rate my plan, please.

topmonkeygirl

DIS Veteran
We're staying 7 nights, DH and I, and we're getting the DxDP. We will be staying at the Poly, and we drive to The World.

These are in order breakfast, lunch, dinner for each day. Also we are big sit down and rest kind of people since we don't have kids we don't have to go to the resort for a rest. The restaurant is our resting spot. Here it goes.

Day 1 Crystal Palace, Columbia Harbour House, Cinderella's Castle.
Day 2 Akershus, sunshine season, Le Cellier'
Day 3 Hollywood and Vive, 50's Prime Time, Ohauna
Day 4 Tuskar House, Rainforest Cafe', Narcoossee's
Day 5 Room Service, ESPN, California Grill (No park this day)
Day 6 Boma, The Wave, Citricos (No park this day)
Day 7 1900 Park Fare, Pepper Market???, Planet Hollywood (No park this day)
Day 8 Kona for breakfast, then headed for home.

Tell me what you think, what would you keep and what would you change? Don't know if we should do Kona or Ohauna for breakfast our last day.

Thanks in advance for your advice. :grouphug:

We're staying 7 nights, DH and I, and we're getting the DxDP. We will be staying at the Poly, and we drive to The World.

These are in order breakfast, lunch, dinner for each day. Also we are big sit down and rest kind of people since we don't have kids we don't have to go to the resort for a rest. The restaurant is our resting spot. Here it goes.

Tell me what you think, what would you keep and what would you change? Don't know if we should do Kona or Ohauna for breakfast our last day.

Sounds good to me! I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Planet Hollywood, it's very fun and they play good music. Food is just normal American food but very good. A couple of your other places I am trying on next trip so I have no personal experience but from what I've read on here, all good choices!

I would cancel H&V and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, for food they are the worst. I only go to H&V because my DS3 has to dine with the Einstein's. :rotfl2:

For adults only, for a character breakfast I'd recommend Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. Both offer good food and fun character interaction.

For a really good adult breakfast, try the Grand Floridian Cafe. Beautiful, quiet setting with really good breakfast items. Kona is my favorite, which is already on your list.

Staying at the Poly, I wouldn't travel to CSR just to dine at the Pepper Market. I've heard Capt. Cook's at the Poly has really good entrees. Why not enjoy the day by the pool and have a meal there?

I always recommend a late 10:30am Tusker House "brunch" and an early 'Ohana dinner 5pm. Tusker House has a fabulous buffet with great lunch items like carved ham, quiche, etc... 'Ohana's is a very large meal, go starving. I would not recommend going to 'Ohana on a day you have three meals scheduled. It's too much food.

Narcoossee's is my all time favorite restaurant! Everything is delicious!

Have a wonderful vacation!

It may be early and I'm doing my math wrong, but isn't that over your alloted credits?

You're doing 3 meals per day, but Narcooses, CRT, room service, California Grill, and Citricos are all 2 credits. Are you going to pay OOP for some of the meals?

I think I counted 52 credits being used, but if you have DxDDP for 2 for 7 nights, you should only have 42 credits.

Just wanted to be sure you're aware that the signature restaurants are still 2 credits, even on DxDDP.

I assume you will be paying some meals OOP?

If I'm being honest, that is a lot of meals and you will be full all day. I LOVE the Deluxe DP but I don't think you will need to also do extra meals OOP. Maybe you could do a sit down bfst, and dinner and use the 2 snack credits for a light lunch instead and then not have to spend any $ OOP.

I would cancel H&V and 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, for food they are the worst. I only go to H&V because my DS3 has to dine with the Einstein's. :rotfl2:

For adults only, for a character breakfast I'd recommend Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace. Both offer good food and fun character interaction.

Have a wonderful vacation!

I respectfully disagree, 1900 PF I feel, has more fresher options than CM.
Plus you could get made to order omelets. I feel the direct opposite, for adults 1900 is a better option. CM is more chaotic with the chars and the napkin waving. Not saying CM is bad, it's great for kids, but not a good option for adults.

Thanks everyone for all of the input. We don't do the morning EMH because we like sit down meals, so I plan our breakfast before park opening. I feel like I would rush myself knowing that the park is open and I'm just sitting here eating. I try to make breakfast ressies as early as possible like 8:00, then lunch around 1:00, finally dinner around 7:00 or 8:00. Since we don't have kids we don't go to the room for a nap, we just take our time at lunch and that gives us our afternoon break.

I plan on paying out of pocket for some of the meals, that's o.k., and we might even skip a lunch or 2 we never know.

The reason I planned the pepper market was to check out the resort and see what it was like there. Since I plan on staying at the Poly and already plan on going to the other resorts on the monorail line we're going to look around those while we're there. I've heard everyone rave about Boma so that's another reason to go to the AKL for breakfast and after we can see the site and check out the animals. We like seeing the themes of the other resorts and taking pictures.

Thanks everyone for your feed back.

Looks like your Day 3 may be in DHS. If this is correct, you may wish to try Cape May for breakfast in place of H&V (Playhouse Disney Characters). The food is great at Cape May, and the characters are a few of the Fab Five. We usually have an early breakfast here and take the boat over to DHS. We never feel rushed and have nice character interaction. Have a great trip!

Sounds like a lil too much food for a year for us....lol. We havent eaten that many table service rests. in our last 5 trips.Would eliminate a few especially planet hollywood, rainforest, H&V and pepper. Otherwise looks good and filling.

We are just like you. The restaurants are our breaks. We love the DxDP and never feel as though it is too much food. We eat light at each restaurant and truly look forward to (and enjoy) each and every break.

You have great plans! I have made some changes in red, to include our favorites. I would be thrilled with your line up, too, though.

Day 1 Crystal Palace, Plaza -or- Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Castle.
Day 2 Akershus, Coral Reef -or- Chefs de France (for Remy), Le Cellier'
Day 3 Hollywood and Vive, Mama Melrose's (love this one!), Ohauna
Day 5 Room Service,Captain's Grill, California Grill (No park this day)
Day 7 1900 Park Fare, Pepper Market???, Wolf Gang Puck's (No park this day)
Day 8 Ohana's--definitely! for breakfast, then headed for home.

I would take Planet Hollywood off. The food is very bad. The music is way to loud in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter