• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

REcently booked split stay & DDP...now have 2nd thoughts

Betty_Baylor99

Mouseketeer
We are less than 3 weeks from our trip and last night, I decided to add on a night on-property to our visit so we have a split stay. I had an impulse moment, and got the DDP and I am now having second thoughts. I’ve already paid for it in full. If it’s possible to call and cancel the DDP without penalty, when is the latest I can do so?

We are less than 3 weeks from our trip and last night, I decided to add on a night on-property to our visit so we have a split stay. I had an impulse moment, and got the DDP and I am now having second thoughts. I’ve already paid for it in full. If it’s possible to call and cancel the DDP without penalty, when is the latest I can do so?

You may already be within that window. I would call and ask. If there is a penalty, keep the plan and make the most of it.

That’s what I thought and that’s what I get for making a last minute impulse decision :crazy2: in hindsight, I should have just added the room only and decided about dining package later. It’s looking like one of my kids won’t arrive until the day we check out so I just paid for a dining plan that can’t even be used. I just tried calling to ask. They can’t remove the dining plan and they told me if I totally cancel, they’ll keep the $200 deposit for a package I booked less than 24 hrs ago. I really wished I would have kept my initial SoG Resort reservation instead of try to add on “Disney Magic”. Ugh.

With less than three weeks until the reservation, there should just be a $50 change fee. Do you want to remove the dining plan or cancel the entire reservation? It sounds like the person you talked to just didn’t know how to process the change.

With less than three weeks until the reservation, there should just be a $50 change fee. Do you want to remove the dining plan or cancel the entire reservation? It sounds like the person you talked to just didn’t know how to process the change.

I just want to remove the dining plan. Or if it would be logistically easier on their end to outright cancel hotel and DDP, and I just re-book the room I would gladly do that. Looks like I will just keep the DDP. I’m trying to see if I can switch out another family member to at least use the table credits so they won’t go to waste.

I just want to remove the dining plan. Or if it would be logistically easier on their end to outright cancel hotel and DDP, and I just re-book the room I would gladly do that. Looks like I will just keep the DDP. I’m trying to see if I can switch out another family member to at least use the table credits so they won’t go to waste.

Or plan in some signature meals so you can use up the credits they won't be there to do. OR plan to do two TS meals on one or two days for the rest of you while they aren't there and use up the credits. There are options for using those credits; please don't let them go to waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter