• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recommendation of taking two devices per person, I think we have officially jumped the shark as a group 😂
You laugh, but I'm honestly thinking about bringing my iPad or my old iPhone SE! 😂 We will only have three people there, and I'm concerned that all our devices are pretty new iPhones.

Trying to plan for our May trip and decide which day to go. I was thinking HS on a Wed but it looks like they have Early morning Magic that day. Would Tuesday or Thursday be better then? Are there any days of the week that are historically better or not? This is my 12Th time to Disney in the last 10 years but the BG thing is stressing me out!
Unless something changed recently, they no longer have EMM at DHS. So any weekday should be pretty much the same as any other.

I looked this morning at the app, and my MDE app showing land status showing as "closed", even though it's open? I refreshed a bit, and then still ended up closing out the app twice, and still showed as the land closed until about 15 minutes after 8. Have there been any other reports like this?

Trying to plan for our May trip and decide which day to go. I was thinking HS on a Wed but it looks like they have Early morning Magic that day. Would Tuesday or Thursday be better then? Are there any days of the week that are historically better or not? This is my 12Th time to Disney in the last 10 years but the BG thing is stressing me out!
I believe all the early morning EMHs at DHS have been moved to evening EMHs until August.

Since the "missing friends/family" phenomena seemed to be widespread today, a cut/paste reminder from Post #1:

Some in my party didn't show up on my Friends/Family List when trying to join a Boarding Group?

This is an issue that is reported with relative frequency.

If someone in your party there with you that morning does not show up in the app when attempting to join a Boarding Group - immediately join yourself and whoever else you can (if applicable), then head to a Guest Experience Team station for assistance. Do not wait or try to restart the app for your missing party member to show up.

Remember, everyone in your party must have entered the park (GET team members have this information and will not add someone who had not tapped in to the park that morning).

I just wanted to repost this because people constantly posting about how they were missing people this morning is adding extra and wasted posts to this thread. It happens just understand how to handle it.

Excuse me if this has already been asked, I haven't see it!

We're a party of ten and all but 1 of us has a phone, so potentially we have a lot of phones to try for a BG. Last time I asked about this people said that's great because we'll have so many people to try, but does anybody need to stop the process along the way if anybody else gets in or does everyone just try all at once and whoever gets it first gets it first? Does that make sense?

Excuse me if this has already been asked, I haven't see it!

We're a party of ten and all but 1 of us has a phone, so potentially we have a lot of phones to try for a BG. Last time I asked about this people said that's great because we'll have so many people to try, but does anybody need to stop the process along the way if anybody else gets in or does everyone just try all at once and whoever gets it first gets it first? Does that make sense?

All try, it will stop you

It's far easier to just hit "select all" than to mess with splitting the group.
Yeah, unfortunately not everyone I’m linked with will be going so I don’t think I can use Select All. Unless it only recognizes your Friends and Fam in the park with you that day?

Just a heads up to anyone who has the issue with your whole group not showing up to select ... same thing happened to me this morning. I went ahead and just booked it for myself and went to guest experience. There was a very long line and many people had the same issue. There was a cast member who came by the line and talked to each group to see what their problem was before they got to the front. When we mentioned what happened he made it seem like that wasn’t something they’d fix and that we were out of Luck. We stayed in line anyways and when we got to the front and talked to someone actually part of the team it was no issue at all she fixed it up and put the other 3 people in our party.

Just a heads up to anyone who has the issue with your whole group not showing up to select ... same thing happened to me this morning. I went ahead and just booked it for myself and went to guest experience. There was a very long line and many people had the same issue. There was a cast member who came by the line and talked to each group to see what their problem was before they got to the front. When we mentioned what happened he made it seem like that wasn’t something they’d fix and that we were out of Luck. We stayed in line anyways and when we got to the front and talked to someone actually part of the team it was no issue at all she fixed it up and put the other 3 people in our party.

Very helpful. Thank you for the report.

You laugh, but I'm honestly thinking about bringing my iPad or my old iPhone SE! 😂 We will only have three people there, and I'm concerned that all our devices are pretty new iPhones.
A few weeks ago we saw someone entering HS with their laptop. Not sure what they did with it after getting their BG but they were prepared! A bit overkill but to each his own!

This has probably been answered somewhere, but who shows up in your list after hitting the join boarding group? Is it only people you have plans with? is it everyone on your F&F list? Is it recommended to clean out the F&F list before going to remove anyone not going during your visit to make it easier to select party?

This has probably been answered somewhere, but who shows up in your list after hitting the join boarding group? Is it only people you have plans with? is it everyone on your F&F list? Is it recommended to clean out the F&F list before going to remove anyone not going during your visit to make it easier to select party?

It's in alphabetical order

Because I didn’t want to gum up the works by accidentally getting a BG, I limited my test for today to waiting 15 seconds after the clock struck 8:00 to hit Find Out More. Still no red button.

Beware of advice telling you to wait for a few seconds before hitting Find Out More. For whatever reason that doesn’t work for me, but if I hit My Status I can get to an active button within 5 seconds. A good reason to try a few things at home before being thrown into the fire at the park. If you’re afraid that you might accidentally get a BG, stop short of actually entering names for a BG.

Oh No! I've not heard much about bus unreliability like this?! What resort where you staying at?
I don't think my experience is specific to my resort. I don't want to specify the resort since I feel that would give incorrect impressions. Mostly the busses work, but there is that chance that they won't, no matter which resort.
If you miss rope drop at MK, it is less of a big deal than missing DHS, so that's the only reason I pointed out what happened to me. So, in my opinion, for Rise of the Resistance greater caution is warranted.

Everyone in your F&F list will show up and you will have to select the people who are with you that day to get your BG. It's best if you can pare down your F&F list to only those who will be at DHS with you or at least make it as small as possible to make it easier to get just the people you need on that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter