Reflections still on the drawing board..

Good point
Cabins booked for those Halloween and Xmas Holidays gives the new DVC Cabins tough booking availability. And lots of $$$ for Disney
Lots of reasons why DVC doesn’t care about sales… if nothing else it provides cash availability to last minute castmember discount eventually hopefully during those not so popular Hot Summer Nights .

If DVC cares about members that travel with their pet…
I expect they will also plan to cater to the Glam Camper like TmUber posted

2D054381-1E71-44D0-B26D-A1FF56962326.png

You know, I wasn't even factoring in the cabins, which I should have. I was really thinking about the rumored but probably true multi story tower monstrosity that will be the lodge.

Just thought of this. With all those new rooms I bet there'll be a whole bunch more mouths to feed at Halloween. The loops will be so packed with DVCers that the candy won't last 15 minutes. Thinking of the campers who invest in candy for the TOT kids of the actual campground. I don't see people from the lodge "investing" in candy to give to the campers.
Another thing that kind of gets me is how the Mouse has hard ticket events for people to purchase entertainment. What a selling point. If you buy into the R*** DVC you'll have unlimited access to all of the decorated sites from October through the end of December. Those sites of course being decorated at the time and expense of those campers paying the newly inflated prices for said sites.
Lastly, I'm guessing the Lodge will have an entire paddock filled with new golf carts for their rentals. I forsee the loops looking like downtown Manhattan during rush hour!
Another sunny thought brought to you by your local crumdugen. Now get off my grass...

Don, in my mind I saw you smile :teeth: while you were writing this post.

I said way back early on when R* was clearing land that I thought my days/nights of staying in 100 loop may be over. That's going to be too close to a lot of the hub-bub going on behind Pioneer Hall. I have bemoaned the growth in all golf carts at the Fort (both rental and personal) and realize that I am in the minority of that opinion - nevertheless, I persevere.

My strategy (although my visits may become fewer and further in-between) would be to hunker down in a Tent site in 1500 loop (on the back side against the canals hopefully) and remember the FW that used-to-be. Curse the clouds when they blow in, chase kids on bikes off my campsite, and install wireless security cameras running off the broadband, high speed Fort WIFI ( :rotfl2: ).

Soon they'll pave the Meadow by the main pool with something to get rid of the greenspace.

Sad.

Last edited:
Thinking of the campers who invest in candy for the TOT kids of the actual campground. I don't see people from the lodge "investing" in candy to give to the campers.
Another thing that kind of gets me is how the Mouse has hard ticket events for people to purchase entertainment.
I think you are on to something. Instead of the mouse lining their own pocket for a ticketed TOT at the Fort event while we provide the decoaraction and candy. I think several of us should set up a toll gate at the entry to the busiest loops. We can even drastically discount the regular Disney add on event price to say, $50/person or $35/ kid. For actual Fort Campers, we would have a even more substantial discount to $0.50/ adult, kids free.

My initial thought was that pricing would significantly reduce non-campers, but probably not. It would provide a nice revenue stream to offset the candy and decorations though.

j

Last edited:
I think you are on to something. Instead of the mouse lining their own pocket for a ticketed TOT at the Fort event while we provide the decoaraction and candy. I think several of us should set up a toll gate at the entry to the busiest loops. We can even drastically discount the regular Disney add on event price to say, $50/person or $35/ kid. For actual Fort Campers, we would have a even more substantial discount to $0.50/ adult, kids free.

My initial thought was that pricing would significantly reduce non-campers, but probably not. It would provide a nice revenue stream to offset the candy and decorations though.

j
I like the way you think. But I think you'll have to hand out wristbands or you'll have parents sneaking their kids into the loops through the bushes. You know they will!

I think I'd put a BIG sign in front of my rig saying "Fort campers only, WE CHECK ID. Have your MDE ready".

I'm hoping that there will be a 'Fort Wilderness carts only' rule for the holiday dates that will exclude TDVCTMNBN and their carts. I mean, right now you can't come in during the holiday dates if you aren't staying at the Fort, and they've made it clear that TDVCTMNBN is a 'separate entity with some shared facilities'. So if Joe Bloggs from the Contemporary can't come to the Fort, why should Joe Bloggs from TDVCTMNBN be able to just because he has a golf cart from 'that place'?

Sadly, if this goes the way we think it will I predict the demise of Fort decorations and/or TOT within 2 years. If I knew my decorations were going to make the loops look like the Friday Night Cruise after the HS football game in my old hometown, I'd not put them up in the first place. Nor would I be happy in having to 'turn off my porch light' 1 hour after TOT started because a tidal wave of kiddies has caused me to run out of candy.

I like the way you think. But I think you'll have to hand out wristbands or you'll have parents sneaking their kids into the loops through the bushes. You know they will!
:worship: Sadly, you are right.

Sadly, if this goes the way we think it will I predict the demise of Fort decorations and/or TOT within 2 years.
Don't say this too loud. I'm guessing Disney would be happy not having to deal with the excessive decorations, special cart rules, extra security and the rest. I'll bet if they could find a way to make it go away and make it seem like wasn't their fault, they would.

j

:worship: Sadly, you are right.

Don't say this too loud. I'm guessing Disney would be happy not having to deal with the excessive decorations, special cart rules, extra security and the rest. I'll bet if they could find a way to make it go away and make it seem like wasn't their fault, they would.

j

I was thinking more of campers getting sick of the hordes and gridlock and deciding it just wasn't worth it anymore. I didn't think about Disney putting the kibosh on it!

But I can see your concern. I'm sure they'll have some pencil pusher doing a 'cost analysis' and TPTB deciding it's not worth the money they make on food and souvenirs. I'd think that was the only income they generate from it, people coming to Hoop and Trail's End before they 'start the rounds'. All they'll need is one incident (like a GC accident or an 'altercation' involving outside 'carters'). They'll turn it into 'multiple incidences' but cite only the one.

I'd think it'd be easy to claim 'no fault', once 'that place' is opened.

Stormy and Teamubr,

You folks are WAY overthinking this whole R*-impact-on-camper-Halloween activities.

For the following, I am turning ON.

The DVC guests behind Pioneer Hall would NEVER dream of trying to Trick-or-Treat (ToT) in the camper loops because those are, well, camper loops. They would INSIST on having shuttle busses (paid for by their dues/annual fees) carry the DVC kids/parents wanting to ToT to the DVC CABINS where of course there would be much more, bigger, and better candy offerings in loops 2200-2800. The shuttles can then return everyone back to the R* resort. And visa versa for cabin kids wanting to ToT at the wonderful R* resort (going down the hallways, knocking on doors, floor-after-floor....).

We campers are free to mix and mingle among us normies and have the same good time we've had for decades at the Fort. ToT and Halloween in general has, IMHO, been better the last few years with golf cart rentals restricted to FW guests and screening travelers at transportation points to the Fort (scanning Magic Bands) to only allow Fort guests to access the Fort on Halloween (and those with HDDR-type or activity reservations, etc.). We campers shouldn't have to bear the brunt of all the WDW-wide resort guests (and locals) who couldn't get a Mickey's-Not-So-Scary ticket at MK and want to crash the "by campers for campers" activity.

I am now turning the OFF.

:scratchinAlthough we might want to string some barbed wire behind Pioneer Hall just-in-case.:rolleyes:

Bama Ed

PS - the reason I know the DVC folks won't crash our ToT event is they wouldn't think they would like it. After all, they actively believe there are no towels available at the two Fort resort pools because the towels tend to "disappear" and "this-is-why-we-can't-have-nice-stuff/services". (mentioned many times on the DVC boards - "what, no towels at the pool? Why not?")

Last edited:
The DVC guests behind Pioneer Hall would NEVER dream of trying to Trick-or-Treat (ToT) in the camper loops because those are, well, camper loops.

We campers are free to mix and mingle among us normies and have the same good time we've had for decades at the Fort.
We can always dream.

j

If crowds scare you on Halloween Night
Just beware Celebration might be crazier than Disney !

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest