may be some buyers willing to pay over $250 for a resale contract, we’re content to wait for direct points with an extra year of points at $310 if we’re paying in the mid 200s anyway. I received a polite response saying they totally understood.

What do you mean by waiting for direct to get an extra year of points?

Not exactly, but this week I I felt similarly after offering on a 200 pt BCV (Oct, basically no points until 25). Listed at 129 after being reduced, I offered 120, the response was “Full price only and just so you know, if you do not take it the seller will be raising the price.” It wasn’t listed as full offer only like I’ve seen on some.

I took it because I felt it was good enough, best fit of the available inventory and I wanted to get moving on the close and 11-mo window. I just thought the interaction was strange.

Not exactly, but this week I I felt similarly after offering on a 200 pt BCV (Oct, basically no points until 25). Listed at 129 after being reduced, I offered 120, the response was “Full price only and just so you know, if you do not take it the seller will be raising the price.” It wasn’t listed as full offer only like I’ve seen on some.

I took it because I felt it was good enough, best fit of the available inventory and I wanted to get moving on the close and 11-mo window. I just thought the interaction was strange.
I can only imagine the happy hour stories between DVC resale brokers about dealing with the buyers and sellers….

If you buy direct points before your current UY month (for me it would be Oct) then you get 2023 points and 2024 points. The resale contract they wanted $260+ for only had 2024 points.
I assume the answer is no but I have to ask, did you have to pay for both years of points or just one? I am considering a small 50 direct when Poly goes on sale which should put me into this sweet spot as well since I won’t get any other incentives.

For those who haven’t seen, many people are reporting a handful of PVB contracts got ROFR’d. To me, it suggests that the initial sales price (even after incentives) isn’t going to look anything like the final VGF fire sale. I now think that maybe a large contract with all incentives plus MB gets you under $200/pt but not by much.i

For those who haven’t seen, many people are reporting a handful of PVB contracts got ROFR’d. To me, it suggests that the initial sales price (even after incentives) isn’t going to look anything like the final VGF fire sale. I now think that maybe a large contract with all incentives plus MB gets you under $200/pt but not by much.
If they gave their sights set on ROFRing PVB, hopefully they will pass over on VGF.

Is there any real estate agent out there who doesn’t pull the “oh, another bidder has made an offer” trick, it’s so old. We were offering on leased office space at a time when tons of spaces are sitting empty what with all the working from home and the landlord’s agent told us at the last min there was a second offer with a longer term so we should also offer for a longer term. We told the guy to go with that offer then. Shockingly there wasn’t one.

I am with you. I think it’s going to start to March VDH and with incentives, be between $200 and $210, if they stick with the MB program.
My guess is they will make the building cost back on high points chart, especially if it is the same HOA and you have only 41?? years on contract vs 50. So a similar sales price as RIV would actually be a 10% increase in price per year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter