• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trip is only in August, so I still have some time to practice getting a BG. I’ve read that everyone in your party should try for a BG. I’m the only person in my party that has an MDE account. Should my husband and sons create their own accounts on MDE or should they sign into my account on MDE?
They can sign into yours if they don't want their own accounts.

Followed all the advice this morning but didn’t get boarding group. Got to the second join and got message in red error at bottom that there was a problem. Ugh what does that mean?
Going to try again at 1pm

Followed all the advice this morning but didn’t get boarding group. Got to the second join and got message in red error at bottom that there was a problem. Ugh what does that mean?
Going to try again at 1pm
Are you there now? Unfortunately the only advice we can share is be ready the moment it turns 1:00 and click join join join as fast as you’re able. Don’t stop to read or check anything.

Many who are not successful at 7:00AM report success at 1:00 PM.

Our trip is only in August, so I still have some time to practice getting a BG. I’ve read that everyone in your party should try for a BG. I’m the only person in my party that has an MDE account. Should my husband and sons create their own accounts on MDE or should they sign into my account on MDE?
There is no need for them to create their own accounts. My husband and I each have our own accounts, which I created back in the first days of MDE, before I knew that I really didn't have to have a separate one for him. We had failed on four separate trips to get a boarding group when both of us tried at the same time to get a boarding group using our separate MDE accounts. When we just used one MDE account to get the boarding group, we finally had success. :)

On 5/1, we did not try for a 7am BG. At 1pm, we tried while in the outside queue for MMRR. I signed out of MDE and signed back in at 12:55. I then used time.gov and then switched over to MDE12:59:45 and counted down and pressed join join join almost right as it hit 1pm but may have delayed a fraction of a second as the join button didn’t look active yet. Got back up boarding group 173 and we were called at 6:50 pm. I was not notified by the app and only knew because I was obsessively checking.

I have questions about building your party's boarding group. Is there anyway to do that ahead of time? We have 5 people and I worried by the time I click 4 other names before I hit JOIN I will miss our window.

I have questions about building your party's boarding group. Is there anyway to do that ahead of time? We have 5 people and I worried by the time I click 4 other names before I hit JOIN I will miss our window.
Everyone in your party with a DHS reservation will automatically be selected. DO NOT stop to check, just keep clicking Join.

If by small chance you get it and not everyone in your party was pre-selected, visit the Guest Experiences Team (Get) at DHS and they should be able to help you.

Pausing to check your group will most likely disqualify you from getting a bg.

There is no need for them to create their own accounts. My husband and I each have our own accounts, which I created back in the first days of MDE, before I knew that I really didn't have to have a separate one for him. We had failed on four separate trips to get a boarding group when both of us tried at the same time to get a boarding group using our separate MDE accounts. When we just used one MDE account to get the boarding group, we finally had success. :)

Awesome, thank you!

I just want to make sure I’m understanding. Only one of you used your MDE account to get a BG or you were both signed into your own devices under your account and were both trying on the same account?

What screen are you refreshing on? My best advice is to avoid any refreshing. Be at the home “AT AT” screen by 658am and wait until your phone time changes to 7am (hover your finger over the button and be ready to click). As soon as the time changes hit join x3. There is really no need to refresh anything.
Hi, I'm refreshing on the screen right after you hit the first Join. I'm refreshing by pulling down, under where it says "Join Virtual Queue", on the blue bar that goes across the page. That's what alot of people have done in Youtube videos I've watched about this. Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.

Question about "refreshing" or logging back in just before time. Are either of those necessary? What does logging out and back in do? I will only have a one day chance at this and want to try what is best. If I'm at the at at page, can I not just start hitting join join join as soon as 7am or 1pm hits? Will it not work if I don't refresh? We'll be at an off site resort so I will check out what the wifi is like, but even if the wifi is decent do you think I should go off wifi when I try officially? Lawd...my nerves are rattled already from the pressure! lol

Question about "refreshing" or logging back in just before time. Are either of those necessary? What does logging out and back in do? I will only have a one day chance at this and want to try what is best. If I'm at the at at page, can I not just start hitting join join join as soon as 7am or 1pm hits? Will it not work if I don't refresh? We'll be at an off site resort so I will check out what the wifi is like, but even if the wifi is decent do you think I should go off wifi when I try officially? Lawd...my nerves are rattled already from the pressure! lol
A lot of the things were habits developed prepandemic that aren't really necessary now. It can help to close out of all other apps running in the background, otherwise, just open the app a few minutes before 7 to ensure you're logged in and click the join under ATAT a couple times to cache the page, helps second page load faster on go time.

The right when you're phone time flips over to 7:00.00, at the ATAT click join join join and you should get the boarding group.

A lot of the things were habits developed prepandemic that aren't really necessary now. It can help to close out of all other apps running in the background, otherwise, just open the app a few minutes before 7 to ensure you're logged in and click the join under ATAT a couple times to cache the page, helps second page load faster on go time.

The right when you're phone time flips over to 7:00.00, at the ATAT click join join join and you should get the boarding group.
Okay...thank you! That makes me feel a little bit better. I'm praying I'm successful with the 7am attempt because if not, I'll be semi-distracted worrying until 1pm. haha

Hi, I'm refreshing on the screen right after you hit the first Join. I'm refreshing by pulling down, under where it says "Join Virtual Queue", on the blue bar that goes across the page. That's what alot of people have done in Youtube videos I've watched about this. Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.
That is definitely one method, but since it doesn't seem to be working for you I would recommend trying what we call the AT-AT method...which is basically just waiting on the main MDE screen, where the AT-AT picture is, until precisely 7am (or 1pm), then clicking Join 3x without reading or clicking anything else. Most people on this thread use that method and the vast majority are successful.

That is definitely one method, but since it doesn't seem to be working for you I would recommend trying what we call the AT-AT method...which is basically just waiting on the main MDE screen, where the AT-AT picture is, until precisely 7am (or 1pm), then clicking Join 3x without reading or clicking anything else. Most people on this thread use that method and the vast majority are successful.
I have been using the AT-AT method for practice at home and have been 9 for 9 since using this method.

For those who has been at the Dolphin resort at the time of getting a Boarding Pass, what has been your experience? Did you use the hotel WiFi or your cell phone data? If you used your data did you found a place where the T-Mobile signal was better?

I know it's too specific but my trip is getting closer and I'm getting nervous :/

I
For those who has been at the Dolphin resort at the time of getting a Boarding Pass, what has been your experience? Did you use the hotel WiFi or your cell phone data? If you used your data did you found a place where the T-Mobile signal was better?

I know it's too specific but my trip is getting closer and I'm getting nervous :/
I hear you...we're at the Boardwalk and I would love to know specific details about doing this! There are SO many varying videos/tips out there. For what it's worth, I have an Android phone and am not too "techy" in regards to Wi-Fi and other terms; I like straightforward, practical advice, literally spelling out steps that work. Thanks for reading and any help, this board is so awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter