Rabbit’s No time to say hello challenge.

Parkhopstacker

runthedis
I’ve had a desire to do a unique WDW running challenge for awhile now and I think I’m a go for it. I’d like any tips from folks who have done this sort of thing before especially transportation/parking tips. So this is a fun and run challenge to the theme of the White Rabbit from Alice. (“I’m late, I’m late!!, for a very important date! No time to say hello!”)

The basics: run at least one mile at every resort and visit every park with a ride and snack… all in one day. Some resorts will be just 1 mile while others might be 2.5. I’ve got all the steps down (although I’m tweaking it).

I’m staying at Old Key West and yea this complicates things a bit logistically but couldnt pass up low DVC point cost. Any of my steps can be shortcut by trying to drive and park at resorts directly. (Either begging the lot attendant or getting an ADR.) can also do Lyft if running behind. Doing this Sept 7th where MK has extended hours. Overall it is a sun up to sun down challenge with about 24-26 miles run and all four parks visited.

My background… I’m no stranger to marathons and ultras and I have a healthy dose of weekly mileage. Will have a backpack with bladder for water, food, clothes. Etc. I’ll be driving and taking transportation.

I’ll post all my steps below to see if anyone has tips. Although I already know that If I just drive and ask the lot attendant to park at a resort (instead of using buses from parks) they probably will let me but I get anxious about that kind of thing. Also if anyone wants to join me, just let me know. Misery enjoys company!!

Wish me luck!!

Steps:
  • Do old key west first and then take SS nature trail to Saratoga springs
  • Run Saratoga springs. Total, 2 resorts, loop, 4.5 miles ish. Get to car. (Here is where I could do port orleans by asking the lot attendant if I can park there… I’ll see if I can get the nerve to do it. That could save a lot of time as you will see later).
  • Drive to animal kingdom for rope drop at 7:30. Do a ride, get a snack (rope drop may not be necessary)
  • Take bus to AKL and run there 1.0 mile
  • Take bus back to AK
  • Take bus or Lyft to Coronado springs
  • Run Coronado 1.0 mile
  • Seems like I can run from Coronado to All Stars. There’s a sidewalk. 1.75 miles
  • Run all stars. all three. 2.5 miles
  • Get back to AK and drive to Springs.
  • Boat to port orleans. Run the big sassagoula loop. 3.5 miles
  • Boat back to springs
  • Drive to HS
  • If 2;00 or later do ride and snack
  • Sky liner to epcot
  • Run the loop for boardwalk, yacht, beach, dolphin and swan. 1.0 mile
  • Sky liner to riviera
  • Run loop for riviera, Carribean beach. 1.25 mile
  • Sky liner to AOA and pop
  • Run the loop at AOA and Pop 1.25 mile
  • Sky liner back to Epcot
  • Do ride and snack at Epcot
  • Sky liner to HS (if I didn’t do ride and snack already, do now)
  • Drive to TTC
  • Run from TTC to contemporary. Passing Poly and GF. 2.5 miles
  • Get to MK busses.
  • Bus to fort wilderness
  • Run fort wilderness 2.0 miles
  • Bus to magic
  • Bus from magic to CC and boulder ridge
  • Run CC and boulder ridge 1.5 mile
  • Bus to magic kingdom
  • Go to magic and do ride and snack
  • Done. 23.75 miles.

Sounds fun! Or at least something different!

One issue - but it may not matter since you have to wait until 2 to ‘hop’:

A couple times (pre-2020), I have gone to extra magic hours at AK on expo day. I would stay 30-60 minutes and then bus back to my resort. Getting a bus back to a resort early in the morning is hard. They are not expecting to pick up people, and I have had to wait 30+ minutes before. At least one time a bus driver took pity on me and called to see if he could take a route back to my resort. So you may need to account for extra bus transport time to resorts form AK in the morning (if you don’t Uber/Lyft).

Other options for MK to WL and FW is to take a boat (not sure if either have a bus in good weather). I think there used to be a boat that would go from Contemporary to WL and FW, but I’m not sure that they have started that back up (or if they ever will).

Sounds fun! Or at least something different!

One issue - but it may not matter since you have to wait until 2 to ‘hop’:

A couple times (pre-2020), I have gone to extra magic hours at AK on expo day. I would stay 30-60 minutes and then bus back to my resort. Getting a bus back to a resort early in the morning is hard. They are not expecting to pick up people, and I have had to wait 30+ minutes before. At least one time a bus driver took pity on me and called to see if he could take a route back to my resort. So you may need to account for extra bus transport time to resorts form AK in the morning (if you don’t Uber/Lyft).

Other options for MK to WL and FW is to take a boat (not sure if either have a bus in good weather). I think there used to be a boat that would go from Contemporary to WL and FW, but I’m not sure that they have started that back up (or if they ever will).
Oh those are fantastic tips. I totally forgot about the boats to FW and WL. Duh!

And yes I agree I am a bit worried about busses to the resorts in the mornings. I may have to dip into my bag of courage to see if I can drive to those resorts and ask nicely if I can park there.

Also I was thinking of getting a good deal of it on video too. Might be a neat video to see how I’m progressing and such.

This sounds like such a fun thing to do! I think the video would be super cool. If you feel like you might have a struggle with a parking attendant it also might go a long way showing a couple seconds of the video and be like see what I'm trying to do...can I please park here for just a bit so that I may achieve my magical quest???

Yeah that’s true. That may help! I plan on making a shirt with rabbit on it and the name of my challenge as well so I could show the attendant my shirt too! Can’t wait!

Had to change my dates on this one. Moving it up to 8/29. Stinks because instead of MK extra hours, it will be Epcot. Not the end of the world timing wise but I’ll have to re-arrange all my steps again. Btw if anyone is at the parks 8/27-8/30 I’ll be there solo’ing. Let me know if you want to go for a run!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter