Recent Trip - Highlights and Observations

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
I was recently at DLR on Sunday and Monday (November 28 & 29) and had a great time. I thought I'd post a few thoughts about it for anyone interested.
  • It really wasn't that crowded coming off hte holiday. We had an easy time with security and getting into the parks. DL had the usual walkway congestion in the known choke-points, but really it wasn't too bad.
  • I found wait times to generally beat the estimates every time. I was able to ride Rise twice on this trip with about 45 minute waits - that's insane compared to WDW! I like that the lines move quicly and really see no ned for any kind of fast pass system at all!
  • I had a fun experience on Rise with a First Order officer giving me a little banter in interrogation. He was pretty good! I said "You'll never capture all of us!" and he replied, "I don't know - look at all these people!" as more guests funneled in. He's right you know! 🤣 I said," You have a point - who can I talk to about defecting." He said "The Interrogater will help you out - he's a wonderful guy." Good show, my man!
  • So, Web Slingers, yeah, that's okay I guess but I sure wouldn't wait in two-hour lines for it. It's like a pumped-up Toy Story Mania. I liked the idea of the add-on toys too, but I am glad I didn't buy one. The Avengers Campus area is lovely though but they need to get rolling on the Avengers Ride to make it more worthwhile.
  • Mobile Ordering food generally worked well, though my sister was not tooo happy that we had to wait over an hour to get corn dogs! I told her and told her we should be ordering earlier, but it worked out. I skipped the corn dogs and got bao buns from Tropical Hideaway and they were delicious with minimal wait too!
  • Speaking fo food, the Festival of the Holidays was a big hit for me and my mom. The Holiday Stuffing Mac & Cheese was possibly the best mac & cheese that I've ever had! The Nashville Hot Turkey Slider was also a nice one for me and my mom loved the Beef Pot Roast on Potato Roll with horseradish cream too. The bread pudding from Pacific Wharf Cafe was wonderful too!
  • I love how they re-did Snow White's Enchanted Wish. Even when adding the new scenes and animatronics, they made them to look like it fits in well with the older stuff so it's not jarring. Add in some new lighting and it's really a great refresh of a classic.
  • My mom had her first churro - we got The Bride Churro from the booth nearest Haunted Mansion. We got powdered sugar all over us and a lady told my mom that a bird had pooped on her - just sugar though. My mom walked up to the booth and ordered two, but I said, no, let's split one - she had no idea how big they were!
  • Man, the lagoon at DCA is horrible right now! It's a sea of scaffolding. They need to get it fixed and World of Color running as soon as possible! Other areas of the park appeared to be beautiful though and well kept. I saw no glaring issues and the Christmas decorations were lovely!
I feel like I am forgetting stuff - it was kind of a whrilwind. My mom and I went on one day and my stepdad, sister and brother-in-law joined us on day two - one Disney day just wasn't enough for me! They didn't drive me too crazy though, but it got borderline with the food situation a little - my sister can get "hangry!" The Disney Magic always prevails though and I think everyone had a good time. Rise of the Resistance absolutely blew their minds! It was a good time overall. We also did Universal Hollywood a few days before, and that was quite good as well - I haven't been in a while and they were impressive.

I am now glad to be home though and will look forward to my next trip!

Last edited:
I was recently at DLR on Sunday and Monday (November 28 & 29) and had a great time. I thought I'd post a few thoughts about it for anyone interested.
  • It really wasn't that crowded coming off hte holiday. We had an easy time with security and getting into the parks. DL had the usual walkway congestion in the known choke-points, but really it wasn't too bad.
  • I found wait times to generally beat the estimates every time. I was able to ride Rise twice on this trip with about 45 minute waits - that's insane compared to WDW! I like that the lines move quicly and really see no ned for any kind of fast pass system at all!
  • I had a fun experience on Rise with a First Order officer giving me a little banter in interrogation. He was pretty good! I said "You'll never capture all of us!" and he replied, "I don't know - look at all these people!" as more guests funneled in. He's right you know! 🤣 I said," You have a point - who can I talk to about defecting." He said "The Interrogater will help you out - he's a wonderful guy." Good show, my man!
  • So, Web Slingers, yeah, that's okay I guess but I sure wouldn't wait in two-hour lines for it. It's like a pumped-up Toy Story Mania. I liked the idea of the add-on toys too, but I am glad I didn't buy one. The Avengers Campus area is lovely though but they need to get rolling on the Avengers Ride to make it more worthwhile.
  • Mobile Ordering food generally worked well, though my sister was not tooo happy that we had to wait over an hour to get corn dogs! I told her and told her we should be ordering earlier, but it worked out. I skipped the corn dogs and got bao buns from Tropical Hideaway and they were delicious with minimal wait too!
  • Speaking fo food, the Festival of the Holidays was a big hit for me and my mom. The Holiday Stuffing Mac & Cheese was possibly the best mac & cheese that I've ever had! The Nashville Hot Turkey Slider was also a nice one for me and my mom loved the Beef Pot Roast on Potato Roll with horseradish cream too. The bread pudding from Pacific Wharf Cafe was wonderful too!
  • I love how they re-did Snow White's Enchanted Wish. Even when adding the new scenes and animatronics, they made them to look like it fits in well with the older stuff so it's not jarring. Add in some new lighting and it's really a great refresh of a classic.
  • My mom had her first churro - we got The Bride Churro from the booth nearest Haunted Mansion. We got powdered sugar all over us and a lady told my mom that a bird had pooped on her - just sugar though. My mom walked up to the booth and ordered two, but I said, no, let's split one - she had no idea how big they were!
  • Man, the lagoon at DCA is horrible right now! It's a sea of scaffolding. They need to get it fixed and World of Color running as soon as possible! Other areas of the park appeared to be beautiful though and well kept. I saw no glaring issues and the Christmas decorations were lovely!
I feel like I am forgetting stuff - it was kind of a whrilwind. My mom and I went on one day and my stepdad, sister and brother-in-law joined us on day two - one Disney day just wasn't enough for me! They didn't drive me too crazy though, but it got borderline with the food situation a little - my sister can get "hangry!" The Disney Magic always prevails though and I think everyone had a good time. Rise of the Resistance absolutely blew their minds! It was a good time overall. We also did Universal Hollywood a few days before, and that was quite good as well - I haven't been in a while and they were impressive.

I am now glad to be home though and will look forward to my next trip!
Thanks for sharing and your thoughts. Will be there in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter