• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refills with popcorn bucket receipt?

jmw1975

Earning My Ears
I read somewhere that if you buy a popcorn bucket, you can just show the receipt from your purchase in order to get more popcorn at the refill price. But I haven't been able to confirm this. We love popcorn and I like the idea of the refills as an inexpensive snack... But I hate the idea of having to carry around the bucket everywhere we go. Has anyone had success just showing their receipt?

Our experience (July, 2022) you need to show the bucket. We just attached it to our backpack we carried into the parks

Our experience (July, 2022) you need to show the bucket. We just attached it to our backpack we carried into the parks
Ok, thanks. Bummer! We're hoping to just use a fanny pack and it seems like it would be annoying to hang the bucket off of that. But we might try it.

I read somewhere that if you buy a popcorn bucket, you can just show the receipt from your purchase in order to get more popcorn at the refill price. But I haven't been able to confirm this. We love popcorn and I like the idea of the refills as an inexpensive snack... But I hate the idea of having to carry around the bucket everywhere we go. Has anyone had success just showing their receipt?
We just got home February 4, 2023, refilled our bucket probably 10 times at least and we were never asked to show a receipt. One time I was just handed a cardboard box of popcorn, another I was asked if I wanted it in my bucket. But I think you'll need to have your bucket.

Just backish Feb 7-15 we bought the figment bucket. I didn't want to carry it around and damage it so I showed my receipt which was in MDE because you had to mobile order it and that worked to get a refill, but most people had to have a supervisor approve if they could do it. We hate carrying around the buckets as the lids pop off so easily.

The fact you have the bucket means you bought it at some point. I doubt they expect people to carry around a paper receipt.

The point is that they would rather carry the receipt and not the bucket, if possible.We would love to do that as well. DH would like the Tron cycle bucket if comes to WDW, but we would rather not have to carry it around the park. If it would work just to show the receipt to get the refill, that would be ideal.

Plus you get more popcorn in a standard-sized bucket than in the paper popcorn container, plus you can carry it around easier with the lid.

So- I thought that you could refill for the length of your trip? We've been asked for a receipt more than once...but can you bring an old bucket back to WDW and use it again?

We also wonder if they are clean when you get them? Had a sort of "iffy" issue but son didn't tell us until we were already eating :)

Our last day we went to MK for popcorn. I always take a large tin and fill it with popcorn for my kids to enjoy at home. I buy 5 refills and transfer the popcorn into a large plastic bag. The CM at the popcorn cart asked for my 5 empty buckets so he could fill them. I didn't have 5 but wanted to fill my single 5 times. He was insistent he could not do that. I offered to go through the line 5 times. He finally said he would do it but still game me flack. I've done this same exercise at every park and DS and thought it weird. Why do you think it would matter? I'm not reselling popcorn just wanted to take it home.

I guess it speaks to that I thought- and had been told a couple of times when we've bought refillable buckets. I was clearly told it was "for the length of the trip". The same as a refillable mug. But maybe this isn't correct? Or some cast members don't care or check?

I guess it speaks to that I thought- and had been told a couple of times when we've bought refillable buckets. I was clearly told it was "for the length of the trip". The same as a refillable mug. But maybe this isn't correct? Or some cast members don't care or check?
I purchased a bucket for the first time ever last week and noticed that "for the length of the trip" wording also.

It made me wonder if the buckets have RFID tags like the refillable mugs do perhaps?

Is the Disney popcorn still really salty? We've not been in over 10 years but I remember it being really salty last time! Do they have sweet too? How much are refills? Thank you

I purchased a bucket for the first time ever last week and noticed that "for the length of the trip" wording also.

It made me wonder if the buckets have RFID tags like the refillable mugs do perhaps?
I'm local and always bring buckets from home - when I remember. Ha! I don't feel bad about it because I've bought so many buckets due to forgetting mine, or just wanting a new design. I've never been questioned about it.

We've used buckets that a CM in the know would know hasn't been produced in several years. We are AP and Florida Residents. We don't stay onsite, so what is our length of trip? There is no RFID chip in the buckets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter