Re-Sale or Add on with MB

jonb

Earning My Ears
I am looking to add on 50 Points. It does not matter to me were I add on to. Has anyone ever seen a resales with only that many points? or is it not worth it with MB??????

It's not worth is with MB availability. There's a title fee of between $400-500 on any resale, even 50 point resales, kicking the price per point up. Small add-ons work best through DVC. You have the advantage of the same use year as well.

That's what I did too. Unless it is a super deal, I think there is really no price difference when you add on closing costs and/or reimburse for dues. If you are not in a hurry, you could try. But, you run the risk of losing a contract to ROFR and then DVC not having what you want or perhaps they will increase their price. I just bought an add-on at VB with the "keep your current points" deal. (it's also my home resort)

For 50 go with DVC direct since the resort does not matter to you

Thanks
jaysue

Unless you can get a small resale contract with banked points of course! :p

I just sent the deposit for a 75-point contract with all 75 points banked. So, it was worth it. I waited a while, but I finally got what I was looking for.

If you aren't willing to wait, then it's probably worth going through DVC directly. You don't have to wait for the ROFR process, closing costs, etc. So, DVC direct is probably the way to go with you on that 50-point add-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter