Rain Forest Cafe

swtangels4me

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been here to eat and if so what did you think?? Will my kids like it ages 4 and 2. Have you gotten the Safari Club membership? Is it worth to get the membership, if only visiting one time?? :confused3

Thanks,

My family and I have eaten there and loved it. I will be there again in April and I have ressie for Rainforest again. pixiedust:

Has anyone been here to eat and if so what did you think??
We have one locally and we like it. We eat there maybe 4 times a year.

Will my kids like it ages 4 and 2.
It depends on your kids. My kids hate loud noises, but ds didn't mind. DD on the otherhand had to sit on my lap during thunderstorms 'til she was about 3. Now that their 8 and almost 5, they enjoy it.

Have you gotten the Safari Club membership? Is it worth to get the membership, if only visiting one time?
Yes, we do have the membership and we have gotten our money's worth. I don't remember how much it is. But you do get a $10 gift certifiacte when you apply. You also get a free chef's appetizer free everytime you go (unless you opt for 10% discount instead). Assuming the membership is $15 and the additional free apetizer ($7.95 value) or 10% is more than $5, then you break even. If you plan on purchasing merchandise in eth store, I think you also get 10% off. If you think you'll use the benefits, then go ahead and get the membership. We've had ours for over 2 years now.

I love the Rainforest...go everytime I am near one. As to the ages of your children...my 2 1/2 year old twin cousins were a bit antsy throughout the meal with the noises, etc. They had an ok time, but not as great a time as some older children might.

We have gone on our last 2 trips (9/02 and 12/04) and both times were horrible! One time we got stuck in the back by the kitchen, it took so long to get our food that DS fell asleep before it came, and our meals were terrible (both times). We have vowed to never go back again. We don't even go to the one here in Seattle anymore either. Our favorite place in Downtown Disney is the Italian restaurant at the end right before the entrance to Disneyland. Not sure of the name, but they have an outside pizza counter (which is quite good). However, the sit-down menu and food is fabulous! :thumbsup2

My sister and I ate there for lunch this past Feb. 23. We got the Safari Club Card since we like to eat there. Not often, but we'll probably go at least once out of the year. That's how you keep the card active.

I haven´t got the card since I only eat there approx. once a year, so can´t help you with that one.

I do think your kids will enjoy it. My kids have liked it since their first time there (ages then from 18 months). They love looking at all the animals and the theme in general. However, you should be aware that it can be loud and noisy so if your kids easily get frightened it might become too much for them. My youngest one has actually slept through a thunderstorm in her stroller.

Have fun!

victorandbellasmom said:
We haven't been since Christmas season, but did the Southcenter mall Rainforest Cafe close?

No, it didn't close. It's still there. My son likes to watch the alligator (crocodile?) that is outside in front.

victorandbellasmom said:
We haven't been since Christmas season, but did the Southcenter mall Rainforest Cafe close?

It is still listed on the rainforest web site- so I'm guessing it has not closed.

not sure about the other rain forest cafes...but the one at downtown disney is ALWAYS crowded! (at least, all the times we've been there!) and we do have the membership...and you can get priority seating w/that, along w/all those perks previously mentioned!! so you basically get to "cut in line", so to speak. which is a nice perk! and every now & then, you get a coupon in the mail for $5 off, on your birthday/anniversary or some special date! :flower:

where is info on joining this club? We are going to be 4 adults and two kids there, I think for breakfast next week. Maybe I should check into this club for the discounts? (we dont have one locally though)

I love the ambiance, but am not that fond of their food. My two year old likes to look around at everything, and he liked the food. It is reasonable with price and with our AP we get a discount. I wouldn't do breakfast though, because they are limited. Try lunch and enjoy.

We tried to make a res. there, but were told they were not on the dining plan, so we didn't reserve.

you can get the membership that day. when we went, the waiter just told us about it, and gave us a form, and we just filled it out. what i meant by priority seating...is not the disney dining priority seating thing. we just got put on the top of the waitling list, by showing our membership card, so we didn't have to wait in line...thus, "priority seating". i'm sure you can make reservations directly w/the restaurant. :flower:

RFC doesn't take ressie normally. The exceptionis if you are a safari club member. The club costs $15 I think. You get $5.00 off your next visit and each time you go you get a free appetizer or 10% off. We have used it for years.

The one perk we love is if you decide to go on the spur of the moment - they add you to a list and your wait time is half of the walk up wait time.

If you call the day before - they will make a ressie for whatever time you want - no matter what. It works great because the DTD one is ALWAYS crowded.

My family loves the food and the decor!

We took my 6 year old for her birthday dinner a few weeks ago. She loved the gorillas hooting and hollering and the thunderstorms every 30 minutes or so... but DFi and I thought it was awfully LOUD even when everything calmed down (just a general 'din' to the whole room). At some points we could barely hear each other talk, and even the waiter was straining to hear us and vice-versa.

The food was good. Only one chicken dish that I can remember, but it was delicious; sort of a moroccan type. The kids' portions seemed way too big, though. Strange complaint, but I hate wasting food. They have some great desserts and cocktails in neat glowing glasses. It's fun and definitely worth a trip.

BE SURE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS!!! Even with reservations we still had to wait 15 minutes for a table. We passed the time by looking in the gift shop. They also have a big aquarium and lots of robotic animals hiding about to look at. Oh, and a bar right up front in the 'lobby' area, if you are so inclined...

HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter