RD Navi River from Tusker House PPO

Princess_Lisa

DIS Veteran
I have an 8:15 AM Tusker House reservation on the AK day of my Birthday trip. As long as they don't change the hours, the park doesn't open until 9 AM. Since I can only pick one Tier 1, I was planning to get FoP when my FP Window (60+5) opens. How does RD work if you are already in the park and coming from Africa (Tusker House)?

I have an 8:15 AM Tusker House reservation on the AK day of my Birthday trip. As long as they don't change the hours, the park doesn't open until 9 AM. Since I can only pick one Tier 1, I was planning to get FoP when my FP Window (60+5) opens. How does RD work if you are already in the park and coming from Africa (Tusker House)?
You’ll have to backtrack from Tusker to the Pandora entrance. And, you’ll be far behind the rope drop crowd.

With your 8:15 ADR, you’ll be able to enter AK at 8:00. Tusker servers and entertainment CMs are advising diners to plan on 75 minutes to see all characters. They are also advising guests to pay for their meal as soon as they are seated.

If you are staying in AK until the park closes, it would be better to plan on NRJ a couple of minutes prior to park closing.

You’ll have to backtrack from Tusker to the Pandora entrance. And, you’ll be far behind the rope drop crowd.

With your 8:15 ADR, you’ll be able to enter AK at 8:00. Tusker servers and entertainment CMs are advising diners to plan on 75 minutes to see all characters. They are also advising guests to pay for their meal as soon as they are seated.

If you are staying in AK until the park closes, it would be better to plan on NRJ a couple of minutes prior to park closing.

I'm not planning to stay until close. I will, fingers crossed as the calendar shows MK closing at 6 PM that night, be at MNSSHP. I have 2 days I hadn't planned out yet (arrival day and checkout morning), so I could theoretically do it arrival day if need be, but wouldn't want to make a full day of it. I'm going to remove it from the touring plan for now.

upload_2018-2-23_16-46-13.png

I'm not planning to stay until close. I will, fingers crossed as the calendar shows MK closing at 6 PM that night, be at MNSSHP. I have 2 days I hadn't planned out yet (arrival day and checkout morning), so I could theoretically do it arrival day if need be, but wouldn't want to make a full day of it. I'm going to remove it from the touring plan for now.

View attachment 304271

Where did you get this chart from?

How many are in your group?
It's true that you won't beat the RD crowd - even if the bridge from FotLK to Pandora is open, they've been letting people into the park early.
If there are only two of you, I'd get my FPs done asap (9, 10 and 11) and then start looking for N'avi as a fourth. I've been seeing it come up a lot if I refresh the app a bit. The fewer people in your group, the more likely you'll find a slot open up.

I'd also recommend doing Kali later in the day / you may get soaked through on it. And lunch at noon after doing the buffet for breakfast is going to be a lot of food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter